Excellent profile of Josh Davis by Tammy

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Green Wave
Swell

Wow! Josh's free throw shooting improvement is amazing.

In the off-season, the staff broke down his shooting motion – particularly the foul shots – and smoothed out the pre-release form. Instead of making the free throw a two-part motion, he made it one – something that gave his shot fluidity and arc. The result was dramatic – he shoots 75 percent from the foul line now and 50 percent from the floor. Last season he made only 42 percent of his field goals.
ROLL WAVE!
sader24
Tsunami

Green Wave wrote:Wow! Josh's free throw shooting improvement is amazing.

In the off-season, the staff broke down his shooting motion – particularly the foul shots – and smoothed out the pre-release form. Instead of making the free throw a two-part motion, he made it one – something that gave his shot fluidity and arc. The result was dramatic – he shoots 75 percent from the foul line now and 50 percent from the floor. Last season he made only 42 percent of his field goals.
Switching a guy from a 2 part motion to a one part motion takes about 15 minutes.
tnelly15
Riptide

While we're on the subject of Davis shooting I've been wondering why he hasn't taken more 3s. He was 10-27 last season not great but not bad either and often times teams are daring him to shoot it. He's 1-2 from 3 this year.
Green Wave
Swell

sader24 wrote:
Green Wave wrote:Wow! Josh's free throw shooting improvement is amazing.

Switching a guy from a 2 part motion to a one part motion takes about 15 minutes.
Kewl.

Whatever happened it worked for Mr. Davis!

2012-13 75% of his free throws

2011-12 54.3% of his free throws

ROLL WAVE!
ROLL WAVE!
sader24
Tsunami

I'm thinking they did alot more with his motion than changing from 1 part to 2 part. Not shi%%ing on the coaching staff, just saying there was likely alot more to it than just that.
KsWave
Low Tide

sader24 wrote:I'm thinking they did alot more with his motion than changing from 1 part to 2 part. Not shi%%ing on the coaching staff, just saying there was likely alot more to it than just that.
I think it's one thing to tell a guy how to shoot differently. It's quite another for him to practice enough that it becomes his second nature and shows such a vast improvement.

While the initial coaching may not have taken long, I'm sure Josh put in hours getting it down...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'm going to cancel my TP print edition. This Josh Davis article should have been on the front page with an accompanying story on Tim Floyd coming to town for the CUSA opening game.
Instead we get the 100th front page article on the "Dummy Badger" we don't care............ http://tarttent.blogspot.com/2012/08/th ... -care.html
Why not Ryan Perrioux? TP SUCKS!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: TP SUCKS!
+1
They missed out on a chance to showcast what should be a great game.