Lows

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wavetime
Swell

Does anyone think this is worse than the Greg Davis/Wally English/ buddy Teevens teams?

DrBox
Riptide

This team is worse than any of those teams.
Dave breslin
Swell

The real low is that dick head Dickson is still driving the car!!! Holy crap , I'd rather have a man in a coma as our ad. Jabba the pres doesn't help either. Maybe a murder suicide could happen. If it does, chech cj"s desk drawer for a smoking gun.
waveclem
Surge

:shock: We are THE worst team in college football. We just lost to Northeast Louisiana and USL in back to back weeks by a score of 104 to 23. We need football players, not student athletes.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Wavetime wrote:Does anyone think this is worse than the Greg Davis/Wally English/ buddy Teevens teams?
The Greg Davis era:

1988...Tulane played Florida St. somewhat tough for about 3 quarters, beat Ole Miss on the road, won 5 games in the end.

1989...only 4 wins but 3 close losses (1 pt., 4 pts., 5 pts.)...nice rally to beat Memphis St.

1990...again only 4 wins...the opening-game wipeout against USL but a couple of big wins and also the upset of Syracuse and the close call in B.R. and again 3 close losses (3 pts., 6 pts., 7 pts.)

1991...finally the bottom falls out.

So, yes, the current results seem to be worse.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
JerseyWave
Riptide

This is by far the worst I've seen in 25 years. The realy nineties teams were losing to Alabama, Florida St, Miss St and LSU. This team is being blown away from Louisisana Monroe and Lafayette. It can't compete against the worst teams.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I've been following Tulane since Bennie Ellender's first year, and this is by far the worst team and situation I have ever seen at Tulane. We have hit new lows in many categories--player talent, player motivation, conference affiliation, schedule, competitiveness, athletic department capability, administrative leadership, reputation and profile among the rest of the intercollegiate world, and support of Tulane alums and fans. It's hard to see how it could get any lower than what we have witnessed over the last 2 weeks. The last 2 weeks are the sum total of Cowen's 14 year reign over Tulane. He, and his clown jester Dickson, are the epitome of failure.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jonathan
Riptide

I have been attending TU football games since 1950. This is the worst that I have seen both the football program and overall athletic program. Our conference CUSA has hit rock bottom and is equal to the Sun Belt. Thank you RJ and SC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:I've been following Tulane since Bennie Ellender's first year, and this is by far the worst team and situation I have ever seen at Tulane. We have hit new lows in many categories--player talent, player motivation, conference affiliation, schedule, competitiveness, athletic department capability, administrative leadership, reputation and profile among the rest of the intercollegiate world, and support of Tulane alums and fans. It's hard to see how it could get any lower than what we have witnessed over the last 2 weeks. The last 2 weeks are the sum total of Cowen's 14 year reign over Tulane. He, and his clown jester Dickson, are the epitome of failure.
Good thing you missed the Pilney and O'Boyle years !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Robert1969
Riptide

Wavetime wrote:Does anyone think this is worse than the Greg Davis/Wally English/ buddy Teevens teams?
Oh, hell I think most Chris Scelfo teams were better than this one. His teams would've demolished this one.
sader24
Tsunami

Scelfo's teams would've pretty much all except the last one beat that ULL team last night. I'm not nor was I ever a Scelfo fan, but he was better than this. Also, they shut down his recruiting from what I was told after the review. To be fair to him he also never got the oppurtunity to build off the Bowl Win in the recruiting world because the review was directly after that. Looking back he probably got screwed by the administration alot worse than we realized. Scelfo's 2002 team while inconsistent at times could've beat ULL yesterday by 4 TD's at least if they were playing one of their good games (USM, Hawaii, Navy, Houston).
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:I've been following Tulane since Bennie Ellender's first year, and this is by far the worst team and situation I have ever seen at Tulane. We have hit new lows in many categories--player talent, player motivation, conference affiliation, schedule, competitiveness, athletic department capability, administrative leadership, reputation and profile among the rest of the intercollegiate world, and support of Tulane alums and fans. It's hard to see how it could get any lower than what we have witnessed over the last 2 weeks. The last 2 weeks are the sum total of Cowen's 14 year reign over Tulane. He, and his clown jester Dickson, are the epitome of failure.
If the Pilney and O'Boyle years were worse than this (nationally last in everything), I am glad I missed them.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
If the Pilney and O'Boyle years were worse than this (nationally last in everything), I am glad I missed them.
Tulane was still in the SEC during Pileny and O'Boyle years...went Independent and Jim Pittman was brought in and then Ellender
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
OGSB
Swell

Considering I go into every game with no expectation of winning and was actually encouraged by not being blown out by USL (USL!) in the 1st half I'm going to say that this is easily the lowest football has ever been for me.
Livin' rent free
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OGSB wrote:Considering I go into every game with no expectation of winning and was actually encouraged by not being blown out by USL (USL!) in the 1st half I'm going to say that this is easily the lowest football has ever been for me.

I agree, even the Pilney and O'Boyle teams would not be losing to the ULM and USL's of the world...
IM42lane
Swell

It can NOT get any worse than this . . . .

F!RE Cowen & Dickson NOW!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
OGSB
Swell

IM42lane wrote:It can NOT get any worse than this . . . .

F!RE Cowen & Dickson NOW!!!!
You would think but then again I heard the same thing in 2006 and 2011.
Livin' rent free
tensupt
Trickle

USL and Northeast La used to be rent-a-wins for a program like Tulane. Mack Brown started down grading the schedule and the entrance of CUSA solidified it. When you compare who Tulane used to play to today's schedule, it's a no brainer if this is a new low. Mack Brown or Greg Davis teams would have won most of the games on today's schedules.
OGSB
Swell

tensupt wrote: Mack Brown or Greg Davis teams would have won most of the games on today's schedules.
If we're looking back fondly on the Greg Davis years then maybe we have hit rock bottom!
Livin' rent free
Eaglewave
Swell

OGSB wrote:
tensupt wrote: Mack Brown or Greg Davis teams would have won most of the games on today's schedules.
If we're looking back fondly on the Greg Davis years then maybe we have hit rock bottom!

:lol:
Ball Sumrall!
AugWave
Swell

Nobody's gonna give props to ULL and ULM for actually having good teams now though?? Ok.. It's not like they're horrible like they usually are. Just sayin'.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
msdos
Swell

AugWave wrote:Nobody's gonna give props to ULL and ULM for actually having good teams now though?? Ok.. It's not like they're horrible like they usually are. Just sayin'.
that's the point. they've completely passed us up.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yep, those used to be "rent-a-wins". I guess UNCC and Old Dominion will be our new ones and they'll count as conf wins to boot lol.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Rent a shuttle to see the rent a wins. :lol:

Seriously, Old Dominion would maul this Tulane team.
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Yep, those used to be "rent-a-wins". I guess UNCC and Old Dominion will be our new ones and they'll count as conf wins to boot lol.

I would not bet on that!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!