Lost him once, lets not again. Bring back Coach Rod.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gibnived8
Ripple

So for some reason we still have bob toledo as a coach even though he's terrible and most players dont like him. Y did we keep him, it would be nice if tulane would hire coach rod back. (Offensive Cord. Of the best season in Tulane History 12-0)

JTLiuzza
Swell

He was definitely the evil genius behind the 97/98 seasons. I can't imagine he won't be a hc somewhere next season. I wonder who Michigan will go after. Maybe Harbaugh but rumor is he has his eyes on the nfl.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Wavebacker
Ripple

Toledo is building a foundation for better things at Tulane. Doesnt it feel a bit like Teevens-Bowden? I mean Teevens had some decent talent and took five years to put it all together and Bowden took it and turned it into winners. I'm not sure Rich Rod could do the same right away but his approach on Offense fits right in with C-USA and he's a won at West Virginia. It would create some real buzz at Tulane if we hired him. I'd do it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

In Rich Rod's case, I'm afraid it's wishful thinking. First, we're stuck with Buffet Bob for at least another year. Secondly, if he does depart Michigan, Rich Rod will likely be plucked up by somebody, before we give up the Toledo experiment. Lastly, I still doubt Rich Rod would want to come to a school led by somebody like Cowen. Our best, and highly unlikely, scenario to get Rich Rod back would be; (1) Rich Rod hangs on at Michigan one more year (possible), (2) Toledo's 2011 team melts down again and we finally pull the trigger (likely), and (3) Cowen retires (highly unlikely). So it seems to be a reach, but I guess anything is possible.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

The concept is so unrealistic as to make it almost amusing that anyone could fathom Rodriquez wanting to come to Tulane or the halfwits in the admin wanting him. How many times do some fans need to be slapped in the face to get it? By keeping the Bernie aka Buffet Bob, the admin was sending a not to subtle message that Division 1 football is finished at Tulane. Apparently, there a quite a few that just do not get it.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
IM42lane
Swell

Rich Rod will NEVER even think of coming back to Tulane as long as Cowen is the BMFIC around here.

Run Cowen and Dickson off, and then start dreaming about better things that could be.

Realistically speaking, I do not see RR ever coming back here again, unless Tulane ponies up a deal that he really could not refuse. But, Tulane will never spend the kind of bucks necessary to get a quality coach over hre as long as Cowen is here.

Again (and with EMPHASIS), Run Cowen and Dickson off, and then dreaming better things.

gibnived8 wrote:So for some reason we still have bob toledo as a coach even though he's terrible and most players dont like him. Y did we keep him, it would be nice if tulane would hire coach rod back. (Offensive Cord. Of the best season in Tulane History 12-0)
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
JDTulane
Riptide

Cosign to bringing him or anyone better back. Without an 8+ (which as a Boise fan seems like nothing to me) season this year I'm left banging my head on a wall.
sader24
Tsunami

What's sad is you know that if we win 6 games Dickson will consider the season a success. The bar is so low here that .500 in football in a terrible conference will be considered a success by the administration. If you guaranteed Dickson that Toledo wins 7 games next year he'd sign him to a lenghty extension. Instead of planning and aiming for excellence we hope for and reward mediocrity.
gibnived8
Ripple

it wud be nice. my bro played on that team and i actually enjoyed goin to tulane games wen i was young and now as a student there i go to just see my friends play and hope they ball out and dont get hurt. all the players of that 98 team wanted coach rod to be head coach and were all let down and its been down hill since...
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Rich Rod would only consider coming to Tulane if we agree to fire and de-pants Cowen, in public. An act that many Tulane alums and fans would be only too happy to support.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
JTLiuzza
Swell

HoustonWave wrote:fire and de-pants Cowen, in public.
:lol: :lol:
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

Man, is that a horrible

HoustonWave wrote:Rich Rod would only consider coming to Tulane if we agree to fire and de-pants Cowen, in public. An act that many Tulane alums and fans would be only too happy to support.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

IM42lane wrote:Man, that would be a horrible nightmare (Cowen . . . with his "pants on the ground").

HoustonWave wrote:Rich Rod would only consider coming to Tulane if we agree to fire and de-pants Cowen, in public. An act that many Tulane alums and fans would be only too happy to support.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere