Ryan Griffin

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RWR
Swell

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Headline should be..."A Healthy Ryan Griffen at Quarterback"...not what is now printed, who proof reads these things ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JTLiuzza
Swell

"...would go a long way Tulane's football team"

:roll:
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Aegis
High Tide

Would somebody please explain to him he does not have to eye screw his reciever. Looking off a DB does work.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aegis wrote:Would somebody please explain to him he does not have to eye screw his reciever. Looking off a DB does work.
I've been saying that since I first saw the Tulsa game on TV. He stares down his receivers. I think that's one of the reasons his receivers get no separation, especially on shorter routes.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tnelly15
Riptide

There were times where I thought he could be pretty good. He's changed my mind this season, we need a new starter next season.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Boy does he look like a lost puppy! He has turned into a turnover machine!
wave to em
Surge

idk ab the worst....but yeah, he's pretty bad
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
RobertM320
Green Wave

I've been watching most of the first half. It's currently 24-0. SMU just finished a two play, 85 yard TD drive. It seems like our defensive players have no ability to read what the offense is doing. They have no ability to adjust. On the 27 yard run, the RB was 20 yards downfield going up the sidelines, and the DB is still running stride for stride away from the play following the WR. On the TD play, our DB went way outside and was blocked out of the play, followed by poor tackling and poor hustle. Maybe some people say our team hasn't quit, but someone has.

Aren't these guys taught how to read and adjust on defense? Its not like any of our players should believe they can get by on natural talent. Those kinds of guys play in the SEC. I'm disappointed with the effort.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
baldboy
Low Tide

Come on people, really? This whole dam team has mailed it in, and you are gonna blame Griffin! Please be real! Listen, he isn't the answer but he sure aint the primary issue either! Very unfair post.
greenie78
Riptide

He's certainly not the best QB.

He can take a number with Joe Kemp, Lester Ritard, and Anthony Scelfo.
torbida
Surge

if they're mailin it in I hope the next coach snatches the scholly's of whatever lovers of losing are stinkin it up.take your sorriness somewhere else. Personally I cut the game off 17-0.Wonder if the rickster is interviewing coaches today-coach ofpoddunk jr college,sassyfrass school of cosmetology,etc.Penn St islooking for a new AD rikki dikki make the trip.
RobertM320
Green Wave

torbida wrote:if they're mailin it in I hope the next coach snatches the scholly's of whatever lovers of losing are stinkin it up.take your sorriness somewhere else. Personally I cut the game off 17-0.Wonder if the rickster is interviewing coaches today-coach ofpoddunk jr college,sassyfrass school of cosmetology,etc.Penn St islooking for a new AD rikki dikki make the trip.
We have an offense that can't move the ball, thereby putting a defense that can't stop anyone back on the field over and over again. Is it any wonder we keep getting blown out?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Personally,

I'd go into the locker room at halftime and tell all 22 starters they're sitting the bench the rest of the game. If you're not going to give the effort, you don't deserve to play. I'd even let whomever is backing up Ginsburgh do the punting the second half. We've got nothing to lose, but it would accomplish two things: it would give the backups some experience, AND it would send a message that anything less than 100% effort won't be tolerated. It's possible that message could result in a win against a team like Rice in two weeks.
torbida
Surge

Griffin could be hurt but that would show how stupid the coaches are.Hell Cowen and his ferret Dickson have stupiditytrademarked. :evil:
cajunwave
Ripple

Griffen is close to being the worst QB, but in my opinion this is the least talented team i have watched in the 49 years of closely following Tulane football. The new coach will have a total rebuilding job to do. For those of you who feel that we have talent but coaching is the reason we are losing, then we lack character. If we have character and are playing hard than we have no talent. The scores we are getting beat by bear this out. Either way we are in the worst shape as a football program that we have every been.

cajunwave
torbida
Surge

he makes Shawn Meadows look like Drew Brees.Rick Dickson AD? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wave to em
Surge

greenie78 wrote:He's certainly not the best QB.

I would love a Lester Ricard (a lot more talented) or an Anthony Scelfo (he always gave 110%) right now.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
DrBox
Riptide

He's not close to the worse. This team has mailed it in.
Probably 20 or so of these players need to leave before next season.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's a question, probably should start another thread. But, if we continue to get blown out these last few games, is that possibly going to affect who we can get as our new coach? Some of the better coaches who have already paid their dues may look at this and see so little talent, they don't want to bother. Is a RR/ML type willing to go through a 1-11 or 0-12 season to start the rebuilding? Mack Brown did in 1985, but he was younger. Just wondering.
tnelly15
Riptide

I agree Griffin has been bad. I would be asking for Ponder to get some snaps, but I'd like him to be healthy for baseball.
greenie78 wrote:He's certainly not the best QB.

What? Are you seriously mentioning Ricard with these guys? Ricard finished 11th in Passing Efficiency in '04 and completed over 60% of his passes also. For comparison Losman and Ramsey both failed to complete 60% in their final years as starters in the same offense.
RobertM320
Green Wave

What I don't understand is there have been times where Griffin is extremely accurate. What's happened? He's barely 50% the last few weeks. He stares down his target, he's off target to wide open receivers, and when he is accurate, the receiver is usually covered. It surely doesn't look like he learned much from working with Drew Brees in the offseason.
wave to em
Surge

The Blitz Defence is awful......never blitz again, i would rather have more guys in coverage because our blitzes NEVER get to the QB.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
RobertM320
Green Wave

It seems like this has sort of turned into a game thread. Question. How many times this season have we been in a position to get a defensive stop and one of the defensive players draws a stupid personal foul penalty? At least twice in this game and one in the Syracuse game for sure. That shows lack of discipline.
RWR
Swell

Anthony Scelfo was clearly the worst QB of all time. The only thing that f'ing a-hole would have been good for was to be the mascot.