Huh???????????

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

Which current Div I head coach said the following: "We will continue to use a pro-style spread offense similar to the New Orleans Saints schemes."

Here's a hint: He is coach at a CUSA school located in the same city as the pro team he refers to.

Another hint: His offense is so unpredictable that you can't see any resemblance to the Saints' offense.

Last hint: He is delusional.

First correct answer wins two season tickets to Wave football. All subsequent answers, correct or not, receive four season tickets!

RWR
Swell

Buffet Bob aka the big boob. BTW, you can keep the tix.
Green Wave
Swell

Pro style spread offense. That is sort of a hybrid. It really has little to do with the actual spread formation which would not fit well with TU talent pool.

Actual spread formation:

-------- :mrgreen: -------- :D :) :o :) :D -------- :mrgreen:
------------- :mrgreen: ---------- :ugeek: ------------ :mrgreen: --- :mrgreen:

This formation has no RBs

No Darkwa. Not going to happen much in the Tulane scheme. Field 5 quality wide outs at the same time with reserves behind them. I don’t think so.

Different offensive Philosophy (not just one formation but a combination of formations that embody the overall philosophy)

Smash Mouth
West Coast
Run n Gun
vertical
option
balanced

So what exactly is the Tulane Philosophy?

I would say based on Toledo’s explanation and where our recruitment has gone it would be West Coast with a serving of smash mouth.
Some formations used in west coast:

There seem to be two dominant formations in West Coast

The Pro set followed closely by single back.

Then there is the Quad formation which presents a quasi spread offense with a RB no TE and 4 wide outs. Another formation used in west coast would be shotgun and the weak formation which is sorta like I set but the FB lines up on weak side closer to line than the RB as opposed to the I which stacks the backfield with QB/FB/RB right behind each other.

In looking at the Toledo quote, it would seem to be Pro set formation and quad formation as the dominant formations to be employed within the overall frame work of the west coast philosophy. That would explain the WR recruitment but not all the way due to the large number of TEs that have been recruited. So I am going to say that a TE or more than one will be converted to other positions or Toledo is going to incorporate A Smash mouth formation into the West Coast philosophy. I am going to guess and say that would probably be the double TE formation which would give you four receivers but with much more blocking capability for the one back offense.
ROLL WAVE!
Dupergreenie
Surge

remember we went from the 'spread' back to 'power' football against army because their defense was too good....
RWR
Swell

RR's no huddle spread included the RB. Based on his past and our recruiting we'll be back in the wco and he'll be gone after next season.