The baseball record is fine now (as of 03/03/2011), . . . .

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

but these next two weekend series will be definite indicators of what to expect from these guys for the rest of the season. The Southeastern game will be important also.

Also, remember that the first C*USA series (last weekend in March) is in Hattiesburg against our "friendly" rivals from Southern Miss. USM is probably going to lurk at the top of the league standings all season, so its a tough go within the conference from the beginning.

So far, the strength of this club is the pitching. I am still waiting for the bats to come around.

ROLL WAVE BASEBALL ! ! ! !

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
TURVS71
Swell

Quite a turn-a-round from last year. I guess I would take it this way instead of reverse. I do believe that our bats WILL get better. To me, I would equate it to football terms where defense wins games. If you can stop the other team from scoring that takes SOME of the pressure off of the offensive side. That being said, you still need to score.
We shall see!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Jaxwave
Swell

As the weathers warms so will our bats but so will our opponents' bats. Our pitching went completely downhill last year as the temperature rose. World Series games are lower scoring typically in the cold weather of Oct and Nov.
Jonathan
Riptide

I am sorry that I cannot buy into "the baseball record is fine now." Southeastern the only quality team we have played to date blew us out. The rest of the teams played to date are "cupcakes." I will tell you what I think after quality teams such as LSU, Rice, Ole Miss etc.