Will Toledo at least adopt an offense . . .

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

which is more like the one we had in 1997-1998? TU can not win by running an offense which has no imagination to it at all. Tulane just does not have the personnel to pound on an opponent each game.

Can he put together a defense which could possibly hold a team to below 30 points/game most of the year? I mean, . . . look, . . . just give me that! Having to outscore teams like Tulsa, Houston, and others who put up 40, 50, and more points per game is impossible to overcome.

I am just rambling here, hoping that something will turn for the better in 2011.

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

It will be interesting to see what offensive scheme we have in place in the first few games next year. We'll know right away if we'll be on our way to 7 wins.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RWR
Swell

Steve I'm sure you didn't mean it this way but please don't fall into the trap that 7 wins and bowl eligibility will be a success. Look at that schedule. We should expect and demand a lot more than 7.

BTW,the x-mas lights are a nice touch.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RWR wrote:Steve I'm sure you didn't mean it this way but please don't fall into the trap that 7 wins and bowl eligibility will be a success. Look at that schedule. We should expect and demand a lot more than 7.

BTW,the x-mas lights are a nice touch.
No way, I think 9 wins should be the minimum. I don't want to be in the New Orleans bowl. I just think that the 1st couple of games will give us our answer right away to where we are headed. Or maybe not, since we always start off better than we finish. Who knows, it hurts my head to think about it.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bigschtick
Riptide

In answer to your question, "will the rain in Spain stay mainly in the plain"?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!