Pressure on the Athletic Department

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

It's been a couple of days since the "meeting." I believe that comments and opinions on forums and emails to Rick Dickson have had an effect. Rick Dickson seemed "irritated" and perhaps it is a direct result of our emails (mine included) that have done this.

While it is not our intention to "pick" on anyone, it is definitely our intention, as fans, to make our thoughts and feelings known in a direct, honest and respectful manner.

Keep it up because it is only by voicing our opinions that they will get the message. Now, more than ever, we need to be heard.

It is my belief that ONCE ground breaks on a stadium that the attitude and faith of the fan base will begin to be restored. Until such time, it is only words and the pressure needs to remain steady.

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
JTLiuzza
Swell

Agree. Sitting back, waiting patiently, and sending checks has only had the effect of making those in charge comfortable with the sorry status quo.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

If this "Playbook" is a first step in a PROCESS, then this is actually a great start.

However, if Cowen & Dickson do not follow up with anything definite, then this plan will not be worth the paper that it is printed on.

Again, this must ONLY BE A START! Subsequent action has got to happen for this to mean anything!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
sader24
Tsunami

I don't believe Cowen and Dickson have the slightest clue as to how to build a strong Division 1 football program. I wouldn't trust two guys who have never built a house before to build my house. I think this is the biggest issue, when LSU decided in 99 to win they didn't have bumbling idiots trying to figure it out. They decided to pony up the money and find a head coach who knew what to do and they found one in Nick Saban. They paid him and then asked him what he needed to be successful and went out and got it. We've got 2 morons asking former lettermen from one of the most pitiful programs in America to figure out how to win. I'm guessing most of these lettermen are from the early 70's, Roch Hontas, and 97-98. How many on the "Special Team" are coordinators or Head Coaches for successful BCS teams today?? How many know what it takes to get it done today? From what I can gather the closest is maybe Jeff Curtis and is he on a Nick Saban level? No disrespect intended. I played basketball my whole life till I was 18. When I went to college I fell out of touch with it. I'm 28 now and thinking about getting into coaching basketball and I've recently in the last 2 months started studying and learning the game again. Guess what? It's alot different now than it was 10 years ago, from a terminology, scheme, coaching, teaching, organizational standpoint. The game evolves. How much has building a successful football program in the South evolved since Lindy Infante and Roch Hontas??