Rice Series Predictions?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

I think we will win one of the three games. No excuses. No NCAA for TU AGAIN Near bottom in lowly CUSA. Who agrees with me or thinks I am wrong? WHY?

sader24
Tsunami

I think Rick Jones has lost it, talked to a few people lately that think he's cracked. I know he was sending Tulane Police officers to LSu tailgates before the baseball game and telling them that Coach Jones said they have to take their LSU flag down and move their tailgate off of private property. Not sure why the head coach should be handing down ridiculous requests to Tulane Police Officers before a game. I know some of his former players think he's lost it as well. Honestly, I'm not around Tulane Baseball enough anymore to really give a good opinion on it, but that's what I've heard. I don't doubt you have a point Johnathan, but the way you write makes me think its purely personal and most people aren't going to respond well to people with a personal agenda. Anytime you're writing in a way that makes people that probably agree with you disagree you need to change the way you do it. Just a suggestion. Also, you can't give Toledo a pass and crucify Jones, their successes at Tulane are not even in the same stratosphere. Hopefully the team fights its way back into the Regionals and all of this is moot. We also can't deny the fact that if we hadn't had the injuries we'd probably be in the top 25 and fighting a slim chance at a regional host. I have a pretty good feeling that if Jones steps down they'll probably give the job to Sutter. I'm not sure that's good or bad, but I think right now the team would probably be better off if Sutter was running the show without Jones driving everyone crazy. Then again, this is all purely speculation on my part.
rollinggreen
High Tide

after seeing the ERA's of the Rice Starters, I wonder if we will score a run this weekend. Sorry, I predict an easy sweep by Rice. Hope I am wrong but or hitting (or lack there of) versus the Rice pitching staff does not bode well.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

enjoy the crawfish boil !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
rollinggreen
High Tide

Now Facundus is out with arm trouble. This coaching and training staff need to be investigated. This is not a coincidence.
Jonathan
Riptide

What is the batting average of tulane and how does that batting average rank in cusa
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

rollinggreen wrote:Now Facundus is out with arm trouble. This coaching and training staff need to be investigated. This is not a coincidence.
Not privy to The Wave Report, but if that is true, then I absolutely agree. Something ain't right.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Pepper
Swell

I do believe we will get swept. Everything is in their favor, better team, better talent, injury free and playing at home. But I am hoping we do salvage one of the 3. It's baseball so who knows.
Sader, I'm not sure about Jones and the flag deal. I was sitting with some LSU and Tulane friends and they had their flag flying and I didnt see anyone from TUPD asking for flags to be taken down.
I also didn't hear about any more injuries to the staff but I agree if that is the case, a thorough investigation needs to take place.
I am in the camp of letting the season play out and letting RJ become the AD. He's an effective fundraiser and a great ambassador for the University. I think we would be in good hands with Sutter if it came to that although I would like to see Joe Scheurman or Brian Cleary get a shot.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
rollinggreen
High Tide

It was reported on the sports hangover show on 690 am today.
RWR
Swell

It's true about the flag situation. I witnessed it.

As for RJ being AD-1) it won't happen b/c RD can't get a job anywhere else. 2) Hope it doesn't happen. He's made a good living off of Tulane and was given all the resources necessary to win a NC so Tulane owes him nothing. He won't give a rat's behind about what the fans want. We still don't have a covered grandstand b/c of silly things he wanted like those gates he closes and shuts off access for fans.

As for coaches Kingston would be at the top followed by Cleary.
sader24
Tsunami

I talked to the guy whose flag they told to take down at the game, I'm good friends with his son and he came to meet us after our softball game and we were talking about Tulane and LSU and he told me the story. He's a pretty well known LSU fan. I don't particularly care either way and neither did he but I think it's crazy that our head coach is worried about that before a big game.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Already scored one more run than I thought they could score all weekend! :roll: Predicting Tulane sports is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Jonathan
Riptide

I have no personal agenda Never met coach Jones just pissed for the last three or four years the downward path he has taken a once great program in poor recruiting coaching assistant hires hitting no close of great left hand pitching etc etc tired of his many poor excuses
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jonathan wrote:I have no personal agenda Never met coach Jones just pissed for the last three or four years the downward path he has taken a once great program in poor recruiting coaching assistant hires hitting no close of great left hand pitching etc etc tired of his many poor excuses
I don't post that often, but I read all the posts on here, and it sure SOUNDS like you have a personal agenda. I've noticed a decline in posts on here the last few weeks, while the "other" site moves steadily on. I think a lot of people are getting tired of your negativity and rants. I know I'm sick of it.

Keep in mind, after the 2005 season, we lost a number of players to the pros, followed by an entire recruiting class lost to Katrina. Add to that another good recruiting class that signed pro out of high school, and you've got problems. In addition, how many potential signees weren't allowed to sign with Tulane because their parents may not have wanted them to come to New Orleans. You can't expect to go out and sign 25 5-star athletes in one season to get back to where we were. You can't compare us to other programs. There's no other program out there that went through what we did, except UNO, and look where they are.

At this writing, we have won game two of the Rice series, 7-4. We were in the first game until a 2 run 8th. We've hit the ball well the last 10 days. Given the injuries to the pitching staff, I'm satisfied with our competitiveness. In fact, the fact we are still competitive in spite of losing, 4 starters, our closer, and several others tells me our talent is actually pretty deep. So whats your problem?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JTLiuzza
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:I've noticed a decline in posts on here the last few weeks, while the "other" site moves steadily on.
Well, if quantity is your thing, bob...

Tell me, in all the many posts you've read there, anything interesting? Or just the same old homogeneous, recycled, "approved" bullcrap?

The price of open discussion is that sometimes you have to tolerate a rant or two, or *gasp* an opinion you might not agree with.

The price of sterile censorship is that all you get is what you want to hear. Weak.

Back to the echo chamber.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
RWR
Swell

Guys- as I have said jonathan/fogelman is a flamer and he's sitting there in his purple and gold laughing his butt off. Just ignore his post and he'll be gone.
Jonathan
Riptide

I was correct with my initial prediction
1-2 I I am glad that I can give my opinion on tu baseball on Steve's board the last few posters do not like opposing opinions lsu you are funny maybe the neo Nazi Ye olde board with no opposing views would be better for you two
sader24
Tsunami

Losing 5 pitchers to arm injuries in one season is strange. Its 6 years after Katrina, can't keep using Katrina as an excuse.
Jonathan
Riptide

Rice 11 tu 1. 10 run rule. This week 3 games lost one win. No ncaa again bottom of cusa
No