Dickson Upcoming "Live Chat"

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

October 12, 2012

Dear Green Wave Fans,

Next week I am trying out a new way to communicate with you. On Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 6 p.m. I will be answering questions via live chat. Those of you who are unable to join us online at that time can email questions to me through Wave Chat and I will answer them along with the questions that are asked that evening. You can access the live chat here: http://tulane.edu/athletics/live-chat-w ... ickson.cfm We will post a transcript of all the questions and answers by Friday, Oct. 19 on this site.

Last Saturday our football team had another tough outing, falling to ULL in Lafayette. Tomorrow at noon we take on SMU's Mustangs with Ryan Griffin at quarterback. With both Griff and Orleans Darkwa back I look for improved production from our offense. I hope a lot of you will be at the game or listening to the action. We are a young team that is showing progress every week and your support means the world to them.

Basketball has started practicing, and this looks to be a good year for both teams. Lisa Stockton's group has gotten the nod from other C-USA coaches as the team to beat. With Ed Conroy starting his third year with a core group of veteran players (two returning from injury), along with two solid recruiting classes, his team has its deepest roster in many years.

Also, don't forget to register for the Helluva Hullabaloo slated for Friday, Nov. 2. You can also buy a chance for the Rolex raffle that is already underway. But hurry, only 500 of the $50 tickets are being sold.

Talk to you Tuesday and Roll Wave!

Rick Dickson

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Glad he is doing this, but still pretty chickenshit to still hide behind the keyboard.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Krewe of Ham & Eggs
High Tide

NOLABigSteve wrote:Glad he is doing this, but still pretty chickenshit to still hide behind the keyboard.
Knowing him he won't be the one behind the keyboard
Tulane Class of 2004
Bigschtick
Riptide

The only thing I will be glad about is his resignation. There is nothing
he can do with this wave chat crap that will or should change any minds.
He has been a complete disaster for Tulane athletics. A major embarrassment too himself and the school.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:The only thing I will be glad about is his resignation. There is nothing
He has been a complete disaster for Tulane athletics. A major embarrassment too himself and the school.
After all, this is the guy who refused to meet with donors a few days ago sending a subordinate cause he did not
have the balls to show himself. He must take us for a bunch of gullible fools if he thinks this crap is going to change any perceptions
or make up for his grossly incompetent performance for years. Just unbelievable. ONLY at Tulane does this nonsense continue!

Sorry about the double post!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
wavedat
Swell

What a sham. He will have his staffers load it up w/questions before real fans can get in. But if you get in blast away. The delusionals are already decrying that so you know that means it's the right thing to do.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
IM42lane
Swell

Bigschtick wrote:The only thing I will be glad about is his resignation. There is nothing
He has been a complete disaster for Tulane athletics. A major embarrassment too himself and the school
I sent in my questions:

When is Cowen retiring? When are you (Dickson) moving on to your next job?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
torbida
Surge

If this clown was sincere he would've done this a while back.Who in the blue hell would want to chat with him anyway?
Charlie Dunn
Ripple

I think we should all send in the tough questions. Why has Tulane gone from #7 to the worst team in the country under your watch? Why has Tulane had a losing season for the ten years, including the longest record of 15 games in a row? What are you doing to get us into a BCS conference? Why have other private schools surpassed us in football (TCU, SMU, Tulsa)? Why has Tulane become a bottom dweller in basketball and an unmitigated disaster in football?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Charlie Dunn wrote:I think we should all send in the tough questions. Why has Tulane gone from #7 to the worst team in the country under your watch? Why has Tulane had a losing season for the ten years, including the longest record of 15 games in a row? What are you doing to get us into a BCS conference? Why have other private schools surpassed us in football (TCU, SMU, Tulsa)? Why has Tulane become a bottom dweller in basketball and an unmitigated disaster in football?
+1
Let's post questions in this thread that we want answered.
I'll start with a few "softball" questions:

Why are we spending donated money to renovate a 1933 basketball facility when a new one is needed to advance our conference possibilities?
How much revenue do you expect to gain from an on-campus stadium (source of rev's?) and how does it advance our conference possibilities?
Has your time-table for a winning football team and bowl game changed since your "Playbook" presentation?
When are we going to get "Sports Management" as a major that was promised?
Are we going to relax Tulane restrictions on JC football players?
As the face of Tulane athletics, explain your reason for refusing to have a face to face meetings with Tulane beat writers from the TP and The BR Advocate.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

I understand that RD will have a "double" taking the questions. It will be a dead man looking like him. He will be wired to move his head up and down and sideways." It is what it is" will be the only thing coming from the microphone stuffed in his ass
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
Charlie Dunn wrote:I think we should all send in the tough questions. Why has Tulane gone from #7 to the worst team in the country under your watch? Why has Tulane had a losing season for the ten years, including the longest record of 15 games in a row? What are you doing to get us into a BCS conference? Why have other private schools surpassed us in football (TCU, SMU, Tulsa)? Why has Tulane become a bottom dweller in basketball and an unmitigated disaster in football?
+1
Let's post questions in this thread that we want answered.
I'll start with a few "softball" questions:

Why are we spending donated money to renovate a 1933 basketball facility when a new one is needed to advance our conference possibilities?
How much revenue do you expect to gain from an on-campus stadium (source of rev's?) and how does it advance our conference possibilities?
Has your time-table for a winning football team and bowl game changed since your "Playbook" presentation?
As the face of Tulane athletics, explain your reason for refusing to have a face to face meetings with Tulane beat writers from the TP and The BR Advocate.
Nice set of level-headed questions.

The only question I want to ask is: "In what profession can you have 14 years of continually disastrous results and expect to keep your job?".

I won't ask though.
sader24
Tsunami

Dickson needs to get it through his thick skull that its time to move on. Even if he does answer my questions I wont trust and/or believe his answers. Confidence and trust have been lost, its time to resign. End of story.
tnelly15
Riptide

My dad has been making calls for RD for about 2 weeks now and finally got on the phone with him today and he gave answers for a few of these questions, now if his statements hold true that's another story.
He is working with the Dean to get those majors in, dont think he gave a time frame. Also said there could possibly be JC transfers next season. Dont know if he gave a number on the increased revenue from the Stadium, but mentioned it would greatly increase the operating budget.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tnelly15 wrote:My dad has been making calls for RD for about 2 weeks now and finally got on the phone with him today and he gave answers for a few of these questions, now if his statements hold true that's another story.
He is working with the Dean to get those majors in, dont think he gave a time frame. Also said there could possibly be JC transfers next season. Dont know if he gave a number on the increased revenue from the Stadium, but mentioned it would greatly increase the operating budget.
Not having a time frame is no good in my book. A good manager sets time frames and keeps on or ahead schedule as part of goals. The "Playbook" st time frames and they have not been met.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
msdos
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Nice set of level-headed questions.

The only question I want to ask is: "In what profession can you have 14 years of continually disastrous results and expect to keep your job?".

I won't ask though.
Fuck it, I'll ask
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tnelly15 wrote:My dad has been making calls for RD for about 2 weeks now and finally got on the phone with him today and he gave answers for a few of these questions, now if his statements hold true that's another story.
Soooooo.... he didn't give any answers.
Show Me
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Soooooo.... he didn't give any answers.
Smoke and mirrors once again. :shock: :shock: :shock:
tnelly15
Riptide

I wasnt on the phone so, I dont know if any specifics were mentioned. Even if they were I'd be skeptical.
Ray
Surge

torbida wrote:If this clown was sincere he would've done this a while back.Who in the blue hell would want to chat with him anyway?
Totally Agree!! Why chat now when we're at the ocean's bottom??
Dave breslin
Swell

To the person who asked the questions to RD and he didn't get an answer--what has this guy been doing for 14 years? The only thing he's accomplished,outside of a new baseball field, has been to create a mountain of poor choices and an atmosphere that exemplifies his personality. This guy is a LOSER!!! I think he misspelled chat. When he speaks it's shit not chat that dribbles out of his mouth
msdos
Swell

is it accurate to say that Dickson has never hired a coach that has gone to the post season?
BC Wave
Swell

Officially, be hired the previous women's golf coach. But basically, Sue Bower found him.
OGSB
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
That's easy. Politician.
Livin' rent free