Can anybody beam Scotty (Cowen) out of here . . .

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

before he just allows football to evaporate before our eyes?

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

IM42lane wrote:before he just allows football to evaporate before our eyes?
If you want to help with that effort, like the New Wave Facebook page or follow the Twitter account. Getting those numbers up is how we can collectively put pressure on Dr. Cowen.
JTLiuzza
Swell

Jonathan you obviously know more about all the new media than I do. But how about putting a you Tube video together explaining your effort, what it's about, etc? You could include some TU football history and so forth, maybe even with some old film footage/stills to show where we've been relative to where we are, and why it's important to rejuvenate the program.

Just a thought.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

1ndabag wrote:Jonathan you obviously know more about all the new media than I do. But how about putting a you Tube video together explaining your effort, what it's about, etc? You could include some TU football history and so forth, maybe even with some old film footage/stills to show where we've been relative to where we are, and why it's important to rejuvenate the program.

Just a thought.
That is what the blog is for. See the "about" page on the Tumblr Blog with the link below.

I intend to go into more specifics (for example, how much money could Tulane be making off athletics?) when there is a bigger audience. Need to spread the word on the effort first.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Guys: its a done deal. That became clear when they retained this incompetent coach and his staff. The admin thumbed their noses at those who have a real and genuine love of Tulane. Its time to give all the same talk a rest.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote:Guys: its a done deal. That became clear when they retained this incompetent coach and his staff. The admin thumbed their noses at those who have a real and genuine love of Tulane. Its time to give all the same talk a rest.
So what are you going to do about it? Obviously you still care, or you wouldn't be here.

The review in 2003 was reportedly a "done deal" too.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Joe: What would you suggest? Do you think the the students and alumni are in a position to force out a president who apparently answers to no one? Do you think that the students in the majority care like we care? Personally, I think its all a done deal and the fate of Tulane football has long since been decided. Personally, I would prefer that Cowen , Dickson and Toledo be tarred and feathered !
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote:Joe: What would you suggest? Do you think the the students and alumni are in a position to force out a president who apparently answers to no one? Do you think that the students in the majority care like we care? Personally, I think its all a done deal and the fate of Tulane football has long since been decided. Personally, I would prefer that Cowen , Dickson and Toledo be tarred and feathered !
Students and alumni are in the same position they were in when Cowen had a covert plan to get rid of D1A athletics quietly during the summer.

Except now with social media tools like Facebook and Twitter, it's exponentially easier.

Cowen gets his way by hiding the truth. Get enough people behind the effort and expose the truth and the rest will take care of itself. 2003 was a major embarassment for Cowen. His Presidency may not survive a second major embarassment.