Superdome / Benson Revenue

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Green Wave

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:59 am

Dave breslin wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:50 am
I could care less on where we play. It was fun when we were competitive and miserable when we were crappy. Hopefully, I can emphasize “when” we were crappy after this season
Mista' Dave...Amen to that

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:18 pm

The Dome was never the problem for Tulane Football.
FYI, here is what Temple pays to rent Lincoln Financial Field.
Currently, the school pays $1 million a year to use the stadium (166,666 per game 6 home games). For a new 30-year lease, the Eagles are asking for $2 million a year plus $12 million up front(333,333.00 per game 6 home games).

http://www.phillyvoice.com/temple-footb ... ough-2018/
golfnut69
Green Wave

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 pm

wave97 wrote:
Currently, the school pays $1 million a year to use the stadium (166,666 per game 6 home games). For a new 30-year lease, the Eagles are asking for $2 million a year plus $12 million up front(333,333.00 per game 6 home games).

who the hell gives the Eagles the right to ask for anything...The City of Brotherly Love, owns the dump
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Financial_Field
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Tsunami

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:15 pm

We clearly had a sweetheart deal at the Dome, but then again, it went back to when the Dome was built, and how Tulane was joined at the hip with the birth of the Saints. The later days of Tulane in the Dome, when we were drawing 5K fans (and I say that's generous, given I could count the fans one year at Homecoming) the Dome was a morgue. I don't regret our move back to Campus, I just wish we didn't cave to the NIMBYs.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Pepper
Surge

Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Contrary to popular belief, Benson was making it difficult on SMG when it came to Tulane playing the night before Saints games. I witnessed Sidwell walking around with a video camera filming garbage cans that were not emptied for Sunday game day. The Saints wanted zero events held in the dome on Saturday of saints home games.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
wave97
Swell

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:14 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
wave97 wrote:

who the hell gives the Eagles the right to ask for anything...The City of Brotherly Love, owns the dump
Jeffrey Lurie and the Eagles were given the right to sublet the stadium as they see fit. The City of Philadelphia & State of Pennsylvania hack politicians in plain sight caved to the Eagles extortion (and got re-elected!).
The only franchise owner who I know of, who never received a public nickel for any of his sports venues was Ed Snider, owner Philadelphia Flyers. He founded the Flyers and Spectacor and merged with Comcast and they ultimately purchased NBC Universal. I could tell you stories about the behind the scenes generosity of Ed Snider that would bring tears to your eyes. His former players to a man would do everything but kill for him.
He was the definition of the word Mensch, sadly he died two years ago.
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Green Wave

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:28 pm

wave97 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:14 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
wave97 wrote:

Jeffrey Lurie and the Eagles were given the right to sublet the stadium as they see fit. The City of Philadelphia & State of Pennsylvania hack politicians in plain sight caved to the Eagles extortion (and got re-elected!).
The only franchise owner who I know of, who never received a public nickel for any of his sports venues was Ed Snider, owner Philadelphia Flyers. He founded the Flyers and Spectacor and merged with Comcast and they ultimately purchased NBC Universal. I could tell you stories about the behind the scenes generosity of Ed Snider that would bring tears to your eyes. His former players to a man would do everything but kill for him.
He was the definition of the word Mensch, sadly he died two years ago.
What the hell !!!!... A stadium built with public funds is being held hostage by a private company ?.. A public university wants to use the stadium for their games and this POS dictates terms...are the people of Pennsylvania that f#@king stupid ?...i can see if there was a convention or some type of private event...but for a public school to use a publicly funded facility and the eagles get to dictate terms, the elected officials from Louisiana must have been consulted prior to the agreement being signed !!!!...I don't watch the NFL, nor do I buy any NFL merchandise, but this is crazy...I mean where are the Eagles going to relocate to, ..Albuqrerque ?
wave97
Swell

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Few things in this world would make me happier than seeing the NFL just go away. What a debacle.