Emotion

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wavetime
Swell

I don't know what to feel. I am so depressed at our on field performance. It took us a decade to be irrelevant, and now we are. I am not going to rehash what we have already spoke of, but I am bummed,,,,,especially after last night. LSU is where they are due to our lack of commitment. We all know this. This is tough, I have always and continue to be an optimist, but a realistic optimist.

That being said, I do have hope on the horizon. I do think this time next year we will have a winning record and some great commits. I also believe that in2 to 3 years we will be in a bcs conference. I don't care who gets hired, as long as they are a proven winner at a good level. I hope the admin finally has gotten it!!!!

Jaxwave
Swell

Wavetime, don't do this to yourself. You need to eatchet down your ecxpectations so you don't jump off a bridge when the inevitable happens. If it goes well you can get elated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote:Wavetime, don't do this to yourself. You need to eatchet down your ecxpectations so you don't jump off a bridge when the inevitable happens. If it goes well you can get elated.
Exactly how I have survived following Tulane for over 40 years. Predict 4 wins a year (of course that doesn't always work either).
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

LSU is where they are because of THEIR COMMITMENT to win. They made a concious decision in DiNardo's last year to be a top 10 program. We've made a concious decision to be terrible.
msdos
Swell

sader24 wrote:We've made a concious decision to be terrible.
I disagree. I think Scotty and Rikki want to win, they just don't want to have to do anything.
Wavetime
Swell

Sader,

I agree with you about LSU. However, if we had a commitment to win then we would have many of the players they have had over the years since Saban first started over there. That is my point. We have all this talent and we just let it slip away. Before LSU, Miami and Nebraska hit this area hard and ascended to the top. We can be a local player again, but we need to start now.
sader24
Tsunami

I agree that we've made LSU's ascension alot easier, but they did go out and get Saban and made a concious decision to pursue being a top 10 team every year. After Dinardo they made all the right moves, will we make the right moves after Toledo? If we do I think we'll be a top 25 program sooner than later. I also don't think LSU will suffer too much from us if we get it together as they've become a National Brand at this point. They recruit anywhere in the country, it certainly wasnt that way in the late 90's.