Oh Joy, the hitless wonders are back.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Another pathetic performance at the plate. Lose to WSU 3-2. 2011 is back and another LOOOONG season of no hitting is under way! The Tulane Collapsers would be a better name for our men's athletics. And before you all start saying it is too early to say baseball is collapsing just wait, time will prove me right.

wave to em
Surge

Wave lose 3-2. I was excited about this team at first but now they are looking like last years team. This team won't do well in cusa. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
wave to em
Surge

And btw, don't be fooled by their name, witchita St. Is not a good team this year.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
Bigschtick
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote:Image

Your Point? LOL
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wave to em wrote:And btw, don't be fooled by their name, witchita St. Is not a good team this year.
It's still early in the season but WS has a RPI in the 40's which should help us if we take the next two games on the road.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
msdos
Swell

is it mapes today?
RWR
Swell

Napoli throws today.
GREEN13
Ripple

I guess you missed today's game!!! We hit well! We will be pretty good this year! You can tell because we are winning and not moving the batting order around! That is usually a sign of a good Rick Jones team!!!!!
rollinggreen
High Tide

Today was nice but will they do it against Rice, USM, Houston and UCF? That is what I mean about time will prove it out. WSU is not the same WSU as in the past. Yesterday bases loaded, one out and you get two veterans to the plate who pop out to 1st and strike out. When these situations arise, you cannot continually get zero runs. Yes the LSU pitcher looked good but we did not take the bats off of our shoulders. I am glad Tulane won but the big picture does not look promising. By the way, I follow all games so that is why i make these comments. Hope I am wrong but generally hit the nail on the head.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

rollinggreen wrote:Today was nice but will they do it against Rice, USM, Houston and UCF? That is what I mean about time will prove it out. WSU is not the same WSU as in the past. Yesterday bases loaded, one out and you get two veterans to the plate who pop out to 1st and strike out. When these situations arise, you cannot continually get zero runs. Yes the LSU pitcher looked good but we did not take the bats off of our shoulders. I am glad Tulane won but the big picture does not look promising. By the way, I follow all games so that is why i make these comments. Hope I am wrong but generally hit the nail on the head.
Relax, we are a much better team this year. Every now and then we are going to make errors and not hit or pitch well enough to win, that's baseball. We win on Sunday and we will be in good shape.
Tulane Class of 1981
wave to em
Surge

We suck again. Witchita St, 3 tu 0...We get shutout twice this weekend. When football season!!!! Yikes
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
rollinggreen wrote:Today was nice but will they do it against Rice, USM, Houston and UCF? That is what I mean about time will prove it out. WSU is not the same WSU as in the past. Yesterday bases loaded, one out and you get two veterans to the plate who pop out to 1st and strike out. When these situations arise, you cannot continually get zero runs. Yes the LSU pitcher looked good but we did not take the bats off of our shoulders. I am glad Tulane won but the big picture does not look promising. By the way, I follow all games so that is why i make these comments. Hope I am wrong but generally hit the nail on the head.
Every now and then we are going to make errors and not hit or pitch well enough to win, that's baseball.
Another one of those days.
Tulane Class of 1981
Highwave
Low Tide

Most concerning is Schaeffer's RISP performance to date. Needs to start stepping up.
WaveCan
Low Tide

Highwave wrote:Most concerning is Schaeffer's RISP performance to date. Needs to start stepping up.
Schaeffer, like all of his teammates the past 4 years, has struggled with RISP his entire career. I wouldn't expect that to change suddenly now. Same story as last year... waiting for the hitting to come around. If we can stay healthy on the mound and hit at least the same as last year we should win more games this season. We'll see if it's enough to return to post-season play.