Houston series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RWR
Swell

IM42lane
Swell

Can Tulane win 2 of 3 in each of these next three weekends (I include the tournament)? That would put the victory total at 39. Maybe that would be enough to make it into a regional.

ROLL WAVE BASEBALL!!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
superwavefan
High Tide

From The Cypress Times

Not having played a midweek game this week, Houston returns to action with an overall record of 16-28-1 and a 4-13-1 mark in C-USA play. The Cougars are hitting .268 as a team and own a .345 on-base percentage. Sophomore Jonathan Davis leads the offensive attack with a .319 clip and a .365 average in conference play. Following the designated hitter is senior John Cannon and junior Jacob Lueneburg with .313 and .310 averages, respectively. Junior Chase Jensen leads the team with 30 RBI, while sophomore Landon Appling has scored a team-high 25 runs and belted three homeruns.

ON THE BUMP FOR HOUSTON
Houston has relied on the arms of RHP Austin Pruitt (3.55,3-3,11 GS,76.0 IP, 46 K) and LHP Jordan Lewis (5.29,3-6,10 GS, 51.0 IP, 32 K), who have both put together several solid starts of late. The duo leads the team with three wins each and 11 and 10 starts, respectively. As of now, Houston has not confirmed its rotation for the weekend. Out of the pen this season, senior Codey Morehouse (1-2, 3.38) and sophomore Chase Wellbrock (3-2, 4.08) have provided the Cougars with needed innings and effective work.
OGSB
Swell

What happened to Houston? They used to battle us for the top almost every year.

I know, I know. 'What happened to Tulane?' could be asked as well.
Livin' rent free
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote:Can Tulane win 2 of 3 in each of these next three weekends (I include the tournament)? That would put the victory total at 39. Maybe that would be enough to make it into a regional.

ROLL WAVE BASEBALL!!!!!
I hope that happens. We are currently have 33 wins.
Last edited by tpstulane on Fri May 11, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
superwavefan
High Tide

OGSB wrote:What happened to Houston? They used to battle us for the top almost every year.

They lead Rice 8-0 on Friday, hung on and won. They led in Saturday, lost and gave Rice a game on Sunday.

I wouldn't overlook them.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

superwavefan wrote:
OGSB wrote:What happened to Houston? They used to battle us for the top almost every year.

They lead Rice 8-0 on Friday, hung on and won. They led in Saturday, lost and gave Rice a game on Sunday.

I wouldn't overlook them.
UH swept us last year in nola.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

U-H... they are all ready looking forward to playing St Johns...U Conn...Pittsburg...L'Ville...SMU (oopss SMU does not have baseball)...Norte Dame....USF...UCF.... and the rest of the Big Least
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
IM42lane wrote:Can Tulane win 2 of 3 in each of these next three weekends (I include the tournament)? That would put the victory total at 39. Maybe that would be enough to make it into a regional.

ROLL WAVE BASEBALL!!!!!
37 wins if that happens. We are currently have 33 wins.
He said three weekends so it would add up to 39.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

ROLL WAVE BASEBALL!!!!!
37 wins if that happens. We are currently have 33 wins.
He said three weekends so it would add up to 39.
Good point, my bad.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Due to bad weather the game has been suspended at bottom of the 7th
Tulane 4
Houston 3

Pick up 4pm on Saturday.
Tulane Class of 1981
RWR
Swell

Wave up 4-3 going into bottom of the 7th when came halted due to impending weather. Will pick up at 4:00 tomorrow.K-Mac had just come in in the 6th and mowed 'em down 1-2-3. Hope he can pick back up where he left off.
wave runner
High Tide

Any word on Brandon B? When I was watching on all-access I couldn't really see what happened, but saw he left the game
wave runner
High Tide

Sorry,... just saw the other thread, hope he gets back for tomorrow
RWR
Swell

Meant to post this much earlier from the T-P:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... ad_gr.html
msdos
Swell

this kinda sucks...they'll get 3 ABs to our 2
COChip
Low Tide

golfnut69 wrote:U-H... they are all ready looking forward to playing St Johns...U Conn...Pittsburg...L'Ville...SMU (oopss SMU does not have baseball)...Norte Dame....USF...UCF.... and the rest of the Big Least
As opposed to playing UTSA, UNT, LA Tech, et al........no one cares about college baseball. Tulane would switch places with them in a New York second if they could.
Robert1969
Riptide

This is really frustrating. The Houston pitcher came into this game with a 7+ ERA and Tulane can't get a hit off him. Just unreal. His ERA is now below seven.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

COChip wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:U-H... they are all ready looking forward to playing St Johns...U Conn...Pittsburg...L'Ville...SMU (oopss SMU does not have baseball)...Norte Dame....USF...UCF.... and the rest of the Big Least
As opposed to playing UTSA, UNT, LA Tech, et al........no one cares about college baseball. Tulane would switch places with them in a New York second if they could.
see, you proved my point !!!!...but...UTSA has beaten ...Baylor...SELA...ULL....Kansas...New Mexico...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Good teams DO NOT DO what we did today!!! Meaning: We are not a good team !
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
wave runner
High Tide

TURVS71 wrote:Good teams DO NOT DO what we did today!!! Meaning: We are not a good team !
Just got off the phone with my bud, we said the same thing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Have to win the next 7 out of 8 IMO to get an at large bid.
Win the next 2 vs UH, Sweep Marshall 3-0, and go 2-1 in the CUSA tourney. Anything less and we probably don't get in because of our weak RPI and SOS.
Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide

Tulane must be one of the worst two out teams in college ball. Our consistent inability to get a clutch hit with two outs is the most frustrating thing about this season. The second most frustrating thing is how nearly futile it seems for our pitchers to be able to get the third out. We could be, right now, a 36-40 win team if we could perform in these situations.
Robert1969
Riptide

In Re: Middleton. How can someone hit .357 and be so completely unreliable with runners in scoring position? Only .224 with runners in scoring position. How is that?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Robert1969 wrote:In Re: Middleton. How can someone hit .357 and be so completely unreliable with runners in scoring position? Only .224 with runners in scoring position. How is that?
He'll get on with a drag bunt single pretty regular. Came through just now with an RBI double in the 9th!
Last edited by tpstulane on Sat May 12, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981