Tulane vs Rice recruiting per Rivals

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

According to Rivals Rice got (12) 3 Star recruits and Tulane only 5. We keep bragging every year about recruits but our record every year tends to favor what Rivals rates our players, not what our coaches and administration says. We are fed BS every year it seems.

gbgreenie
Surge

Check all of Conference USA and the only Team the Wave beat in recruiting per Rivals is Texas El Paso; Of special note check out SMU,Memphis, and Marshall. Bright future based off this yrs class.

3 Star 4 Star
Tulane 5
Texas El Paso 2
SMU 20 1
Houston 16
UAB 8
UCF 17 1
Southern Miss 14
Memphis 17
Marshall 18
East Carolina 9 1
Tulsa 12
rollinggreen
High Tide

Yep. I stopped swallowing the spoon fed crap many years ago. It is what it is and the W-L record tells the facts.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Somebody better tell Cowen that Rice is about to follow TCU, SMU and Tulsa and detach from Tulane's hip.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

Houston: Do you think he cares? It has to be evident to all by now that Cowen with Dickson's unwitting help are out to destroy Tulane athletics and we will not be winning any awards for academics. Is there not someone that Cowen has to answer to? Apparently, just the yes men he appointed. This is so sad.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Oh I definitely realize he doesn't care. But I can't help but highlight how off base his comment was, made approximately a year ago, about how Tulane was attached at the hip with TCU, SMU and Rice. Even then anyone who knows anything about those universities knew that efforts at TCU, SMU and Rice were underway to improve themselves, while Cowen et al sat on their duffs and contemplated their navels. As Forest Gump would say, "loser is as loser does".
Tulane is the University of Louisiana