Tulane 2 SHSU 3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tnelly15
Riptide

Tulane loses another season opener and their 5th consecutive Friday night game. This is getting ridiculous. 2 Hits both from Schaeffer.

ETA: I guess as a positive we did pitch well.

gbgreenie
Surge

Pitch well who is Sam Houston, they are not LSU or Rice.
St. Amant Wave
Ripple

A pathetic display of baseball :oops: What the hell has happened to this program? Don't give me the Katrina excuse either! :oops: That was six years ago! Coach Jones, his staff and the players need to do some serious soul searching to explain this debacle! Not since the last Joe Brockhoff year have I seen such bad baseball, no hitting, no fielding! Southern scores 19 runs on UNO, LSU scores 15 on Wake Forest and we can't score on Sam Houston State? Are you kidding me?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

SHSU of Huntsville, Tx..must have lot's of "all metro" Houston area players on the roster..of course metro Houston has more people than the state of Louisiana..
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

VERY DISAPPOINTED

it's as if it is May 2010 - although almost 8 months have passed, looked like the same team. I hope it's just a minor adjustment period. This loss will have to be made up somewhere along the line

WHERE ARE THE BATS????
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
JTLiuzza
Swell

St. Amant Wave wrote:Coach Jones, his staff and the players need to do some serious soul searching to explain this debacle!
Let's hope last night was just a glitch. The time for them to do the soul searching was eight months ago after finishing dead last.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Jonathan
Riptide

Has anyone heard of sam houston state are they non scholarship division two or three the cusa coaches predict rick jones team number five in cusa zero hitting or defense at five hundred thousand a year one of the highest. Salaries in college basball rick needs to go with his coaching staff we want coach sloss no ncaa for tu this year love ye olde no tread on sam houston state game why embarrassed
JTLiuzza
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Has anyone heard of sam houston state are they non scholarship division two or three
They're a division 1 FCS school playing in the Southland Conference.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

JTLiuzza wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:20 pm
Jonathan wrote:Has anyone heard of sam houston state are they non scholarship division two or three
They used to be one of Southeastern Louisiana's big rivals in the Southland, They moved up in class to the Western Athletic Conference.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
anEngineer
Riptide

IM42lane wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:09 pm
JTLiuzza wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:20 pm
They used to be one of Southeastern Louisiana's big rivals in the Southland, They moved up in class to the Western Athletic Conference.
It was mentioned that they will be CUSA next year.