Other NCAA Football coaching changes

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ajcalhoun
Swell

LGD wrote: Malzahn was the OC of a national championship squad, that carries more weight than just being a local guy.
I'm not defending the CJ hiring, but Malzahn became pretty ordinary once Cam Newton left.

God Bless Everyone!
DrBox
Riptide

LGD wrote:
DrBox wrote:Well, one could argue that CJ has an advantage over a lot of those coordinators - he has connections here and should recruit gangbusters.
We made serious offers to the right guys: Monken (a level above those other coordinators, imo), RR and ML. Now we may have butchered the negotiations, I don't know.
Otherwise, Dickson wanted guys with head coaching experience. It makes little since for Hudspeth to come here - he'll get a better job in a year. Then we came MAC coaches, most of whom are eastern and midwest guys. I'd rather CJ than the other 2 with experience: Haywood or Jagz.
McGee was interesting, but I'm a little leery of Petrino coordinators (Paul didn't exactly excel at Illinois). Malzhan is just weird.
Malzahn was the OC of a national championship squad, that carries more weight than just being a local guy.
Cam Newton
His best work was at Tulsa. His work at Auburn, without Newton, has been so-so.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Todd Graham to Arizona State...now Pitt is looking for a coach..hmmm, wonda if Mullen is on da radar
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Fat Harry
Low Tide

golfnut69 wrote:Todd Graham to Arizona State...now Pitt is looking for a coach..hmmm, wonda if Mullen is on da radar
Apparently he sent a text to be distributed to the players notifying them that he was leaving...what a chump.
Poseidon
Trickle

sader24 wrote:Let's be honest here, UAB, Memphis, Ark. St, FAU have all managed to get major coordinators. This makes the search that much more terrible. It's fairly obvious that the stories about our administration's incompetence and how hard they make it to win here have gotten around the coaching world.

^
That 100x
sader24 wrote:I think it's safe to say at this point the College Coaching world considers this the Worst job in the Country.
Now way. UAB and Arky St (supposedly) can't outbid Tulane. Malzahn went for 800,000 grand. We were paying Toledo around 600,000.
If they can then RD and SC are playing small ball unlike they promised.
Either way they could have gotten a more experienced coach.

This is nothing against CJ, if I was him they offered me the job, I would take it.

RD can't make good hires period. If CJ succeeds it will still have been a gamble by RD.