an IDEA?!?!?!?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If GOTULANE (this website) hosted a Fun (misspelled because I wanted to and it is my post) Raising Golf Tournament...how many people would like to play ?..I know there are several tournaments that benefit Tulane, i have played in all of them at one time or another..but this is the first Tournament that you can say what you want !!!..as n example the 'TULANE GOLF CLASSIC" will be played Monday April 11th...I was not able to play but wanted to support the event with the purchase of a 'Hole" Sign..Tulane was kind enough to take my pay pal payment, but woiuld not allow my sign to read "FIRE COWEN -- HIRE ME" !!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

I would be interested. I have clubs and used to play a lot and actually was not that bad BUT I am sure that now I am not that GOOD!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
IM42lane
Swell

GOLF! Did someone say "GOLF"!

Pick a course somewhere between NOLA & BRLA.

I will also need two weeks to work on my game.

Could we play TWO-person scramble? That's fun. Regular scramble is LAZY GOLF.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
TURVS71
Swell

I can see it now..........

a sign in the new on campus stadium that just simply says....

goTULA.NEt

Ok, just having fun, don't stone me!!! :roll:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

IM4tulane... I am in Austin ( actually Georgetown)Texas...however I will search for a course between NOLA and BR...another open question...is a Saturday ,the best day ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

How about Colonial Country Club in Harahan, la ?..the two courses in LaPlace were not intrested on a Saturday play date
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

A golf tournament is an excellent idea to start calling more offline attention to the ranks of people who are anti-Cowen. I encourage everyone to make that a part of the event.

Maybe someone prints up golf balls with Cowen's picture on them so you can "whack" him for 18 holes?
JTLiuzza
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:Maybe someone prints up golf balls with Cowen's picture on them so you can "whack" him for 18 holes?
:lol: Eeeeeeeexcellent!
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

how about we call it the "A A" scramble..."Anti Administration" golf classic....anyone know Harry Connick, maybe he can host the annual "AA Celebrity Scramble Shootout"..of course Sandra Bullock would be a nice hostess !!!!
sader24
Tsunami

I can't get rid of my baseball swing, I have a horrendous slice. It's pretty frustrating to have been able to hit a moving ball but not one sitting still on a tee. I'd play but by hole 4 I usually resemble Happy Gilmore throwing clubs in lagoons, etc.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sader... I to had the dreaded basball swing for Golf...but it is easily cured...I bet the biggest issues in slicing the ball is your grip...most probably when you grip the club, you have your right thumb pointed straight down the middle of the grip/shaft...I think about 15 minutes on a practice tee with the correct grip and the slice will be gone
IM42lane
Swell

If you got Sandra to show up for that, then there would be NO PROBLEM getting enough participation.

golfnut69 wrote:how about we call it the "A A" scramble..."Anti Administration" golf classic....anyone know Harry Connick, maybe he can host the annual "AA Celebrity Scramble Shootout"..of course Sandra Bullock would be a nice hostess !!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

Practice, practice, and more PRACTICE! That's what it takes.

Tell him to grip a bat with a palm pressure grip, but use a FINGER pressure grip for golf.

And . . . don't forget to PRACTICE!

golfnut69 wrote:Sader... I to had the dreaded basball swing for Golf...but it is easily cured...I bet the biggest issues in slicing the ball is your grip...most probably when you grip the club, you have your right thumb pointed straight down the middle of the grip/shaft...I think about 15 minutes on a practice tee with the correct grip and the slice will be gone
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm down. I can count on one finger how many times I've played golf, so I've got dibs to tee off with Sader.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

we would like 72 Golfers ???? (Players)...we would take up 18 holes shot gun start...cost will depend upon the options of food and beverage we desire...of course maybe we can get Mr Hertz to provide the liquid refreshment !!!! and how much we wish to donate or designate to a particular sport or coach..I am not sure if we should just donate it all to TAF...I am incline to ask a coach for a wish list that we may be able to purchase or help purchase for a particular sport or a donation to a particular find. I am still waiting for Colonial CC to call me...they must be LSU fans !!!!
sader24
Tsunami

What about a "Scott Cowen Hole", we could stand Scott Cowen over the hole like the flag and the closest ball to him wins $100, if you hit him you get to be King of this year's homecoming parade. I'm left handed but I do grip with both thumbs down the middle, how should I be gripping? Should my left thumb cross over?
JTLiuzza
Swell

That's pretty good. We could call it the "Scott Cowen $100 A-Hole." Winner gets $100. The guy who loses gets the "Wins and losses don't matter" trophy, which could be...

On the plaque, a little picture of Scott Cowen (goodness knows there's enough of those floating around) along with the Scott Cowen philosophy of sports management, "Wins and Losses Are Irrelevant"

(If I had photoshop I would have mocked it up. That would be suitable for framing)

The second commandment has not been abrogated.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:we would like 72 Golfers ???? (Players)...we would take up 18 holes shot gun start...cost will depend upon the options of food and beverage we desire...of course maybe we can get Mr Hertz to provide the liquid refreshment !!!! and how much we wish to donate or designate to a particular sport or coach..I am not sure if we should just donate it all to TAF...I am incline to ask a coach for a wish list that we may be able to purchase or help purchase for a particular sport or a donation to a particular find. I am still waiting for Colonial CC to call me...they must be LSU fans !!!!
I would actually make it known that it's a fundraiser and that "we aren't sure where we think the money should go". If this is simply a fundraiser for Tulane athletics, then we are doing Cowen/Dickson's job for them and subsidizing failure to boot.

The point of this should be to call attention to the problem, not subsidize it. My $.02.
TURVS71
Swell

As much as I dislike the administration, I think it would be better to make this a "positive" event.
Just my .02!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote:As much as I dislike the administration, I think it would be better to make this a "positive" event.
Just my .02!
So maybe you get 100 golfers to give $100 and raise $10K.

What does that accomplish other than giving Cowen/Dickson something they can take credit for? The athletic department (and athletic facilities) are underfunded by tens of millions of dollars and suffer from organizational problems. Raising $10K in "support" of their activities is the definition of rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

My thougths on the money raised si that we ask each coach for something they need, we try and raise the money to purchase that item, not a gift to TAF...
sader24
Tsunami

We could buy a really big tent and put it up over the field at night with a sign on it that says, "GoTula.net Indoor Practice Facility".
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

sader24 wrote:We could buy a really big tent and put it up over the field at night with a sign on it that says, "GoTula.net Indoor Practice Facility".
+1
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)