This is interesting

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Interesting post over on YOGWF. Someone who had never posted before let loose that he knew from Wilson Center/Gibson Hall that Tulane does not intend to make the investment needed to have successful football/basketball programs.

Link to post here: http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?p=384158#p384158

Can't be sure of the credibility of the poster but it seems like someone who knows that Dickson is starting to feel the heat. That would be a good thing.

St. Amant Wave
Ripple

Two years. I give them two years and if there's no improvement in football, basketball, Scott Cowen will pull the plug on athletics so don't look for any commitment from Gibson Hall. :oops: Sad, but I believe after Scott's effort to get rid of sports in '05 he has silently let sports fall by the wayside as he works his way into getting his agenda passed with the board. This is only my perspective but I challenge anyone to refute what I'm saying with any concrete evidence what Scott and his minions are doing to enhance athletics at Tulane. :oops:
IM42lane
Swell

We all fear what you profess, unfortunately. The only solution is new blood at the top.

St. Amant Wave wrote:Two years. I give them two years and if there's no improvement in football, basketball, Scott Cowen will pull the plug on athletics so don't look for any commitment from Gibson Hall. :oops: Sad, but I believe after Scott's effort to get rid of sports in '05 he has silently let sports fall by the wayside as he works his way into getting his agenda passed with the board. This is only my perspective but I challenge anyone to refute what I'm saying with any concrete evidence what Scott and his minions are doing to enhance athletics at Tulane. :oops:
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I propose a group roadtrip, protest and campout, right in front of Cowen's house...especially when the "Board" happens to be in NOLA for a meeting
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RWR
Swell

This was posted on 5-28-10. The thread was locked and the poster banned. BTW, it appears you cannot use the term Tulane Model on another site.

"I recently had dinner w/a Bd. member.He is a long time bd. member and has always been pro-athletics. I asked about all of the most important areas where we need changes.

Academics- He said none have been discussed.

Financial- Same as above.

Facilities- The practice facility will be built and Fogelman will be renovated. As for a football stadium he said the talks are more pie in the sky than serious. The only number ever used is 25,000 seats and it would take someone putting down $50 million to move the talks to a serious stage.

Conference realignment- Only pie in the sky talk, if this, that, and the other happens maybe, just maybe, we could get in a modified Big East or modified Big 12.

Glazers- Their only commitment is prizes for the auction.

He said the SoS is firmly entrenched w/this administration. That makes sense if you watch RD at the Conroy press conference. He very sternly said the SoS is in place.

Where this leaves us is focusing on coaching hires. I'm in the camp that thinks Conroy will be very successful. Toledo said he was only staying 4 or 5 years. So the list should be being compiled. We need to recognize an asst. who is the brains such as Infante or RR and one who is riding coattails-Davis."
JTLiuzza
Swell

He's not really saying anything those of us with our eyes open haven't known for a long time.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
sader24
Tsunami

Cowen's been trying to kill athletics since Day 1 and Dickson just wants to keep his paycheck. Over the last few months I've talked to several people who did not believe this and thought I was off-base the last 5+ years who now believe this to be completely true. With these two in charge athletics will remain in a freefall. End of story. I haven't seen a JTS post in awhile over on YOGWF. Could it be possible that even he realizes it's all been a smokescreen at this point? Tulane athletics have never been worse than they are right now. The whole department is a full fledged disaster. Academically the school is at its low point as well. These 2 have got to be forced out in any way possible. Fans should be harassing these 2 any time they see them in public. Constantly asking them questions, constantly emailing them, constantly calling their offices, constantly driving these 2 completely insane. What they are doing to Tulane and Tulane athletics is borderline criminal.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yup Cowen is trying to destroy Tulane athletics but on the flip side, has done nothing to improve academics. Basically, he will have damaged this university greatly by the time he gets his fat tuchas out of town.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Sader, you are right. We need to harass these two at every turn. I email Dickson frequently asking him to be a man and leave.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Unfortunately, I don't think direct pressure will get these two clowns out of town. What might do it, is public embarassement and humiliation. I don't think Cowen's ego could stand a public flogging--that just might get him and his ego to finally leave, and let us begin the massive effort to undo the damage that he has done.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana