Tulane Baseball AGAIN Last in Lowly CUSA

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

Houston as expected wins series today in our home stadium I joined this forum to express my personal opinions without the alleged neo nazi tactics on JTS's Ye olde Green Wave board where you are deleted if you do not like Chris Scelfo or disagree with him. I have been attacked on this board by two members fr being dumb and a tool.They told other member to ignore me! I would never lower myself to that leve and respect all opinions on this board,

Scott Cowen,our AD, and Rick Jones all need to go. I will give Coach Toledo and basketball coach more time. I have been attacked by these two for not giving credit to TU sports when they win not very often. I have been the first alumnus of TU to praise Coach JT Horton of TU Ladies Golf beng number 1 in nation. These two only acknowledge when infrequently we win and never acknowledge when we loose!

Rick Jones and his TU home boy coaches need to go. We have one possible major league player on our team. our catcher. What happen to the Micah Owings, Jake gauthreau, Andy Cannizaro, Michael Aubrey, Brian Bogusevic or Tommy Manzella. Other than our catcher the rest of the teams sucks!

Where did tnelly15 come from? He has posted negative posts on this forum against our basketball coach. Please identify if you are a TU graduate and why do you attack or respect an opposing opinion to yours so negatively! I do not!

Rick Jones baseball team is dead again this year for the last 4th or 5th year. No NCAA bid. Get rid of Rick and staff. We want Coach Scloss.No more $500,000 a year for nothing!

Since we lost the series at home today to lowly Houston we have three important seris in the next two weeks. I predict in no particular order:

LSU A & M College (yes it is on your diploma) I hate LSU and emotionally predict a win!

Rice and Central Florida Series We will loose both series and win one game

My favorite on Ye Olde Green Wave is FW He was an undergraduate at TU and received his PHD at Florida State. His wife worked all day while he spent all day at Florida State on Ye Olde Green Wave much like Big Money Texas does today! But he is the most intelligent person on the planet on TU baseball. He does not like TU football or basketball. Read his posts. He is great!

sader24
Tsunami

The difference is you haven't been banned or deleted here. You've been allowed to make an a$$ of yourself without inteference. I think if you wrote from a more level-headed place you would find that many people probably agree that Rick Jones is nearing the end of his time here. When you write things that are just outright false you are likely going to be called on it. I have quite a few friends that played over the last decade plus for Rick Jones. I know he is far from Casey Stengel, however he has won alot of games.
Pepper
Swell

The bottom line is you enjoy GLOATING everytime our baseball team loses because of your hatred towards RJ. When we were winning you were in your bunker. This site exist so people like you with an axe to grind can scribble your retarded comments and people like me can refute them.

On another note, we will never be able to recruit those kinds of great players even if Skip Bertman were the coach. The deck is stacked against us by the NCAA but some people fail to see that. I actually think if we can stay injury free, we will be a much deeper club next year. Not giving up this year if we can just hit like how we did in the OM series, we can win most series.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Jonathan
Riptide

I appreciate your civil response in not calling me names. You were hostile but I forgive you! Please tell me what I have said over the last 4 years about Rick's program that is false and what that I have said is true. I gave up on him when he made excuses that he could not compete as a private school against public schools. Yet Coach Schloss at TCU, Miami, Vandy, Stanford etc compete year in and out. They having pitching depth and do no wine like TU Rick this year on pitching injuries. The pitching,hitti and errors are absurd! No great potential major league players other than our catcher. Recruiting has seriouslyly gone downhill as is our poor in breed coaching staff! Have a great day!Thanks
sader24
Tsunami

What I find insane is your willing to give Toledo time who has done absolutely nothing except be down by 1 to LSU at halftime 4 years ago, but you want Jones out ASAP when he has been to many postseasons. When you say stuff like that you lose credibility.
tnelly15
Riptide

Theres a big difference between my "negative" post on Conroy and your negative posts on Rick Jones and staff. First, I made a post after one game against a team that we should have beaten(Rice) and you call out Jones and gloat after every single loss. Also I wasnt calling for Conroy to be fired I just said I wasnt sold on him yet. You on the other hand are here after every loss whining, but are nowhere to be seen when we win. You also lose credibility when you say C-Usa is a bad baseball conference and say Rick Jones and Chad Sutter arent good baseball coaches. Oh, and more respect is lost when you claim to be a Tulane grad, but cant spell and are always making grammatical errors.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Jonathan may be right. Maybe it is time for a coach who can recruit as quite clearly, we do not have the players that can even keep up with the likes of Houston. Very sad.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Green Wave
Swell

Three runs in the last four games. :(
Our hitting must be on spring break.
Hopefully the lumber will be working today.

ROLL WAVE! :mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!
RWR
Swell

On another note, we will never be able to recruit those kinds of great players even if Skip Bertman were the coach. The deck is stacked against us by the NCAA but some people fail to see that. I actually think if we can stay injury free, we will be a much deeper club next year. Not giving up this year if we can just hit like how we did in the OM series, we can win most series.[/quote]

pepper- I have always liked your spunk but this is just excuses. When we lost out on the leg. schollies RJ noted how the school stepped up w/other forms of scholarship money to help. Other schools have figured this outsince the rule changes. There are models to follow. Our model is not working.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RWR wrote: Other schools have figured this outsince the rule changes. There are models to follow. Our model is not working.
That sums up the entire Tulane Athletics policy.
Pepper
Swell

I agree our model sucks. If the University was serious about athletics, they'd find a way to get these players in school and keep them there. And that goes for all sports.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
sader24
Tsunami

Sports are pretty simple. If you commit yourself to winning you usually do. What sucks for us is we have 2 guys leading this university and athletic department who don't even know what real commitment is. They have a press conference and expect everyone to throw a parade because they publically stated they want to win after 12 years. It's like the Chris Rock comedy special when he talks about how some people brag about taking care of their kids and he says, "You're supposed to take care of your kids you low expectation having MF." I mean how delusional are they to have a press conference announcing that they want to win. I thought "wanting to win" was a given. How low is their opinion of us as fans to think we're stupid enough to buy this crap. Did you really drag us down here for this? Not to mention how they talked about baseball and basketball as if both programs are in great shape when they said, "Now it's football's turn."
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Sports are pretty simple. If you commit yourself to winning you usually do. What sucks for us is we have 2 guys leading this university and athletic department who don't even know what real commitment is. They have a press conference and expect everyone to throw a parade because they publically stated they want to win after 12 years. It's like the Chris Rock comedy special when he talks about how some people brag about taking care of their kids and he says, "You're supposed to take care of your kids you low expectation having MF." I mean how delusional are they to have a press conference announcing that they want to win. I thought "wanting to win" was a given. How low is their opinion of us as fans to think we're stupid enough to buy this crap. Did you really drag us down here for this? Not to mention how they talked about baseball and basketball as if both programs are in great shape when they said, "Now it's football's turn."
Tulane's leadership is completely clueless, and yet very few want to say or do anything about it.

Being quiet is being complicit.
IM42lane
Swell

C*USA baseball is NOT a LOWLY baseball league. I take great exception to that remark. Probabaly the top four C*USA teams will qualify for a regional this year. If a lower seed pulls an upset and wins the league tournament, then that number may be five.

Tulane is not playing well at all right now. I know that, and we can all see it. These guys are going to have to find a way to win the next two series and be able to hold it together for the stretch run. I still believe that if the league record is 5-7 or better at the midway point of the conference schedule, then they will be fine. A 4-8 record may be OK, but only if they play "way over their heads" over the last 12 league games.

Baseball is an endurance test. There is still time to right the ship. Let's just see how things stand when the Utah (non-conf.) weekend series rolls around. The ship is leaking, but it is not time yet to abandon ship.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Jonathan
Riptide

I hold the head coach and his assistants responsible for another possible lost season (no NCAA bid). No more excuses from them!(1) "We (private schools like TU) can not compete against public schools. Does anyone know what current private school is presently No. 1 in the nation? VANDY Vandy's academic entrance requirements and academic ranking is much higher than TU. Stanford and TCU (private schools) are not to bad in the Top 25.(2) NCAA rules have changed;we cannot compete. What about Vandy, TCU, Stanford, Miami etctHEY DO YEAR AFTER YEAR. (3) Too many pitchers injured. Top 25 schools have staff to work through this! Our problem as we all know is not pitching but HITTING and defense (errors) NO team speed, need of left hand pitchers, a great closer and more two way great player like Micah, Brian and Aubrey would be nice. Beat LSU A & M and make my week! Would be a great 1000 WIN FOR OUR COACH.
threeputt
High Tide

Beat LSU A & M and make my week! Would be a great 1000 WIN FOR OUR COACH.
I now understand why we have been on a 5 game slide !!! It is all part of RJ's master plan !!!! ;)
tnelly15
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:. (3) Too many pitchers injured. Top 25 schools have staff to work through this!.
You really think top 25 teams can just work through losing 4 of their 5 best pitchers? There is not a single team in the nation with that kind of depth. Lets take the tigers for example a top 25 team. Their top 4 starters account for over 140 innings. The rest of the staff less than 105. That's close to 60% of their innings, no team can account for losing that. I could go further, but if you cant understand how much that can hurt a team then there is no use explaining it to you.
sader24
Tsunami

The pitching problems are excusable, the staff has been totally decimated. What is not excusable or understandable is how an entire team hits for .120-.150 less points batting average wise per person. I've seen individual guys go up and down before, but not an entire team this much.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:...What about Vandy, TCU, Stanford, Miami etctHEY DO YEAR AFTER YEAR. .
Not Vandy. They have never been to a CWS.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Green Wave
Swell

It must be RJ. His years of experience and 999 wins as a College coach have turned him into the .....
ANTI COACH!

Look at his wins 999. All you have to do is flip it and you have 666!!!!!! :twisted:
ROLL WAVE!