First Phase of Schedule Complete

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Although some wins were not pretty, we now stand at 7-2, with 4 wins coming in the Bottom of the 8th and 1 in the bottom of the 9th.

Now comes Ole Miss, LA Monroe and Wichita State.

A good outcome would be 2 from Ole Miss
Win at Monroe
2 from Wichita State

That would put us at 12-4. Taking 2 of 3 from Ole Miss should put us back in the Top 25.

Hitting has improved but I would like to see it a little better. Defense has improved over the last 2 games.

Thoughts?

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pitching on the road will be much more of a ch allege. Mainly adjusting to a different mound. The field at Oxford is sunken. We win if the scores are low (4 to 5 runs) high scoring games favor the Rebs.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Green Wave
Swell

This year has been fun, close, and dramatic. At 7-2 the wave with the victory today has just passed the opponent in runs scored. Five of the victories were comebacks.

Nick Pepitone has been involved in 6 out of the seven victories. He is 2-0 and 4 saves!

Before the season started there was talk of moving him into the rotation because he was not getting enough work last year as a relief pitcher. I think Nick is right where he should be. The Closer.

ROLL WAVE!
ROLL WAVE!
St. Amant Wave
Ripple

We've been winning ugly, but a win is a win is a win! Ole Miss will be a huge challenge. We will be facing their best pitchers. We are going to have to hit the ball and move runners. We can't strand 11 to 12 runners a game. I'll be there with 8 other Tulane baseball fans from the River Parishes, but like I said, it's going to be a tough row to hoe against the Rebels!