Fate of Coach Toledo

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tnelly15
Riptide

Yeah, gets a little weird over there with parents sometimes. The only one I've ever seen that was critical of Toledo was Banks' dad. The other parents defend every criticism of any coach or player. I can only imagine if their kids would have gone to Lsu, they wouldnt have enough time in a day to be at their defense.

JTLiuzza
Swell

Pepper wrote:I am also uneasy with parents of players chiming in. I appreciate their sons playing for Tulane but they are too close to the program.
That's a good point. In addition to parent's, there are folks who have all of four or so years being Tulane fans, if that (students, newbies for whatever reason, etc). Thank goodness for them because we need all we can get. And they are certainly entitled to opinion, and often new eyes can have useful insight...

That said, being lectured by someone who has only been watching Tulane football for a couple of years is a little much. You guys know that enduring decades of this crap, faithfully, takes it's toll and hardens your perspective in a way that a neophyte can't understand. In fact, many of the present day lecturing neophytes probably couldn't make it as long as we have under the same circumstances. The dome used to have quite a few zealous neophytes in attendance on a Saturday during football season. They got worn down and now their seats are empty.

My point? I have none. I just felt like rambling a la Rick Dickson in an interview. :D
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

1ndabag wrote:My point? I have none. I just felt like rambling a la Rick Dickson in an interview. :D
Indeed, that was both uncomfortable and hard to watch.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Pepper wrote:Nothing against those guys over there, I have friendships over there, just some of the people over there think they are bigger than they are. I esp don't like people "saying if you don't like it you can leave" crap when you have an opinion that differs from theirs.

I am also uneasy with parents of players chiming in. I appreciate their sons playing for Tulane but they are too close to the program.
Friendships or not, that forum is run by classless hypocrites who are most certainly part of the problem.
Pepper
Swell

According to BT, when he got the news of the extension it gave him "great energy". Up to that moment, I thought he was in a coma on the sidelines.

And in Tammy's article this morning, he again throws Scelfo's recruits under the bus one more time by implying that a bowl payoff should come in 2011 because ALL of the players are his.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tnelly15
Riptide

It's kind of funny for him to throw Scelfo recruits under the bus. The only offensive threats we've had in the last four years other than Darkwa were brought in by Scelfo.
IM42lane
Swell

The decision has been made, so I guess we need to live with it and hope that Dickson did the right thing. (SHUDDER ! ! !)

Consider this, however. The only two recently successful Tulane coaches are Rick Jones and Lisa Stockton. They were here before Dickson was hired. ALL Dickson hires have not gotten the job done.
Dickson's track record over the years in this area is not good.

Cowen just seems to me like a guy who is just coasting into retirement. When he got here, he was going to take on the BCS and "Level the Field" for the Tulane's of college football. That has long passed. He just seems to be at a point in his life where he does not want to ruffle any feathers, and is just settling into the "retiring one day" mode.

I M just sayin' ! ! !
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Pepper
Swell

I would like for Rick or Lisa to be AD one day.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I'm numb because of this decision to continue the madness and keep this staff. Year 5 will be just like the first 4--highlighted by our Keystone Cops Special Teams. Toledo says that the special teams will be coached by all the staff, which really means it will not be coached by anybody.

On a positive note, I'm really looking forward to participating on this new board.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
JTLiuzza
Swell

Yep. For anybody expecting anything different next season I'd like to know what they're basing it on.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Toledo got energy by his contract being extened ?...maybe he should be drinking Geritol with a good senior vitamin !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dupergreenie
Surge

NOLABigSteve wrote:
1ndabag wrote:My point? I have none. I just felt like rambling a la Rick Dickson in an interview. :D
Indeed, that was both uncomfortable and hard to watch.

I usually feel like I need a shower.... possibly therapy afterwards.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Special Team problems stem from poor coaching decisions as well as lack of depth due to lack of skilled positions. The first few games next season could tell the fate of CBT.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981