Nick Montana

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
sader24
Tsunami

Ed Daniels just reported on Twitter that Nick Montana is joining the Tulane football team. This goes a long way towards fixing the QB situation for the next 2 years. I think we are now looking at a 6-8 win year instead of 3-4.

Ray
Surge

WOW!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wow, CJ is a BEAST!!!! Welcome to NOLA Mr. Montana.

Seriously we could have a top 40 recruiting class, certainly in the top 2-3 of the nBE.
Ray
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote:Wow, CJ is a BEAST!!!! Welcome to NOLA Mr. Montana.

Seriously we could have a top 40 recruiting class, certainly in the top 2-3 of the nBE.
YES!!
JDTulane
Riptide

Told yall so!!!! :)
Bigschtick
Riptide

JDTulane wrote:Told yall so!!!! :)

THIS is great news!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
VanceWGreen
Ripple

This is exciting. And his SAT score must have been pretty solid too, coming from U of Washington.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Per Scout, Montana had offers out of HS from LSU, Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Notre Dame and Stanford. Big pickup.
AugWave
Swell

*nods head* Coach told me we had a shot. I didn't believe him.. I owe him a po-boy. I'll buy him 17!!!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
JDTulane
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:
JDTulane wrote:Told yall so!!!! :)

THIS is great news!

Agreed. We NEEDED him at qb badly
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I will be looking forward to the donation for the new "Joe Montana Suite Level" once the first expansion is done to the OCS.
DrBox
Riptide

We don't need to be hawking papa for money.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:We don't need to be hawking papa for money.
Once his son wins the BE in our first year and is drafted the next year, he will do it out of the goodness of his heart. :)
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Can we get Jerry Rice's kid to transfer from UCLA? Does Roger Craig have a son? :lol:
KsWave
Low Tide

Ray
Surge

Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:Can we get Jerry Rice's kid to transfer from UCLA? Does Roger Craig have a son? :lol:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I Like :!: :!:
OUG
Riptide

This is without a doubt the highest impact player of this year's class, in terms of readiness to make an impact RIGHT NOW in a highly important area of need.

In baseball, the SABRmetricians talk about Wins Above Replacement (WAR) as a key way to measure a player's impact. Of all our recruits, Nick offers the best WAR. If you watched Devin Powell last year in limited action, it should tell you two things: 1) Devin Powell is probably not going to lead a highly productive offense at Tulane in 2013, and 2) You can not rely on a freshman quarterback if you want to win games (Johnny Football not withstanding).

I think Nick takes us from being a 3-9 team next year to potentially being a 7-5 or 8-4 team. The QB position is just so integral in the offense we run. You need a guy with experience, poise, a legitimate arm, and awareness both in the pocket and in terms of downfield vision. He needs to be able to make smart, seasoned, decisions. When teams blitzed Devin Powell, he was a deer in headlights. We just could not make teams pay for giving up the middle of the field. Not Devin's fault, just a young QB. Nick Montana gives us a legitimate, experienced QB and a chance to win any game on next year's lightened C-USA schedule.

This pickup is huge. Bigger than Santa Marina even.
Robert1969
Riptide

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Holy mackerel! I am feeling hopeful about next years' team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another great get and a critical one. WTG CJ and staff.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great work getting this kid!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ray
Surge

tpstulane wrote:Great work getting this kid!
Amazing Work
ExileWave
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Once his son wins the BE in our first year and is drafted the next year, he will do it out of the goodness of his heart. :)
We are not in the BE until 2014, and he will be a Junior next season. One good season and he could be in the draft before we enter the Big East. Next season is his 4th in college, and he is not getting younger. Probably saw our schedule, likes the offense, and figures he can have a good enough year to raise his draft stock.

Great recruiting by CJ- maybe the $$s HAVE been released by the Admin ;) .....just kidding.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

This is crazy. Awesomeness!
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
greenphantom
Swell

ExileWave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
We are not in the BE until 2014, and he will be a Junior next season. One good season and he could be in the draft before we enter the Big East. Next season is his 4th in college, and he is not getting younger. Probably saw our schedule, likes the offense, and figures he can have a good enough year to raise his draft stock.

Great recruiting by CJ- maybe the $$s HAVE been released by the Admin ;) .....just kidding.
This is great news but let's not get carried away. He's only started 1 D-1 game.