Steve, a general question about FB recruiting.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

It seems to me that just about every year, Tulane gets very few (or no) football players from the River Parish area. I notice that (with the exception of the young man from Dutchtown) Tulane got shut out of players from that general area again this year. I am talking about high schools like Hahnville, Destrehan, E. St. John, St. James, Lutcher, St. Amant, E. Ascension, St. Charles Catholic, Riverside, and others. This general area bordering on the Miss. River (starting from about Jefferson/St. Charles Parishes and ending around Ascension/East Baton Rouge Parishes) produces football players by the shipload each year, and it seems to me that Tulane is not very energetic about going after most of these players.

Are most of these young men lacking academically to go to Tulane, or does Tulane really not care about looking at most of this football talent? What gives?

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
timlan2057
Ripple

I wonder if here is where the "Tulane model" breaks down. I emphasize "wonder," because I have no statistics on academics from the River Parish area. Yes, it undoubtedly produces football players and is a honey hole for LSU.

Tulane did a great job this year picking up New Orleans kids who can play--obviously the Wave will not presently get more than one or two that LSU is interested in.

But if Tulane football can repeat this pattern in the River Parishes, while continuing to recruit relatively successfully in NOLA--then there is some hope for the program, assuming Gibson Hall becomes a help and not a hindrance.
LSUA Student, LSU Fan, , and Proud Tulane Band Parent
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

If you're asking this Stephen, I actually walked onto the team so I couldn't tell you. Sadly, I'm not that much in the know when it comes to recruiting (areas, star rankings, and all that jazz).
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)