Check THIS out!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
AugWave
Swell

I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
galvezwave
Swell

bad ass! they need to save that for a big game.
OUG
Riptide

Love that non-glossy look when its in black. Almost looks like slate, like a chalk board. You pair that with Black jerseys with white numbers and green trim, "STATE OF TULANE" across the back where the name plate is, and white pants, you are official. Where them during our biggest non-homecoming recruiting weekend of the year. Could also maybe put "504" in small numbers on the back of the helmet, towards the bottom. The local recruits would go nuts for those uniforms.

Ahem, no surprise that they got all these cool helmets out for official visit weekend. This is the new trend in recruiting.

For other uniforms, I like the retro helmet look on homecoming, and our current unis the rest of the year. The all-whites are awesome.
AugWave
Swell

I would love to see some all blacks with green trim. That would be MEEEAAAAN!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Eaglewave
Swell

A freakin beast! I have waited for the Wave to rock that black for a long time. I want to see all black with olive and blue trim. They need to wear these helmets in the first game.
Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Looks like a whole basket full of goodies, there. I note that the sky blue helmet has a white T, rather than the green T that the earlier sky blue helmet had. It will be interesting to see what unis we eventually roll out next year.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
TURVS71
Swell

Really like the flat black. Don't like the blue. Too much blue and we are the GREEN Wave. Blue stripes on the green jersey and white and green pants and black pants. No black jerseys as we should stick with white and green. Would like to see "Tulane" on the helmet, and "Green Wave" on the front of the Jersey over the numbers ( where the "Tulane" is now ). Also would like to bring back the little "T" on the helmet for good plays or recognition.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Love it!

I'd also like to see a glossy black, with the green-trimmed T such as on the blue helmet. Don't like a powder blue helmet, though.

I, too, would like to see them bring back the mini logo stickers for outstanding plays.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote:Really like the flat black. Don't like the blue.
+1
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DrBox
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:
+1
+2
OUG
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote:Really like the flat black. Don't like the blue. Too much blue and we are the GREEN Wave. Blue stripes on the green jersey and white and green pants and black pants. No black jerseys as we should stick with white and green. Would like to see "Tulane" on the helmet, and "Green Wave" on the front of the Jersey over the numbers ( where the "Tulane" is now ). Also would like to bring back the little "T" on the helmet for good plays or recognition.
I don't know why we would rock a black helmet without having either jerseys or pants in black to go with it. Would look silly.

I know black isn't a school color, but neither is white. I think having a black "look" for a big game every now and then is what kids these days want. It isn't traditional, but thats what the other 8-10 games are for. Let me put it this way: We haven't beaten Houston in the longest time. We've been embarassed by them time and time again -- humiliated even. Let's say next year we improve and go 7-5 and then the following year we play UH at Yulman with a damn good shot at them for the first time in a long time. You unveil those black uniforms in the locker room before the game, and say... "like these? Go out and show no mercy today and earn the chance to wear them again." How geeked up do you think those guys would be?

I'm not saying we should become Oregon or anything, but we need to get edgier and meaner, and we need to change our perception in the New Orleans community.
AugWave
Swell

OUG GETS IT!!! *RAMS HEAD INTO WALL*
51WaveBG
High Tide

It appears to me that this is more than just a different look on the helmets and uniforms. It is my belief that this is a part of changing to a "winning" mentality from the past "field a team and hang on" mentality. The coaching staff wants future TU football teams to buy into the knowledge that they are TU's football future. I am more encouraged with what I have seen in the past 12 months than I have been in a long time. Don't know and can't speculate what the 2013 season will bring. but it is my belief that we will see a team that executes well, plays with fire and intensity and does what it takes to win!
OUG
Riptide

This is kind of OT, but I agree entirely 51. Look at the guys we are bringing in... targeting all the Curtis guys, recruiting an undersized kid like Marley that is the son of a national champion and just went to a state championship at the highest level in FL, recruiting leaders like Lyn Clark, Tanner Lee, etc. They're all winners. Its an attitude change.

Another thing I'll point out is that CJ's training wheels are now off as a head coach. Being a HC was a completely new experience to him and it showed in year one. Hell, we all remember the presser when he was annouced and he was like a deer in headlights. He got a lot better at dealing with the media and a lot more comfortable by seasons end. He got better as a head coach and gained confidence. When you factor that he has gone through the Devon Walker situation, the city council IZD fight, etc -- he has had to do a lot of stuff that only HC's have to face. I think he's growing into the job and is going to be more confident and more willing to take risks and make changes at Tulane in the future. He wants to win and knows what needs to be done. Its nice to have SOMEONE working at Tulane that is not just looking to pick up their paycheck.
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

msdos
Swell

CoachBrockhoff wrote:Image
that's awful
Eaglewave
Swell

AugWave wrote:OUG GETS IT!!! *RAMS HEAD INTO WALL*
Yes! OUG understands the new era!
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

CoachBrockhoff wrote:Image
I love it. I think the blue helmet with blue letters trimmed with green would go great with this also. As OUG said, you have 8 to 10 other games to wear other uniforms. Some of you need to get with the times. Students and fans love to see different styles of uniforms in this era. I just hope we can put some wins behind these new uniforms.
Ball Sumrall!
JDTulane
Riptide

DrBox wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:
+1
+2
+3.

It looks soft.
wavedat
Swell

It is unbelievable how some want to take a model helmet and declare that it's a clear sign that Tulane is putting more money into athletics. Giving cover to this athletic department just helps them continue to drive Tulane athletics further down the hole.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
JDTulane
Riptide

Or we just think they're cool and glad Tulane has someone working on this kind of stuff at all?
OUG
Riptide

wavedat wrote:It is unbelievable how some want to take a model helmet and declare that it's a clear sign that Tulane is putting more money into athletics. Giving cover to this athletic department just helps them continue to drive Tulane athletics further down the hole.
Who said it was representative of Tulane putting more money into athletics?
Eaglewave
Swell

Boy boy boy. Good old Wavedat.
Ball Sumrall!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

wavedat wrote:It is unbelievable how some want to take a model helmet and declare that it's a clear sign that Tulane is putting more money into athletics. Giving cover to this athletic department just helps them continue to drive Tulane athletics further down the hole.
What a moronic, idiotic, childish, stupid, immature thing to post. You are truly a sick individual that some how must of gotten burned PERSONALLY or perceive some personal vendetta against Tulane . All people are doing is commenting on the color of helmets and the way it MAY look on the field.
Geeze, I'll bet you have this morning already kicked a puppy and at Christmas time went down to a department store and punched an elf. You better be happy that this is a "no censor or delete" forum! You are one piece of "work!"
wavedat
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote:
What a moronic, idiotic, childish, stupid, immature thing to post. You are truly a sick individual that some how must of gotten burned PERSONALLY or perceive some personal vendetta against Tulane . All people are doing is commenting on the color of helmets and the way it MAY look on the field.
Geeze, I'll bet you have this morning already kicked a puppy and at Christmas time went down to a department store and punched an elf. You better be happy that this is a "no censor or delete" forum! You are one piece of "work!"
Dude you need help w/that anger problem. There is a similar thread on the other site and honestly most read both boards. Just figured everyone here knew who I was referring to. The thread here has been very sensible.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.