2012-2013 Men's Basketball Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

November

9 Fri. at Georgia Tech Atlanta, Ga. TBA

Joe Cipriano Nebraska Classic
13 Tue. Bethune-Cookman New Orleans 7 p.m.
16 Fri. Nebraska-Omaha New Orleans 12:30 p.m.
18 Sun. Chicago State New Orleans TBA
21 Wed. at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. TBA

24 Sat. Southern New Orleans 7 p.m.
27 Tue. Loyola (NO) New Orleans 7 p.m

December

1 Sat. Navy New Orleans 7 p.m.
4 Tue. Nicholls State New Orleans 7 p.m.
8 Sat. at San Diego San Diego, Calif. 9 p.m

Tulane Classic
19 Wed. Pepperdine vs. Alabama State New Orleans TBA
19 Wed. Tulane vs. UTPA New Orleans TBA
20 Thur. UTPA vs. Alabama State New Orleans TBA
20 Thur. Tulane vs. Pepperdine New Orleans TBA

22 Sat. vs. Hofstra Barclay Center, NYC TBA
30 Sun. at Alabama Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA

January

5 Sat. Wofford New Orleans 7 p.m.
9 Wed. *UTEP New Orleans 7 p.m.
12 Sat. *at SMU Dallas, Texas 2 p.m.
19 Sat. *Tulsa New Orleans 7 p.m.
22 Tue. *at Memphis Memphis, Tenn. TBA
26 Sat. *Rice New Orleans 7 p.m.
30 Wed. *UCF New Orleans 7 p.m.

February

2 Sat. *at UTEP El Paso, Texas 8 p.m.
6 Wed. *Marshall New Orleans 7 p.m.
9 Sat. *at Houston Houston, Texas TBA
13 Wed. *at Southern Miss Hattiesburg, Miss. TBA
16 Sat. *SMU New Orleans 7 p.m.
23 Sat. *at Rice Houston, Texas TBA
27 Wed. *UAB New Orleans 7 p.m

March

2 Sat. *at Tulsa Tulsa, Okla. TBA
6 Wed. *at East Carolina Greenville, N.C. TBA
9 Sat. *Houston New Orleans 7 p.m.
13-16 Wed.-Sat. at Conference USA Tournament BOK Center, Tulsa, Okla. TBA

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Should have at least 13 wins before conference play starts.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we're the "big program" for an early season tournament, but being in the same tournament as SUNO and Loyola is unnacceptable.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Eaglewave
Swell

AugWave wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we're the "big program" for an early season tournament, but being in the same tournament as SUNO and Loyola is unnacceptable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn Augwave, SUNO? Wow.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we're the "big program" for an early season tournament, but being in the same tournament as SUNO and Loyola is unnacceptable.
But playing football against ODU, UTSA,NTSU is. NOT.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
KsWave
Low Tide

winwave wrote:
We can't control our conference schedule.

Only our conference! :twisted:
AugWave
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn Augwave, SUNO? Wow.
Hey, that's what we call them over here.. :lol:
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
AugWave
Swell

winwave wrote:
Damn, didn't know I loved Old Dominion and UTSA. I don't. Please go troll somewhere else.

And to even bring up Old Dominion and UTSA when speaking about SUNO...?

Bye.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:
winwave wrote:
Damn, didn't know I loved Old Dominion and UTSA. I don't. Please go troll somewhere else.

And to even bring up Old Dominion and UTSA when speaking about SUNO...?

Bye.
They are all the same. Just contradicting yourself again.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jmjclu
High Tide

the first 16 games are including 10 non respectable opponents.
If the team is any less than 10-6 , it tends to indicate the ineptitude of this coaching staff.
Conroy was a failure at the Citadel , and he has been the same here for the past two years,,
I have not followed this team , but I have been told this is a breakout year.
we shall see
KsWave
Low Tide

jmjclu wrote:the first 16 games are including 10 non respectable opponents.
If the team is any less than 10-6 , it tends to indicate the ineptitude of this coaching staff.
Conroy was a failure at the Citadel , and he has been the same here for the past two years,,
we shall see
I'd be pretty disappointed if we had more than 4 losses going into Memphis game (15-4 I think that would make us....bright side would be 17-2)
JDTulane
Riptide

KsWave wrote:
jmjclu wrote:the first 16 games are including 10 non respectable opponents.
we shall see
I'd be pretty disappointed if we had more than 4 losses going into Memphis game (15-4 I think that would make us....bright side would be 17-2)
Can someone inform me how a coach of the year in his old conference is suddenly deemed a failure while he was there? Citadel is a bitch to coach at.
tnelly15
Riptide

I'm not going to say he was a failure, but he only had 1 good season there. I dont know how bad they were when got there so maybe he can get a pass for the 1st two seasons(he went 13-47), but his last year there he went 16-16 which is mediocre at best. His winning percentage here is 45% which is bad and it's inflated by one of the worst OOC schedules in CBB. In C-Usa he's won less than 20% of his games. If he doesnt turn it around this season I hope we go in another direction.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tnelly15 wrote:I'm not going to say he was a failure, but he only had 1 good season there. I dont know how bad they were when got there so maybe he can get a pass for the 1st two seasons(he went 13-47), but his last year there he went 16-16 which is mediocre at best. His winning percentage here is 45% which is bad and it's inflated by one of the worst OOC schedules in CBB. In C-Usa he's won less than 20% of his games. If he doesnt turn it around this season I hope we go in another direction.

Problem is no one worth hiring wants to work here. Especially in a 3,200 seat arena. Smacks of small time.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tnelly15 wrote:I'm not going to say he was a failure, but he only had 1 good season there. I dont know how bad they were when got there so maybe he can get a pass for the 1st two seasons(he went 13-47), but his last year there he went 16-16 which is mediocre at best. His winning percentage here is 45% which is bad and it's inflated by one of the worst OOC schedules in CBB. In C-Usa he's won less than 20% of his games. If he doesnt turn it around this season I hope we go in another direction.

Problem is no one worth hiring wants to work here. Especially in a 3,200 seat arena. Smacks of small time.
win, I believe you're going to change your tune when you come out and see Devlin in person. It's really impressive, it doesn't feel small at all. Tulane got this right.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tps it won't. IT'S TOO DAMN SMALL TO ATTRACT A REAL COACH. SAD BUT TRUE. I refuse to be sucked into sub D-1.
tnelly15
Riptide

I dont know, I havent seen it yet and I'd like to say it isnt too small, but there was obviously a reason we had trouble getting a coach last time. I seem to remember a couple guys turned down the job and the capacity of the Arena couldnt have increased by much.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Capacity went down and there is no expansion on the horizon as RD talked about phase 2 and he didn't mention expansion.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:tps it won't. IT'S TOO DAMN SMALL TO ATTRACT A REAL COACH. SAD BUT TRUE. I refuse to be sucked into sub D-1.
win I really don't believe that will be the case in future coaching searches. The Hertz facility is top 20 and now Devlin may be small at the moment, but its no longer a liability. Capacity didn't go down. The only thing small are the crowds. You really need to go see it in person. The failed coaching searches in the past were due to lack of money, a declining conference, broken promises and lies to past coaches and so on. I'd rather attend games at Devlin than the nola arena and I'm not giving you any BS. We need to start winning and sellout the place before I'm going to complain about needing expansion. As far as basketball, Tulane has finally put itself in a position to fire any coach if he or she can't succeed here within 3 years. No more excuses of losing should be tolerated. The facilities we have now are more than enough to have success. Tulane got this renovation right and they need to be commended for their efforts. Now when the program starts selling out game after game, then I'll be the first one screaming for expansion or a new facility, but in the meantime I'm more than content to be playing in this upgraded facility.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:tps it won't. IT'S TOO DAMN SMALL TO ATTRACT A REAL COACH. SAD BUT TRUE. I refuse to be sucked into sub D-1.
win I really don't believe that will be the case in future coaching searches. The Hertz facility is top 20 and now Devlin may be small at the moment, but its no longer a liability. Capacity didn't go down. The only thing small are the crowds. You really need to go see it in person. The failed coaching searches in the past were due to lack of money, a declining conference, broken promises and lies to past coaches and so on. I'd rather attend games at Devlin than the nola arena and I'm not giving you any BS. We need to start winning and sellout the place before I'm going to complain about needing expansion. As far as basketball, Tulane has finally put itself in a position to fire any coach if he or she can't succeed here within 3 years. No more excuses of losing should be tolerated. The facilities we have now are more than enough to have success. Tulane got this renovation right and they need to be commended for their efforts. Now when the program starts selling out game after game, then I'll be the first one screaming for expansion or a new facility, but in the meantime I'm more than content to be playing in this upgraded facility.
+1
Amen
I went last night and was very impressed with the place. In fact, I walked around the entire facility to see if there they could put in more seating. One of the Tulane staffers told us that if need be in the future they could flip the court and almost double the seating. So that's how it would be expanded. It looked like a completely new facility on the inside. It looks much larger with the drop ceiling removed and its much louder in there. Tulane didn't mess this up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
+1
Amen
I went last night and was very impressed with the place. In fact, I walked around the entire facility to see if there they could put in more seating. One of the Tulane staffers told us that if need be in the future they could flip the court and almost double the seating. So that's how it would be expanded. It looked like a completely new facility on the inside. It looks much larger with the drop ceiling removed and its much louder in there. Tulane didn't mess this up.
The staffer is misinformed. In the past when that possibility was floated it was said it would only add a few hundred seats.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: The staffer is misinformed. In the past when that possibility was floated it was said it would only add a few hundred seats.
If they needed to they could find a way to increase capacity to around 6,000 or so. But I really don't see the need to worry about that yet. They took a lemon and made lemonade with this renovation. For once, Tulane really hit a home run here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said there is no way to increase the facility to that size. Just think for a second. Under PC the place was full and we literally had a waiting list for season tickets but they never did that b/c as I said flipping the court could only get it to 4k. We need a 7,500 seat multi purpose arena on the Rosen site. That would show good coaches,players and conferences we do want to be big time. Please don't buy into SC's mantra of we don't need it now b/c of our lack of attendance. All that does is become a self fulfilling prophecy .
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Like I said there is no way to increase the facility to that size. Just think for a second. Under PC the place was full and we literally had a waiting list for season tickets but they never did that b/c as I said flipping the court could only get it to 4k. We need a 7,500 seat multi purpose arena on the Rosen site. That would show good coaches,players and conferences we do want to be big time. Please don't buy into SC's mantra of we don't need it now b/c of our lack of attendance. All that does is become a self fulfilling prophecy .
If we don't win we'll never need a bigger facility. At this time we really need to worry about selling out Devlin first, then we can worry about a bigger place. I'm not going to complain yet. We hadn't filled this place since the 1990's. If you attend the games like I do, you will not complain, trust me. When it's soldout game after game, then I have no doubt we would have finally outgrown the place and if more money can be made Tulane will find a way to do so.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Like I said there is no way to increase the facility to that size. Just think for a second. Under PC the place was full and we literally had a waiting list for season tickets but they never did that b/c as I said flipping the court could only get it to 4k. We need a 7,500 seat multi purpose arena on the Rosen site. That would show good coaches,players and conferences we do want to be big time. Please don't buy into SC's mantra of we don't need it now b/c of our lack of attendance. All that does is become a self fulfilling prophecy .
If we don't win we'll never need a bigger facility. At this time we really need to worry about selling out Devlin first, then we can worry about a bigger place. I'm not going to complain yet. We hadn't filled this place since the 1990's. If you attend the games like I do, you will not complain, trust me. When it's soldout game after game, then I have no doubt we would have finally outgrown the place and if more money can be made Tulane will find a way to do so.
It will never get filled b/c we can't get good coaches or players to such a small time facility. I've been going to the games there for 50 years. The bathroom thing is just another classic Tulane fuck up.