TU changes USM tip-off to 3pm to avoid Saints conflict

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

First CUSA home game.
Let's hope Tulane moves tip-off to noon on Saturday. Saints playoff game wins out for me if both remain at 7pm.
Last edited by tpstulane on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

They'd be foolish to play the game any later than Noon. Might actually make it a double header if they play it early enough. Not a bad Saturday.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Got this email last week............
ROLL WAVE!

Join Tulane Alumni and Friends
for a Pre-Game Tailgate
January 7th, 2012

Bea Field Alumni House
Willow Street Lawn
6319 Willow St.
New Orleans

Tailgating Festivities begin at 3pm
Tip Off at 7pm

Let's Celebrate our 12 & 2 Green Wave Men's Basketball Team as
they take on Conference USA rival Southern Mississippi!

We will gather at the newly renovated Bea Field Alumni House, then walk to Fogelman for the game.
Parking available in Diboll Garage
Tailgate includes food and beverages
$10
RSVP HERE
To purchase game tickets, click HERE
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

3pm? Sounds like a great post game, preSaints event!
RWR
Swell

The best move would be to change the game to Friday or Sunday. Saturday will belong to the Saints. Their will be massive tailgating going on at the Dome.
wavedat
Swell

Note to Tulane and CUSA: as long as Brees and Payton are w/the Saints Tulane should never schedule a home game on either of the 1st two weekends of the NFL playoffs.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
JDTulane
Riptide

wavedat wrote:Note to Tulane and CUSA: as long as Brees and Payton are w/the Saints Tulane should never schedule a home game on either of the 1st two weekends of the NFL playoffs.
You mean Tulane and Big12? :mrgreen:

:(
wavedat
Swell

Appreciate the smiley face jd but if it's another conference it will be the sunbelt not the Big 12.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
Twave
Ripple

Tulane submitted a request for a time change. It now has to be agreed upon by both USM and the CUSA office.
elcantro
Ripple

Tulane vs. USM has been moved to 3:00 pm.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

elcantro wrote:Tulane vs. USM has been moved to 3:00 pm.
Great news! I would have loved noon but at least at 3pm the game should end at 5:15pm and I can make it back to Covington before Saints 7pm kickoff.

Note to Ed Conroy for next season. No more 7pm weekend games. Basketball should be at noon or the lastest 2pm on weekends.
(Georgia Tech) That should be our football time slot.
Tulane Class of 1981
RWR
Swell

I and others I know like the 7:00 games. People's children still have their own athletic events in the afternoon and early afternoon won't work for hungover students. It didn't work out for this weekend but it's preferable to many.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RWR wrote:I and others I know like the 7:00 games. Early afternoon won't work for hungover students. It didn't work out for this weekend but it's preferable to many.
When I was a student and hungover I made every early game. No excuse.
I bet you weren't there during the Perry Clark days...........
Tulane Class of 1981
RWR
Swell

You're the exception to the rule due to your background. I was around for Perry but as much as I like EC we aren't anywhere near those days.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RWR wrote:You're the exception to the rule due to your background. I was around for Perry but as much as I like EC we aren't anywhere near those days.
Students were camping out on Friday nights hoping they would get into the gym for the early tipoffs on Sat afternoon.
Tulane Class of 1981
RWR
Swell

Like I said we aren't anywhere near those days. More importantly you're talking about more than 15 years ago. A lot has changed. Like I noted earlier there are a lot more sport offerings that people have their children, male and female, involved in and they aren't missing that for Tulane athletics.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RWR wrote:Like I said we aren't anywhere near those days. More importantly you're talking about more than 15 years ago. A lot has changed. Like I noted earlier there are a lot more sport offerings that people have their children, male and female, involved in and they aren't missing that for Tulane athletics.
I know and but that's what losing will do. When we were going to the NCAA's (I believe 3 out of 4 years at one point) people would not miss for anything.
Tulane basketball was an event.
Tulane Class of 1981