Rivals 120 list Tulane 86 for 2010 & maybe a bowl in 11!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Green Wave
Swell

2010:

86. Tulane (4-8)
BUZZ: The Green Wave had some young players who played key roles this season, and they should go into next season with legit bowl hopes.

Complete list:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... ID=1175238

Damn site better than 2008 finish:

115. TULANE (2-10)
The buzz: The Green Wave need a talent infusion. Even in Conference USA they're overmatched.

The future is soooooo bright I gotta wear shades! 8-)

ROLL WAVE!
timlan2057
Ripple

Getting to a bowl would be a start.

Potential nice season next season--the Hawaii trip, and I hope, a bowl after that.

Now ... would Cowen then say: "This is just the first small step. We have a long way to go to restore our football program to prominence"?

I don't mean to be cynical; I'm only going by what I've seen the last three years:

Scott would probably crow that a Tulane trip to the Poulan Weedeater Toilet Bowl in Podunk Junction was the proof that the "Tulane Model" is successful.
LSUA Student, LSU Fan, , and Proud Tulane Band Parent
JTLiuzza
Swell

timlan2057 wrote:Scott would probably crow that a Tulane trip to the Poulan Weedeater Toilet Bowl in Podunk Junction was the proof that the "Tulane Model" is successful.
I don't think you're being cynical at all. And your quote above is exactly what would happen, not only from Scott and Rick, but from their sycophants in what's left of the fan base as well. The trouble is, they'd all be wrong.

I'll be tickled as anybody else if we make the Weedeater Fish Bowl or whatever. But I won't delude myself into thinking that we've somehow "turned a corner." Consistent success in football is not possible under the present model, period.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

I agree with both of you people. The only way that Tulane would have "turned the football corner" (in my eyes) would be if they played for a league championship. If you think about it, that would be a return to the 1997-1998 years when Cowen arrived here. Playing in the NOLA Bowl would be OK, but nothing could match returning to Memphis to play in the Liberty Bowl.
1ndabag wrote:
timlan2057 wrote:Scott would probably crow that a Tulane trip to the Poulan Weedeater Toilet Bowl in Podunk Junction was the proof that the "Tulane Model" is successful.
I don't think you're being cynical at all. And your quote above is exactly what would happen, not only from Scott and Rick, but from their sycophants in what's left of the fan base as well. The trouble is, they'd all be wrong.

I'll be tickled as anybody else if we make the Weedeater Fish Bowl or whatever. But I won't delude myself into thinking that we've somehow "turned a corner." Consistent success in football is not possible under the present model, period.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Green Wave
Swell

I would have to say anyone in a position to claim credit for Tulane's success could not help themselves not to do so. Consider the source and what happens when you make that source a workable program. You get spirited off to greener pastures in College Fooball land and the source which could start to benefit from future recruiting opps gets kicked in the head and goes spiraling back down into no talent ville. In 2011, Tulane will be once again approaching its infamous record for the third time of 9 losing seasons in a row. I dont know about you but I am getting sick of this merry go round. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My turning point is not 12 wins in a season but 3 seasons in a row with a winning record.

Care to guess the last time Tulane had 3 back to back winning seasons? :mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!