2011 Baseball Poll

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

How many baseball victories in 2011?

less than 20
No votes
20-30
19%
30-40 and we make the Tourney
81%
More than 40 and we host
No votes

Total votes: 16
TURVS71
Swell

So, what do you think?

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I voted 30-40, but really want to see how we do the first few weekends. Last year, it was apparent right away that we would struggle. I expect to put teams away early, IF we are deserving of the #25 ranking.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
TURVS71
Swell

Ok, here goes. I am going to go out on a limb and project that we win 41 games and host a regional. I think the pitching will be improved and with the changes to the bats (smaller sweet spot) that will help teams like us that are not power home run hitting. Think our infield and outfield play will be fine. Again, all hinges on pitching...
Jonathan
Riptide

I am more negative than any of you this season. Our pitching staff had an approx 8.6 era against conference foes last year. Sadly most return. They are bad! Ony one bright spot one new pitcher from northshore. He cannot carry a poor team. I am tirefd of RJ excvuses , we are a private e school and cannot compete. What about TCU, Miami, Vandy, south Cal and Stanford As one of thje highest paid college baseball coaches in USA at one half million dollars a year he and staff cannot coach or recruit top players other than Grayson Community College
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

...do not slight Navarro JC.. !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

I believe we will be a regional club. RJ is the best coach to ever set foot on campus in any sport. Apples to oranges comparing some of these other private schools mentioned in an earlier post. Give Tulane the money Stanford, USC, Vandy and now TCU throws into their athletic programs as well as endownments and we would not be having this conversation. Rice is the only school on par with us and they have done it better over the long haul in baseball. Could you see Wayne Graham having to deal with Scott Cowen?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper....Wayne Graham...woud not take the job because of Cowen, much less put up with him..RJ was here when his Lordship Cowen arrived on the scene...makes me wonder if RJ would have taken teh Tulane job if Cowen and Dickson had been in place
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Well, since I created this poll, I now have to admit that I WAS WRONG!! I guess it will stay hear a little while longer and then receive a proper DELETION!!!! :( :( :( :(
Green Wave
Swell

TURVS71 wrote:Well, since I created this poll, I now have to admit that I WAS WRONG!! I guess it will stay hear a little while longer and then receive a proper DELETION!!!! :( :( :( :(
Say it aint so Joe.

In the immortal words of Yogi Berra:

"IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER."

ROLL WAVE! :mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!