Good work Tammy Nunez and Ken Trahan

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I know Tammy got grilled by many on the message boards but in the end and for the most part along the way she was right. I know Tulane kept her out of the loop but to her credit the stories she published were right on with the exception of Tommy Bowden being offered. (that came out of left field) It's funny how the so called insiders said she and the media didn't know what they were talking about and yet we end up with CJ a guy she and Ken Trahan reported as the leader weeks ago.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

As I stated directly after Slatten's original post, we have the most gullible insiders of all time. These same boosters continue to be taken for a ride by Dickson and Cowen. They are totally clueless. Big time boosters from other schools wouldn't stand for this sh*t.
JDTulane
Riptide

I heard the Tommy Bowden stuff WAS true.
sader24
Tsunami

You heard wrong. Got it from the Horse's mouth.
BC Wave
Swell

Without getting into the politics of this whole process, I sincerely wonder what will the fallout be (if any) from the big donors. Do they feel hoodwinked or will they give "attaboys" to sc/rd for giving it the ole (non aq) college try.
sader24
Tsunami

Well RD and SC have been playing them for fools for over a decade, why would it stop now.
torbida
Surge

hopefully those boosters will pressure the Manatee to can dick ricky.
JTLiuzza
Swell

Doug Hertz recently said if he didn't think Tulane was serious, why would he be ponying up money. Good question, Doug. Maybe because you bought the bullshit? He's the guy on the board who is supposedly responsible for all issues regarding intercollegiate athletics. I've only been honed for tens of thousands. Doug is in the tank for millions.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Show Me
Tsunami

1ndabag wrote: I've only been honed for tens of thousands. Doug is in the tank for millions.
Good one! Indabag!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
sader24
Tsunami

Is Rick Dickson going to literally Waive a White Flag tomorrow at the Press Conference? He certainly did it figuratively. He basically just gave up.
Show Me
Tsunami

sader24 wrote:Is Rick Dickson going to literally Waive a White Flag tomorrow at the Press Conference? He certainly did it figuratively. He basically just gave up.
The entire coaching community knows what they will be up against. CJ wanted Tulane more than Tulane wanted him. But due to the past neglect as RD would say, "We are what we are". Because of the dynamic duos decade or so of neglect this job (once at top 40 one) is now about at the bottom around 120 or lower.

We need to keep the pressure on RD and SC to fullfill the promises they told the fans months back.
Like I said "Show Me"
Yet they still have not.
sader24
Tsunami

A positive thought is that CJ has been on the best staff in the NFL for 5 years. A negative thought is so was Doug Marrone.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ever get the feeling, after listening to RD or SC, they would make excellent used car reps on Vet's hwy or Perez drive in Chalmette
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Highwave
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:It's funny how the so called insiders said she and the media didn't know what they were talking about and yet we end up with CJ a guy she and Ken Trahan reported as the leader weeks ago.
CJ was not the leader for weeks. His hiring is not a vindication of Tammy's reporting of the search- which was awful.

Time to get behind CJ and support him - no sense in rehashing the process.
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:ever get the feeling, after listening to RD or SC, they would make excellent used car reps on Vet's hwy or Perez drive in Chalmette

Not true, nobody would be stupid or gullible enough to buy into their BS except perhaps for one fellow from Atlanta on that other forum.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!