Recruiting

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

Toledo at it again. Is it just me or do we sign only OL, FBs and TEs? Does he even look at WRs? Hey Bob we need some speed. Have you ever seen a less athletic OL than we have? Our latest committment is an OLineman whose only other offers were from Fordham and Jacksonville. Not Jacksonville St which is IAA but JU which is even lower classification. Don't tell me hoe well he's recruited. I want results on the field.

tnelly15
Riptide

Yeah everyone talks like he has put together these great recruiting classes. In reality it seems like we often sign guys who have no other D-1 offers. You can add QB's to the list of things we sign as well, we dont go one year without signing a QB. We usually sign atleast two though, I know we've signed two this year. Hell, we let 5 different guys line up at QB and throw this year who knows how many will next season.
ExileWave
Surge

The latest is a 6'7" 290 OL- he only played football one year and said he knows nothing about football and had never heard of Tulane- but he liked the city and coach. And we were his first offer. Can you spell PROJECT? Can we afford these kind of signees? Our recruiting is smoke and mirrors- exactly like the overall program. The results show on Saturday- you are what your records says you are. :x
tnelly15
Riptide

:lol: All we can do is laugh when we're offering scholarships to kids who have barely played football before. I'm going to go ahead and predict he makes very little impact. Toledo amazes me sometimes he refuses to offer Damaris Johnson, but kids with 1 year of football are getting offers.
Has the player development been so great that we can use a scholarship on a project like this?
Dupergreenie
Surge

I must say, that the O-Line has been the biggest let down in CBT's recruiting. I thought when he came in here he said we would have a physical O-line... OOPS. Most of the time our qb is being rushed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

fair is fair...however we accepted a pledge form a St Aug player who only played 2 years of Football..prior to that he was in the band
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We're currently rated near the bottom of CUSA based on what I saw today posted on a recruiting board.
We lack 3 star kids compared to our peers.

UCF – 16 commits. 7 three star. Two ranked.
ECU – 14 commits. 4 three star. None ranked.
UH – 20 commits. 18 three star commits. Two ranked.
Marshall – 12 commits. 5 three star. One ranked.
Memphis – 9 commits. 5 three star. One ranked.
Rice - 11 commits. 10 three star. 1 ranked.
SMU – 20 commits. 1 four star. 15 three star. 4 ranked.
USM – 19 commits. 11 three star. 1 ranked.
Tulane – 14 commits. 2 three star. None ranked.
Tulsa – 16 commits. 10 three star. 3 ranked.
UAB – 3 commits. 0 three star. None ranked.
UTEP – 8 commits. 2 three star. None ranked.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

Unfortunately that's no surprise.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tnelly15 wrote:Unfortunately that's no surprise.
I was surprised only because all I've been hearing before was how strong this class was going to be. Maybe its a better class for Tulane, but its not even in the top half of CUSA so that's a problem in my book.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Green Wave
Swell

I guess if you look within CUSA then the first thing is what is the break down in Tulane's division the west?

I have been trying to come up with a way to provide some way to look into where the recruitment stands overall. So I have been working on more than just a one year recruitment aspect to a 4 year moving recruitment number. Example 2010 squads would be based on the classes 2007-10 with more weight put on the first year (senior) and less as you move up to the 2010 class. The results I got dont reflect exactly the outcomes but it at least gives you a bit of a guide.

Houston was the biggest let down at 5-7 but then again they lost the Super Star Keenum early. Tulsa should have won the division and went 9-3 over all.

Tulane is just off the map and what is alarming in this look is that all the teams in the west were improving into 2010 where as Tulane was flat.

I havent added 2011 yet because its a little early for tabing those numbers and I have not done the east yet.

I think Tulane has improved in the last two years recruitment wise but it looks like it will not be enough to make a major impact untill 2012.
ROLL WAVE!
Bigschtick
Riptide

We are the low man on the totem pole when you look at how far ahead the other schools in CUSA are getting three star players. Rice is even killing us. Cowen should be run out of town for making us the laughing stock of college football.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Green Wave wrote:I guess if you look within CUSA then the first thing is what is the break down in Tulane's division the west?

I have been trying to come up with a way to provide some way to look into where the recruitment stands overall. So I have been working on more than just a one year recruitment aspect to a 4 year moving recruitment number. Example 2010 squads would be based on the classes 2007-10 with more weight put on the first year (senior) and less as you move up to the 2010 class. The results I got dont reflect exactly the outcomes but it at least gives you a bit of a guide.

Houston was the biggest let down at 5-7 but then again they lost the Super Star Keenum early. Tulsa should have won the division and went 9-3 over all.

Tulane is just off the map and what is alarming in this look is that all the teams in the west were improving into 2010 where as Tulane was flat.

I havent added 2011 yet because its a little early for tabing those numbers and I have not done the east yet.

I think Tulane has improved in the last two years recruitment wise but it looks like it will not be enough to make a major impact untill 2012.
What do the numbers on the y-axis represent? Number of recruits?
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote:We are the low man on the totem pole when you look at how far ahead the other schools in CUSA are getting three star players. Rice is even killing us. Cowen should be run out of town for making us the laughing stock of college football.
I'm willing to lead the effort. Just get in line.
Green Wave
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Image

What do the numbers on the y-axis represent? Number of recruits?
No its the average recruit rankings based on the four years they would play. It is also weighted to put more emphasis on older classes.

Senior 40%
Junior 30%
Soph 20%
Fresh 10%

SO the 2007 bar would include classes back to 2004. 2008 back to 2005 etc.

I will label them better next time :)
ROLL WAVE!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Makes sense GW. Nice work!
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)