"Oliver N. Blue" --- where is he now?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

Any info --- anyone?

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
TURVS71
Swell

No info and I don't really know the guy.

Perhaps he is realizing that he and his family no longer have that "pull" that they once had. I do appreciate all that he has done and the fact that he and his father were the ones that brought the "review" public and allowed the saving of the program.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
sader24
Tsunami

I believe he posted on YOGWF a couple of months ago that he was done because he was upset with 2 or 3 of the posters "negative" tone when they had the audacity to question whether or not the university really was upping the commitment to sports. I guess he switched sides for some reason.
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

Oliver N. blue is a supporter of the program in big way financially, as in annual unrestricted money. A great guy in fact.

Right now I imagine that he, like others who in past "support Tulane no matter what" and have just read Dickson's numbingly contradictory remarks in the Hullbaloo, are having a gut wrenching epiphany regarding Rick Dickson and his deceitful boss Scott Cowen.

If he is not, then he shall be had yet again in future.
sader24
Tsunami

I think it's pretty telling that there are 3 pages on YOGWF of posters basically bashing Dickson over this and the university and JTS is nowhere to be found. It's pretty hard for even the most ardent YES MAN to read that interview and not realize that the administration has surrendered athletically.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:I think it's pretty telling that there are 3 pages on YOGWF of posters basically bashing Dickson over this and the university and JTS is nowhere to be found. It's pretty hard for even the most ardent YES MAN to read that interview and not realize that the administration has surrendered athletically.
Right. It would be hard to argue that the guy hasnt been covering for Dickson and helping distort the message for years. He's banned lots of people but you cant ban literally everyone.
JTLiuzza
Swell

sader24 wrote:I think it's pretty telling that there are 3 pages on YOGWF of posters basically bashing Dickson over this and the university and JTS is nowhere to be found. It's pretty hard for even the most ardent YES MAN to read that interview and not realize that the administration has surrendered athletically.
That's because he's played out. His "class and dignity" schtick doesn't fly anymore. Just months ago he was going on with his typical snide tone about this "big announcement" that he, being an insider and all, was in on and it would shift the paradigm, be beyond anyone's wildest dreams, or whatever other hyperbolic baloney he put forth.

Well guess what? He was either lying or is now realizing that he was taken in as a dupe by the very people whose water he's been carrying for years. That he and his site has done it's level best to silence any questioning of the Cowen/Dickson regime which thereby makes him complicit. Any wonder why I refer to them as the worst fans in college football? That site is and has been for years part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The people who are complaining there now are the same ones who ridiculed and marginalized anyone who dared to speak up in the past for pointing out the very things that they are only now realizing.

I said it before, Cowen showed what he is in 2003. Here it is 8 years later and some people are finally beginning to wake up. I hope it's not too late.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

1ndabag wrote:
That's because he's played out. His "class and dignity" schtick doesn't fly anymore. Just months ago he was going on with his typical snide tone about this "big announcement" that he, being an insider and all, was in on and it would shift the paradigm, be beyond anyone's wildest dreams, or whatever other hyperbolic baloney he put forth.

Well guess what? He was either lying or is now realizing that he was taken in as a dupe by the very people whose water he's been carrying for years. That he and his site has done it's level best to silence any questioning of the Cowen/Dickson regime which thereby makes him complicit. Any wonder why I refer to them as the worst fans in college football? That site is and has been for years part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The people who are complaining there now are the same ones who ridiculed and marginalized anyone who dared to speak up in the past for pointing out the very things that they are only now realizing.

I said it before, Cowen showed what he is in 2003. Here it is 8 years later and some people are finally beginning to wake up. I hope it's not too late.
Excellent post.
RWR
Swell

1ndabag wrote:

+1