The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tulane's final ranking in USA Today's fbs poll, 117. I am not pointing the finger at this coaching staff, but when will the AD be held responsible?

ajcalhoun
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:Tulane's final ranking in USA Today's fbs poll, 117. I am not pointing the finger at this coaching staff, but when will the AD be held responsible?
At least he's not the bonehead from Louisiana Tech.
God Bless Everyone!
IM42lane
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:Tulane's final ranking in USA Today's fbs poll, 117. I am not pointing the finger at this coaching staff, but when will the AD be held responsible?
At least he's not the bonehead from Louisiana Tech.
ONLY because Dickson did not have to make a similar quick decision this time. As I understand it, the LT AD was hopeful of an invite to the Dallas Classic (or whatever they call that bowl that is now held in the old Cotton Bowl stadium now) or the Liberty Bowl. He gambled and lost. Tech only lost to Texas A&M 59-57 this year (at Independence Stadium). La Tech would have made an entertaining entry into any bowl game. Too bad.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
sader24
Tsunami

The problem is he was gambling with something that wasn't his to gamble. He doesn't own the Athletic Department, he runs it. He cost the University exposure, cost the football staff an extra month in practice time and cost his student athletes (especially the seniors) and oppurtunity to play in a bowl game. All in all he screwed up on a massive level and should be fired.
Ray
Surge

sader24 wrote:The problem is he was gambling with something that wasn't his to gamble. He doesn't own the Athletic Department, he runs it. He cost the University exposure, cost the football staff an extra month in practice time and cost his student athletes (especially the seniors) and oppurtunity to play in a bowl game. All in all he screwed up on a massive level and should be fired.
YES on all points.
IM42lane
Swell

Ray wrote:
sader24 wrote:The problem is he was gambling with something that wasn't his to gamble. He doesn't own the Athletic Department, he runs it. He cost the University exposure, cost the football staff an extra month in practice time and cost his student athletes (especially the seniors) and oppurtunity to play in a bowl game. All in all he screwed up on a massive level and should be fired.
YES on all points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--lou ... 53941.html
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

+1
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

He is genetically related to R D!!!!
AugWave
Swell

Now THAT'S how you shaft your school!! :lol: Yes! For all that shit their fans talk, acting like they're LSU or something...

Those seniors though. :|

I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I have no idea what this quote is referring to, it sounds like such a pretentious statement that lacks depth? This has nothing to do with ownership or even ego in my mind. The guy thought LaTech deserved better (frankly I tend to agree) but the individual bowls clearly did not agree + the AD did not appreciate the bowl landscape and how quickly things move. This is a manager making a poor decision and has nothing to do with "ownership". Gambling......no he was doing his job, quit unsuccessfully I might add, but he thought he was doing right by LaTech and he is paid to make decisions not to just take whatever he is offered. This was a huge miscalculation and a firing would be justified but at the same time his management has also resulted in a move up in conference and a top25 FBall program (at least for 2012). My point, obviously he does not own LaTech athletics but he is paid to make decisions on their behalf, in this case he made a poor one, end of story.
Eaglewave
Swell

True, but he really didn't want to face ULM.
Ball Sumrall!
sader24
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:
I have no idea what this quote is referring to, it sounds like such a pretentious statement that lacks depth? This has nothing to do with ownership or even ego in my mind. The guy thought LaTech deserved better (frankly I tend to agree) but the individual bowls clearly did not agree + the AD did not appreciate the bowl landscape and how quickly things move. This is a manager making a poor decision and has nothing to do with "ownership". Gambling......no he was doing his job, quit unsuccessfully I might add, but he thought he was doing right by LaTech and he is paid to make decisions not to just take whatever he is offered. This was a huge miscalculation and a firing would be justified but at the same time his management has also resulted in a move up in conference and a top25 FBall program (at least for 2012). My point, obviously he does not own LaTech athletics but he is paid to make decisions on their behalf, in this case he made a poor one, end of story.
You just bashed my statement and then went on to agree with everything I had to say. You do realize he cost his staff an extra month of football practice right? You took ownership out of context, I'm not saying he thinks he owns it, what I'm saying is that his job is to do right by the football program even if that means taking a lesser bowl. As an AD he has to have a much better grasp on the situation with the Bowls than he obviously did. He gambled that he would get a better bowl even though at the time he didnt realize he was gambling b/c he thought they were a lock no matter what which goes to show that he is incompetent and out of touch. HE IS PAID TO MAKE SURE A 9-3 TEAM WITH THE BEST OFFENSE IN THE COUNTRY GOES TO A BOWL GAME. They didnt. So he shouldn't get paid anymore.