Press Conference at 2:30 today

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Highwave
Low Tide

Aresco publicly recognizes same problems everyone but TU sees. Is this commonplace for conference CEOs now?

Mike Aresco (@TheAmerican_AAC)
4/5/13, 10:01 PM
It's hard to be optimistic about Tulane's situation. Ed Conroy has about 5 months to replace 6 players. There has to be MORE to this story.

4/5/13, 10:12 PM
Six players transferring...there must be a reason, and Tulane needs to get some answers before they can "recover" cbssports.com/collegebasketb…

tnelly15
Riptide

Saw that too, but that account isn't verified so its probably not really Aresco.
swampnik
Surge

Holding back two scholarships for Cherry and Davis just in case, seems like the right way to go at least.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed Daniels asked EC if Alabama tampered with Tarrant would Tulane turn them in?
EC replied he hadn't thought about that yet.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Just watched the video of the whole press conference. It appears Conroy had trouble keeping a straight face when discussing his returning players.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This is what's left of the current roster....
Standing:
Kevin Thomas (reserve that hardly played in 2013)
Tomas Bruha (injured most of 2013)
Jay Hook (reserve)

Sitting:
Kajon Mack (reserve)
Lou Dabney (reserve that looks excited to be here)
Max Keenan (reserve walk-on that hardly played in 2013)

Not Pictured at PC:
Josh Birthfield (reserve that hardly played in 2013)
Tre Drye (part time starter)

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wow, look at the excitement, the enthusiasm! Want to bet they were told to be there!
Tulane athletics= total, phony dog and pony show. Smoke and mirrors. They must take us all
for a bunch of complete yokals, fools. I am betting more leave and if they do, good luck to them.
I would not hang around with imbeciles running this university into a national laughing-stock!
And doesn't it just figure that there has to be a picture of the old gas-bag himself in the background.
Last edited by Bigschtick on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote:Wow, look at the excitement, the enthusiasm! Want to bet they were told to be there!
Tulane athletics= total, phony dog and pony show. Smoke and mirrors. They must take us all
for a bunch of complete yokals, fools. I am betting more leave and if they do, good luck to them.
I would not hang around with imbeciles running this university into a national laughing-stock!
Going to be brutual in 2013-2014. Maybe single digit wins....
Bigschtick
Riptide

Highwave wrote:Aresco publicly recognizes same problems everyone but TU sees. Is this commonplace for conference CEOs now?

4/5/13, 10:01 PM
It's hard to be optimistic about Tulane's situation. Ed Conroy has about 5 months to replace 6 players. There has to be MORE to this story.

4/5/13, 10:12 PM
Six players transferring...there must be a reason, and Tulane needs to get some answers before they can "recover" cbssports.com/collegebasketb…

The answers and solutions are quite simple. Someone needs to show Dickson and Conroy the door and push gasbag out right
afterwards.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tnelly15
Riptide

If Dabney wants to live up to the hype Conroy gave him yesterday and even some of our fans are giving him he better be 100% healthier than he was this season. Because watching him with the ball in his hands was tough and his shooting percentages confirm that.
Wavetime
Swell

I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama did tinker. Good luck to Ricky but if you ont wnt to be here then we don't want ou her.

Does anyone really know hat Conroy did, if anything?
wavedat
Swell

Wavetime wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama did tinker. Good luck to Ricky but if you ont wnt to be here then we don't want ou her.

Does anyone really know hat Conroy did, if anything?
He sucked as a coach and the players know they can't make the NCAA's under him.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
dpm wave
Swell