Nice win

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RWR
Swell

A 114 pitch outing by Ziz followed by a perfect 3 1/3 innings by Ponder. We got one so turv you can still get your 2 again. Go Byo Go.

Pepper
Swell

Lets get the series win. Great win by a group of gutsy group.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RWR
Swell

BTW, RJ was blasting fans on his radio show last week for getting on him to put certain hitters in the line-up and just give them a chance. He said he wasn't seeing anything out of them so no way. The primary guy people were on him about was Florio. Thank goodness RJ finally saw what the fans saw. Go Tank.
JTLiuzza
Swell

Tough ending today. The men in green were holding firm then Rice blows it wide open and run rules us. I do wish we could have taken the series from them at home.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
sader24
Tsunami

Jones needs to stop worrying about fans and just be glad he has fans.
JTLiuzza
Swell

He does need to put away the rabbit ears.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Jonathan
Riptide

Jones needs to shut up and start recruiting top 20 players like he did five years ago or resign
RWR
Swell

A lot has been made about the calls at home plate. Well the call when Rice scored shouldn't have been close if Napoli had covered the plate. Instead he just slowly walked toward the plate and when he realized Crohan was trying to get there he looked and realized the runner was trying to score. I know our pitching situation is a major factor in what's going on but plays like that that have always happened under this coach. Now that we don't have the overabundance of talent plays like that kill us just like they prevented us from winning NC's when we had the talent to do so.
Pepper
Swell

we didn't get knocked out in 05 because of a lack of hustling. There is no question that we do not have the talent today as those teams in the past. Whether we will ever have in the future regardless of who is coaching is debateble. I do know if we do not get raided by the draft, we have a ton of arms coming in next year. I would like to see none of those kids pitch in the summer.
As far as this team goes, Sunday's are going to be a crap-shoot because of a depleted bullpen. Getting Byo & Pep will be huge down the stretch, esp with weaker conference opponents ahead. Who knows we might get on a roll and some people will be buried deep in their foxholes. ;)
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.