Baseball Future

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GREEN13
Ripple

Way to go!! Yet another joke from this team!! Jones needs to go,but I don't think that it matters anyway. Tulane is on there way to UNO status! Blame whom ever you want, but the reality of our athetic programs has finally set in with me!!! Damn it suck being a Tulane fan!! I wish I could help it, but I can't!!!!!

rollinggreen
High Tide

You nailed it. Anyone seen UNO in the headlines lately? Well, Tulane is the next one into oblivion.
sader24
Tsunami

Actually UNO is about to join the Southland Conference with Nicholls and McNeese.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Then there is no doubt that they will pass Tulane up. Everyone else does. Hell, even Temple is winning at football and look at all the teams that have gone on to better conferences while we sit with the dregs. What am I saying, we ARE the dreg!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have now gone 4 years w/out post season play and 5 of the last 6. We don't lose a large quantity of players this year but we lose a lot of quality. We lose the heart of the order and a lot of pop from Schaf,Schnee and even pop from Florio. Then we lose our closer. We could lose more in the draft like Potkay, Cannizaro, Boudreaux, McKenzie and maybe more. So next year does not look promising. Then after that things get scary. Even if we only lose our seniors this year it hurts but then after next year you would be losing all those seniors which is both our hitters and pitchers. So even if Gautreu's recruiting for 2 years from now is an upgrade we will still be way down talent wise after losing all of that. sure hope football and basketball improve.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

A few people have always known that Rick Jones was not that great of a baseball field manager.

One of them, as a matter of fact, was the original operator of Tulane sports forum.

However, if anyone has ever had anything to say not complimentary about Rick Jones they have typically found themselves shouted down pretty viciously by the many Jones admirers out there.

It sure seemed like back in the 1980's when Tulane had a couple of sub-par years the wolves started up howling about Coach Brockhoff pretty quickly.

What will it take as regards Jones genuinely being on the hot seat?

Honestly, with the attention that the baseball program gets, the salary he's been getting, the facilities, the traditions of both success and good support, attendance, interest and so on you'd have to think that he would have been on the hot seat long ago, like, say, after the second season after 2006 (sure, let's not be unfair about the situation right after 8/29/2005) for Tulane to not make it into postseason.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The thing that bugs me this year is that we had the talent to make post season, and we didn't. Not 2001-2005 like talent but enough to make some noise in a regional. Baseball IMO is all about talent, are we getting the same talent as we once did? Absolutely not. Now why is that?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Probably a combination of new rules put in place and lax recruiting. Previous staffs had better recruiters.
tnelly15
Riptide

I really dont see any non-seniors going high enough to leave early.
JDTulane
Riptide

Are the 2-3 9 stars coming in that we heard about instant starters?
rollinggreen
High Tide

They should have a Memorial Day golf tournament in memory of great teams from the past. Hell, might as well live in the past, the future doesn't look any better. OH the joys of being a Tulane fan. I picked Memorial Day because there sure won't be any reason watching the selection show anymore just like basketball.