Tulane baseball pre-game event for LSU cancelled

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

"Dear Baton Rouge Alumni,
Due to a low registrant count, we had to cancel the pre-game event at Walk-On's scheduled for tomorrow, April 24th. If you purchased tickets for the event, your credit card will be refunded.
If you purchased game tickets, you may pick them up at LSU's Will Call at Alex Box Stadium prior to the game.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Roll Wave!

Ashley

Ashley Perkins
Tulane University
Office of Alumni Relations
504-314-2972 “

To say the least, another sign of where things are for present.
A "normal athletic program” would fire both Jones and Conroy, but as we all now know too well, there is nothing "normal" about Tulane's athletic program. Let’s hope the 10 run rule is agreed to for this game as well (and, I bet the LSU Box is only half full).
Last edited by Wave755 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:"Dear Baton Rouge Alumni,
Due to a low registrant count, we had to cancel the pre-game event at Walk-On's scheduled for tomorrow, April 24th. If you purchased tickets for the event, your credit card will be refunded.
If you purchased game tickets, you may pick them up at LSU's Will Call at Alex Box Stadium prior to the game.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Roll Wave!

Ashley

Ashley Perkins
Tulane University
504-314-2972 “

A "normal athletic program” would fire both Jones and Conroy, but as we all now know too well, there is nothing "normal" about Tulane's athletic program. Let’s hope the 10 run rule is agreed to for this game as well (and, I bet the LSU Box is only half full.)

Wow, that my friend is embarrassing. Nothing to see here, all is well and we certainly do not judge by wins and losses.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Another example of the " Tulane Model's" effect on athletics. Sad that the two halfwits
just do not get it!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
IM42lane
Swell

Roll Wave!

Ashley

Ashley Perkins
Tulane University
504-314-2972 “

A "normal athletic program” would fire both Jones and Conroy, but as we all now know too well, there is nothing "normal" about Tulane's athletic program. Let’s hope the 10 run rule is agreed to for this game as well (and, I bet the LSU Box is only half full.)
This is the first time that I am hearing about this!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote:

Roll Wave!

Ashley

Ashley Perkins
Tulane University
504-314-2972 “

Email went out at about 1:52 p.m. today announcing the cancellation. And, remember when people waited in line for tickets to this game?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I normally would go, but with the bad weather expected I'm going to watch in on TV (CST) if they play at all.
But If we were 37-4 I'd go in a hurricane.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Being pounded yet again by LSU does not make one eager to attend tomorrow's contest.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU has won 9 of the last 11
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU game Notes:
RH Kurt McCune (3-0, 2.25 ERA, 8 IP, 6 SO/2 BB, .233 opp. BA) to start, then Johnny Wholestaff
Mason Katz and Ralph Rhymes to flip in batting order
JaCoby Jones may not start tomorrow
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Tulane could play it's best game of the year tomorrow and still lose.
JDTulane
Riptide

i'm going to the game if it doesnt rain, have 4 tix, and never heard of this. wouldnt have gone anyway.

the game is standing room only now and 99% tigers likely.

Don't worry. I'll be there rain or shine till the bottom of the 8th (you know, after we forfeit)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:i'm going to the game if it doesnt rain, have 4 tix, and never heard of this. wouldnt have gone anyway.

Don't worry. I'll be there rain or shine till the bottom of the 8th (you know, after we forfeit)
You'll be there thru the 9th.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like the rain Wed.
Last edited by tpstulane on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:i'm going to the game if it doesnt rain, have 4 tix, and never heard of this. wouldnt have gone anyway.

like last game?
Green Wave
Swell

That's not the only thing that might be called off. :evil:
ROLL WAVE!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Green Wave wrote:That's not the only thing that might be called off. :evil:
The rain will be gone by noon in BR.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

like last game?
Told ya. Final sucked though.

How'd your friend do?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JDTulane
Riptide

winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

like last game?

How'd your friend do?

They made the bike in 4 hours and marathon in 4. I would say overall great success. I'll post pics later! :) Raised good money/local awareness and a lot of people came out to run/bike with them at parts or offer food n <3 spots along way.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
winwave wrote:

like last game?

How'd your friend do?

They made the bike in 4 hours and marathon in 4. I would say overall great success. I'll post pics later! :) Raised good money/local awareness and a lot of people came out to run/bike with them at parts or offer food n <3 spots along way.
Good to hear.
wavefan03
Surge

IM42lane wrote:

Roll Wave!

Ashley

Ashley Perkins
Tulane University
504-314-2972 “

I never heard of this. I would have seriously considered attending.

Our athletic/alumni department is horrible. They should have emailed the New Orleans alumni, and why not post a link to this board?

There were maybe a dozen wave fans at the game. Whoever the group was at the 3rd base / left field line yelling the hullabaloo when we went up that was me in right field yelling back. LSU's crowd was tame I didn't get one negative comment.
JDTulane
Riptide

wavefan03 wrote:There were maybe a dozen wave fans at the game. Whoever the group was at the 3rd base / left field line yelling the hullabaloo when we went up that was me in right field yelling back. LSU's crowd was tame I didn't get one negative comment.

There were 4 of us in my section and about 10 in the one below us. I saw probably about 100 of us but you could tell the air was let out of everyone and they didn't care anymore.

Glad you heard us and glad you yelled it back :mrgreen: The only heckling I got was

"SIT DOWN N SHUT UP"
and
"YOU MIGHT BE WINNING BUT WE'RE STILL LSU AND YOU'RE STILL TULANE"

I half laughed.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

CowDick have taken all the fun out of Tulane athletics.

At least we participated last night.
Wave755
Tsunami

JDTulane wrote:
wavefan03 wrote:There were maybe a dozen wave fans at the game. Whoever the group was at the 3rd base / left field line yelling the hullabaloo when we went up that was me in right field yelling back. LSU's crowd was tame I didn't get one negative comment.

There were 4 of us in my section and about 10 in the one below us. I saw probably about 100 of us but you could tell the air was let out of everyone and they didn't care anymore.

Glad you heard us and glad you yelled it back :mrgreen: The only heckling I got was

"SIT DOWN N SHUT UP"
and

I half laughed.
The Lsu website shows "actual attendance" of only 4,522, their place was less than half full last night. The Tulane-Lsu baseball rivalry, like for football, is essentially dead for now (we are now viewed as almost a "Nichols State" for their schedule).
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:
JDTulane wrote:

"SIT DOWN N SHUT UP"
and

I half laughed.
The Lsu website shows "actual attendance" of only 4,522, their place was less than half full last night. The Tulane-Lsu baseball rivalry, like for football, is essentially dead for now (we are now viewed as almost a "Nichols State" for their schedule).
And to think of how things were for the Superregional in 2001.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:
JDTulane wrote:

"SIT DOWN N SHUT UP"
and

I half laughed.
The Nichols State Wed game had 4,775 actual butts in the seats.