Thanks for setting up this board.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

I would take a guess that many of us over here were run off YOGWF because we dared to "fight city hall" (i.e. the Scott Cowen & Rick Dickson athletic dept.). I hope that this turns into a good alternative for us.

I do not want to really get into shouting matches over here with anyone. I just want Tulane to WIN CONSISTENTLY by getting the right people into the right places. Cowen and Dickson over the years have never shown that they have that ability.

Also, I will never forget the 2003 attempt to downgrade Tulane football to Div. 3 (which would have translated into no football at all - how can you have a decent football team with no athletic scholarships). We all know that Cowen was behind all of that, and he has had my scorn ever since.

ROLL GREEN WAVE (in Div ONE) ! ! !

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pete... I was playing Golf with two Texas coaches and they told me Tulane had sent a letter stating an Athletic dept review was going to take place and it may drop it's Football program ...advising Texas that the home and home series may have to be cancelled and Texas should begin finding a replacement for the dates of the contract...Since I was very involved with the Tulane athletic dept during the Brown and Davis era's I called the Athletic Dept directly and spoke to three people, all of which said they knew nothing of a review.. the letter from Tulane was produced and was signed by Cowen...not Dickson and was not written on Athletic dept stationary and was delivered by FedEx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

IM42lane wrote:I would take a guess that many of us over here were run off YOGWF because we dared to "fight city hall" (i.e. the Scott Cowen & Rick Dickson athletic dept.). I hope that this turns into a good alternative for us.

I do not want to really get into shouting matches over here with anyone. I just want Tulane to WIN CONSISTENTLY by getting the right people into the right places. Cowen and Dickson over the years have never shown that they have that ability.

Also, I will never forget the 2003 attempt to downgrade Tulane football to Div. 3 (which would have translated into no football at all - how can you have a decent football team with no athletic scholarships). We all know that Cowen was behind all of that, and he has had my scorn ever since.

ROLL GREEN WAVE (in Div ONE) ! ! !
I also will never forget the 2003 mess, coming off the Hawaii Bowl Victory and not far removed from the Undefeated Season.
My family and I were going through some VERY rough times but my late wife and I loved TU so much that we protested in front of Gibson Hall, waiving signs to the St. Charles Ave. traffic.

To this day it STILL amazes me how the Administration would do this. You tell me what other school in the US would do this.

WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN OR EVEN GET CLOSE TO HAPPENING. I don't have the answers other than just keep talking about it. If the fans continue to accept these type of things then they will happen. It is just like raising a child. They will try to push and get away with whatever they can as long as the parents let them!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
cdozer
Ripple

hello everyone. I too am a yogwf cast out. Its good to find a place to speak and hear the truth.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

cdozer wrote:hello everyone. I too am a yogwf cast out. Its good to find a place to speak and hear the truth.
Welcome cdozer, and Roll Wave!
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)