AD

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
glennc
Low Tide

I remember when Sandy Barbour was AD. Every now and then she would go on the radio and answer some tough questions. sometimes her answers were lame but she had the guts to take the heat. does anybody know where rick dickson is half of the time. As far as i know he never talks to any of the fans about the athletic department. He is gutless and a disgrace to his profession. What other Ad in the country gives contract extensions on a regular basis to losing coaches. I know i am venting but I think most tulane fans think the way I do.

TURVS71
Swell

I am just very disappointed that we do not hear from him on a consistent basis. I believe that the times and circumstance of the athletic program calls for a leader that can rally the fan base at a time when fan base and financial support is so vital. Now, he may be doing this behind the scenes but it needs to be a little more open. I believe that it is apparent that the fan base is skeptical and does not fully trust the athletic dept leadership.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
JTLiuzza
Swell

They have been anything but open because their agenda regarding athletics is unpopular with fans and alumni and Cowen is by his nature sneaky. We all remember the underhanded attempt to kill football which he called a "review" after he had been exposed.

Dickson used to post a video every now and again. It was called "Reel time with Rick Dickson." It was generally a reading of talking points, that is when Rick wasn't talking in circles. The last Reel Time on the official site is dated a year ago when I click the link.

Talk is cheap and Tulane is past the point of being taken seriously in anything they say, or have their surrogates say on their behalf.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

Sandy Barbour was not that bad of an AD, and when you compare her to Tr!cky D!ckson, she seems like a genius.
Dickson is just Cowen's "yes man".

I think that after the mishandling of the Rich Rod/Scelfo situation in 1998, Sandy figured out that she needed to go elsewhere, unless she were willing to just give in to Cowen on major athletic dept decisions.

Yes, just about all of out here on this new board are no longer impressed with Tr!cky D!ckson or Cowen. When we have attempted to indicate what both of them were lacking on YOGWF, we got kicked off and even banned (like I did over a year ago).

glennc wrote:I remember when Sandy Barbour was AD. Every now and then she would go on the radio and answer some tough questions. sometimes her answers were lame but she had the guts to take the heat. does anybody know where rick dickson is half of the time. As far as i know he never talks to any of the fans about the athletic department. He is gutless and a disgrace to his profession. What other Ad in the country gives contract extensions on a regular basis to losing coaches. I know i am venting but I think most tulane fans think the way I do.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Warren Bankston or Bobby Duhon for AD !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Really, what would have to happen to get some new blood in office?! There's no checks and balances, except for us, the fans.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

NOLABigSteve wrote:Really, what would have to happen to get some new blood in office?! There's no checks and balances, except for us, the fans.
We need to make enough noise that people know that we (the fans/alumni) are unhappy. For the most part, no one knows and/or no one is paying attention. That's why it's on US to call attention to this trainwreck.