Official Curtis Johnson Assistant Coach/Staff Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wavetime
Swell

threeputt
High Tide

Shannon runs the pro style offense .. Which I am fine with but I know a lot of yall want the spread ..

Either way Shannon would be a HUGE get for an OC :D
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I thought Shannon would be the DC...Eric Price is the OC/Q'backs coach at Memphis
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
superwavefan
High Tide

threeputt wrote:Shannon runs the pro style offense .. Which I am fine with but I know a lot of yall want the spread ..

Either way Shannon would be a HUGE get for an OC :D
awesome, another WCO experiment. Fun Times Ahead!
threeputt
High Tide

golfnut69 wrote:I thought Shannon would be the DC...Eric Price is the OC/Q'backs coach at Memphis

You're probably corretc. I really do not know what I am talking about :lol:

I do know that Shannon ran the pro style at Da U but really have no clue about his potential emplyment at Da Paul Tulane U
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'm not going to hope for anyone in particular and be letdown once again. But when I get the scoop I'll post it here ASAP.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

We shouldnt hire anyone from Memphis, unless its Larry Porter as a Rb coach. That's it.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Defensive Coordinator Lionel Washington

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... _curt.html
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:Defensive Coordinator Lionel Washington

+1
tpstulane wrote:I've just been told that CJ and Lionel may have worked it out, so I'm thinking now Lionel may end up on the staff.
Last week one of my sources told me that the Saints would remain 1st priority for CJ until they're done.
So I'm betting he'll stay with the Saints until after the NFL season for the Saints is over, and then he'll work the Tulane gig in his spare time for now.
Posted that last night.......
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

No offense to CJ or LW- but now we have a part-time coach until possibly after the Super Bowl, and a DC with no coordinator experience. why would Shannon come to work for someone less qualified to be HC than he is? This just keeps getting better.... :oops: :evil:
HSV
High Tide

Lionel Washington added to staff...others soon?

on edit: sorry..didn't see NolaSteve's post earlier
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I found the press conference to be, shall we say, underwhelming. But I'm going to reserve my views to what happens on the field, and I hope Cujo proves to be a fantastic coach. And I hope that RD got very lucky, because I know skill had nothing to do with it.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
superwavefan
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote:I found the press conference to be, shall we say, underwhelming. But I'm going to reserve my views to what happens on the field, and I hope Cujo proves to be a fantastic coach. And I hope that RD got very lucky, because I know skill had nothing to do with it.
Oh. My. God.

This was my worst nightmare unfolding before my eyes and I couldn't do anything to stop it. Saying this is awful is an understatement.

He's afraid of Cowen?! He's not leaving the Saints until after the end of the season?!

If you are not alarmed you need to be.

I went from ho-hum, to "show me", to concerned and now I want to run screaming down the street in a panic. "Hide yo wives, Hide yo friends" cause this is gonna be one scary ride.

If he's not going to recruit and next year is a mulligan - then why didn't we just keep Hutson!?
JTLiuzza
Swell

superwavefan wrote:If he's not going to recruit and next year is a mulligan - then why didn't we just keep Hutson!?
Yep. It's worse than that. The next 3-4 years are going to be a mulligan. After all, he has to build his program.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Robert1969
Riptide

27 years of high school and college coaching experience. He hasn't been a coordinator or a head coach -- not even in high school. The more I learn about the guy, the more depressing the situation gets:

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 11aaf.html

Just sickening.
wave to em
Surge

<<<<<<<<<< HIRE THAT GUY<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
bring him on as a WR coach/ asst HC.
TROOPER
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
Robert1969
Riptide

I love it. Looking at Tulane's website where they have a bunch of people talking about how great CJ is for Tulane. One problem, not one of them has a stake in Tulane football. Not one. Not one of them is even a Tulane fan.

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 11aac.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Stephen Segari for DL Coach.
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:No one in mind yet..........
http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2 ... ime_f.html
Curtis Johnson wrote:I thought I'd be a head coach at a pop warner team first.

:roll:
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Q: What are you going to sell to the players?
Curtis Johnson wrote:This is a great education. This is a 40 year decision... If you get a degree from Tulane, you will get the opportunity to be taken care of for the rest of your life. Get a great job. This degree holds alot.
He is already drinking the Kool-Aid. The education is great and all, but I'm telling you, the majority of 18 year old wide-eyed recruits coming out of high school want to be told they can make it to the NFL. Believe it or not, but this is the way it is. Football first, education second.

We are what we are.
Roll Wave!
Robert1969
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:
tpstulane wrote:No one in mind yet..........
http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2 ... ime_f.html
Curtis Johnson wrote:I thought I'd be a head coach at a pop warner team first.

:roll:
I thought the same exact thing. He knows he's not qualified. I think we are going to find out that Tom Benson pulled the strings on this one. I think we are going to find out that the donation he made for the stadium came with the condition of hiring CJ. The more I hear of this, the more depressed I get.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wanna be the Linebackers coach !!! all I will look for in my recruits and players are three things

1-Mobility
2- Agility
3- Hostility

oh yeah and the ability to score 1200 on the SAT or is it the ACT ??? I get confused !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:Q: What are you going to sell to the players?
Curtis Johnson wrote:This is a great education. This is a 40 year decision... If you get a degree from Tulane, you will get the opportunity to be taken care of for the rest of your life. Get a great job. This degree holds alot.
He is already drinking the Kool-Aid. The education is great and all, but I'm telling you, the majority of 18 year old wide-eyed recruits coming out of high school want to be told they can make it to the NFL. Believe it or not, but this is the way it is. Football first, education second.

We are what we are.
Not realistic. People who are interested in playing in the NFL are not going to look at Tulane seriously.
greenie78
Riptide

CJ will be his own offensive coordinator. I'd be stunned if he didn't call his own plays.

Randy Shannon is a defensive coach. Miami has always run the pro style offense. Why would he change it when he was the head coach there? He should be the DC over LW because of his experience.