Official Final Ranking of this years Recruiting from Rivals.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

Ranking Index
Rivals Final Ranking of Conference USA for this year.
Last updated on 2/3/11 at 12:00 AM ET

All PositionsQBRBWRTEOLDTDELBDBKATHRank School Total Five-starCommits Four-starCommits Three-starCommits Avg Stars
#recruits,5 Star, 4 Star, 3 Star, Average Score
#1 Southern Methodist 28 0 1 20 2.79
#2 UCF 26 0 1 18 2.77
#3 Marshall 29 0 0 18 2.62
#4 Memphis 29 0 0 17 2.59
#5 East Carolina 26 0 1 8 2.38
#6 Houston 22 0 0 16 2.73
#7 Southern Miss 25 0 0 15 2.60
#8 Rice 19 0 0 13 2.68
#9 Tulsa 23 0 0 12 2.52
#10 UAB 25 0 0 9 2.36
#11 Tulane 22 0 0 5 2.23
#12 UTEP 21 0 0 2 2.10

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this means jak crap..rankings 1-4 had almost 30 sign, what a joke...rankinings 5 on ..and you can throw a putter cover around them
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

You know what we can believe the coaches and administration all we want but go check some of the guys the other teams have signed. Until we win I think Rivals has been right on with our recruiting ratings. We are finishing where they consistently rank us. Yes you can miss on 1 or 2 guys but overall we are continuing to get out recruited. Check Memphis they were last in the conference and got 17 legit 3 Star Players. Check out the stats and profiles of these player. They are legit.
gbgreenie
Surge

By the way 69 check out the Average, we are a 2.2 not good.
JTLiuzza
Swell

I agree that the rivals star ranking leaves a lot to be desired but, unless one of it's flaws is that it has a bias against Tulane versus other CUSA schools, which it doesn't, here we are second to last. In other words, the admittedly flawed rating system looked at all schools in our league in the same way and decided that we are 11 out of 12. Does anybody think that we should somehow have been ranked near the top of the league or substantially higher than 11th? I don't.

Now here is where the rah-rah, all is well, class and dignity, it's not about where we've been but where we're going types start talking about "diamonds in the rough" or "under the radar" recruiting.

And don't forget one of the main reasons Dickson retained and extended Toledo was the quality of recruiting.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
gbgreenie
Surge

I deal in facts not rah rah. When Tulane was winning in the 70's and 80's we would sneak up and get 2 or 3 off of the Times Picayune Blue Chip List. We are not even on radar with these kids. That tells me something. We are only getting everyone elses left overs. How many of our recruits were recruited by SEC or BCS schools not many. If they were so good someone would have at least looked at them even if they would not offer.
sader24
Tsunami

I don't understand how people discount rivals when often their recruiting rankings mirror exactly how the teams finish during the season. It's fairly obvious from a talent standpoint that we're bottom 1/3 of CUSA and that's where we consistently get ranked recruiting wise. I don't understand why people think Toledo is a good recruiter? Is it cause he signs 22 kids? In my opinion he's the worst recruiter we've had in the last 20 years. Mack Brown was way better, Teevans was better, Bowden better, Scelfo way better. We literally compete for nobody. We used to at least compete, we lost Talman Gardner last second to FSU, we got Joseph, Harris, and Taulli from Shaw, we got Converse, we had Jasmin till Bowden set sail, we got Elpheage, Roydel Williams, Bullock, lost Josh Reed at the last second. It seems we are not even close on any big players in the state ever. That's a huge problem.
tnelly15
Riptide

I dont put much stock into rivals or any star ratings. When I see Boise having a class ranked around 70 I can't really trust it. These rankings may hold true, but I'll wait till these guys step on the field before judging the class.
glennc
Low Tide

Bottomline. We are no longer recruiting against LSU. We are now recruiting against McNeese State and nicholls State. this is pathetic.
sader24
Tsunami

What is Boise St. ranking as far as WAC teams go? If I had to guess I would assume its at the top. We are 11th in CuSA every year.
St. Amant Wave
Ripple

11th in CUSA. That says it all :oops: For all those on YOGWF drinking the Kool-Ade Bob Toledo and Rick Dickson are esposing, this is your reality check. This is why we are consistently finishing at or near the cellar. Pathetic recruiting. Oh, sure, we signed a couple of good running backs and tight ends, but when you're beating Bucknell and Maine for recruits it don't look promising! :oops:
whodatwavefan
Ripple

Well. fwiw. Tulane would have been ranked 7th out of 10 in recruiting if we were in the Sunbelt. :oops:
Middle TN and W. KY. had multiple 3* signees from the FL panhandle. NOLA is about 1/3 the distance here than these schools. We get recruits from MA, NE and NJ so this puzzles me.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

At this point, I put far more credence on what Rivals says than anything coming out of Tulane. If we are 11 out of 12 in CUSA recruiting, there is no reason to believe we won't be 11 out of 12 on the field--which is exactly where we have been for longer than I can remember. The truth often hurts, even if it comes from Rivals.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana