Coach's Show

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

I know we already have a thread for this but I wanted to say it again:

PLEASE don't do anything stupid at the show, inside or out. IF it were to get connected to GoTula.net, this forum would lose its credibility. We have the attention of MANY important people and we have worked hard to get to where we are. Emotions are high and we are all on edge. Myself included, so....

Again, PLEASE think before you act or open your mouth!.

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
sader24
Tsunami

So you're saying I shouldn't burn Cowen in effigy outside the restaurant? I don't have a Plan B.
wave to em
Surge

not going to do anything dumb, but i cant make any promises after we get blown out by memphis and toledo is still the coach.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
sader24
Tsunami

If you're telling me I can't speak my mind b/c Bob Toledo is bringing his wife well to be honest, I don't give a shit about his wife. I've watched this shit since I can remember which is the 85 LSU game in the Dome and him and his wife will be gone wearing Hawaiian shirts in California next year while I'm still sitting in section 273 trying to poke my eyeballs out after another half ass hire while my friends get wasted in Baton Rouge and celebrate another National Championship. These people have made $700K per year to produce this shit, what have I made? I was here before them and I'll be here after them, same goes for Dickson and Cowen, we've played nice with these people since 2003 and look where it's gotten us? I was vehemently calling for Cowen's ouster in 2003 after the review and was told by numerous fools that things had changed and we should support Cowen b/c he was now going to support the Athletic Department. I said it was stupid and he wasn't going to stop until he destroyed it, well now it's 8 years later and it's just about destroyed and once again we're at the precipice and people want to "BE RESPECTFUL". Fuck that, these people have shown us no respect while they've milked our pockets for another 8 years and filled booster club meetings with lies and bullshit, promised kids an oppurtunity to compete only to give them no support, wasted years of student-athletes lives with pointless extensions and lame duck coaches, called press conferences just to yell at fans who have supported them financially and emotionally for 40 years and paid their fucking salaries, Dickson sent his kids to college for free, collected a hefty salary and cries about Katrina. How about the people who lost everything and/or died in Katrina and had no 3-400K per year job to come back to. Poor Dickson, he had to fight through Katrina and got paid half a million dollars to do it. Poor Cowen, he had to reinvent the University, what was his salary? They still talk about Katrina while tens of thousands of people gutted their own homes and businesses and rebuilt their shattered lives and don't blame shit on Katrina. I don't give a shit about them, their wives, or their children. Some may have a problem with that, but I don't give a shit about that either. I'm not watching this shit anymore and if ya'll want to sit around and continue to be civil well that's fine but I won't be attending the Tulane Athletics Funeral.
TURVS71
Swell

You obviously didn't read my post. We FINALLY have a forum that people are paying attention to. Why would you want to do anything to discredit it? If you want to take that chance just to serve your agenda and make YOU feel better, then go for it. If and when this forum gets connected to some sort of battery or harassment charge, then where will we be and what next?

Nobody is asking anyone to change how they feel, it's just that instant gratification to make oneself feel better is only that, an instant. THINK about the consequences.

You have every right to dislike all parties connected with this debacle. JUST THINK BEFORE YOU ACT!. That's all I am saying.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Jonathan
Riptide

Turv agree with you one hundred percent do not drink booze and embarrass gotula.net be civil but precise bob Toledo is not the problem Scott cowen and Rick Dickson are
Jonathan
Riptide

Sader24 you are not a gentlemen are an embarrassment to this forum with your crude vulgar language bob toledo's wife is a lady and one of the nicest people on the planet. Gotula.net expects an apology from you Jonathan your type of crude vulgar language is a not allowed by the rules of this board!
msdos
Swell

sader only says what we're all thinking.
Jonathan
Riptide

He said it in a very crude vulgar way His comments about Bob's wife were sick
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hey, we're all frustrated but the best place to express your frustration is at the Dome. With less than 1,000 people in attendance every word you say can be heard by CBT on the sidelines. That's the place to make your point. I wouldn't use the coaches show for that.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

The fact that less than 1,000 people were at the game last week speaks louder than any of us can. By the time we play UH their fans may be the only ones in the MSD. I have followed Tulane for over 50 years, am an alum, and hate LSU, but I can honestly say that this year I get more enjoyment from watching the Tigers play- and I want them to lose. And I don't think I am alone. As a friend of mine said Saturday- Tulane football is like crack- we know it is bad for us, but we keep going back for the next hit knowing we will feel bad afterward.
waverider
Ripple

Not excusing Cowen, but even if he did have a renewed sense of wanting Athletics to succeed after 2003, that was temporarily washed away by Katrina...But, with that said, his time to prove it has all but run out...It is put up or shut up time for Cowen and Dickson and unfortunately, I don't think either one has to answer to anyone...
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Just thought I would chime in. At the end of the day, we are all grown men (and women) and are responsible for our own actions. Like I said in the beginning, no one will be deleted or banned, but let's just have a little tact when posting sometimes. We all get frustrated, and I feel your pain. But just remember that what is venting to some can and will sometimes be taken the wrong way by others.

We've got a good thing going here, and let's keep the ball rolling. The views expressed here are views that we were never able to express anywhere else. So yeah, the passion, intensity, and fire inside all of us is finally coming out. Let's all just stand united, do what is necessary (and is legal), and not lose site on our goal: resurrecting Tulane Athletics with fresh blood, new ideas, and forward, competitive thinking and action.

Thanks to all of you for your participation on goTULANEt.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RWR
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote:Just thought I would chime in. At the end of the day, we are all grown men (and women) and are responsible for our own actions. Like I said in the beginning, no one will be deleted or banned, but let's just have a little tact when posting sometimes. We all get frustrated, and I feel your pain. But just remember that what is venting to some can and will sometimes be taken the wrong way by others.

We've got a good thing going here, and let's keep the ball rolling. The views expressed here are views that we were never able to express anywhere else. So yeah, the passion, intensity, and fire inside all of us is finally coming out. Let's all just stand united, do what is necessary (and is legal), and not lose site on our goal: resurrecting Tulane Athletics with fresh blood, new ideas, and forward, competitive thinking and action.

Thanks to all of you for your participation on goTULANEt.
+1. Furthermore this site won't be blamed for anyone's actions. It won't happen anyway b/c Tulane monitors these sites and you can be assured security will be at an all time high. If people want to successfully pull off embarrassing these idiots they shouldn't say what and when they are going to do it.
sader24
Tsunami

Sorry, went a little overboard, a) Im not going to the coaches show b/c I have a softball game b) I wouldnt make much of a scene if I did anyhow c) whether Toledo's wife is a nice lady or not really has nothing to do with the current situation and I think it's strange that he would bring her to a radio show where he probably believes he will hear some less than flattering remarks, it seems like a b*tch move. Personally, whether some of you like any of these people (Cowen, Dickson, Toledo) or not, they have done some really screwed up things to both the fans and players. I feel many Tulane fans call for others to have all this respect for these people when they have shown us little to no respect. I honestly don't think anything is going to ever happen if people continue to remain civil with the people who are trying to destroy the athletic department. I donated to the letter, and I think it's great it's being posted in the Hullabaloo, however I honestly don't believe it will have any affect on the current situation. We keep playing nice with these people while they continue to be underhanded. At some point you have to fight fire with fire. They purposely underfund athletics, misallocate funds, lie to fans, berate fans, the list goes on and we write Professional letters that we have to pay for to a school newspaper and then discourage others from writing Op-ed pieces because it might dilute the letter. As for Jonathan, shouldn't you be stalking Rick Jones?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Sorry, went a little overboard, a) Im not going to the coaches show b/c I have a softball game b) I wouldnt make much of a scene if I did anyhow c) whether Toledo's wife is a nice lady or not really has nothing to do with the current situation and I think it's strange that he would bring her to a radio show where he probably believes he will hear some less than flattering remarks, it seems like a b*tch move. Personally, whether some of you like any of these people (Cowen, Dickson, Toledo) or not, they have done some really screwed up things to both the fans and players. I feel many Tulane fans call for others to have all this respect for these people when they have shown us little to no respect. I honestly don't think anything is going to ever happen if people continue to remain civil with the people who are trying to destroy the athletic department. I donated to the letter, and I think it's great it's being posted in the Hullabaloo, however I honestly don't believe it will have any affect on the current situation. We keep playing nice with these people while they continue to be underhanded. At some point you have to fight fire with fire. They purposely underfund athletics, misallocate funds, lie to fans, berate fans, the list goes on and we write Professional letters that we have to pay for to a school newspaper and then discourage others from writing Op-ed pieces because it might dilute the letter. As for Jonathan, shouldn't you be stalking Rick Jones?
I agree. Anything short of going after the coach's wife is fair game. I've also been one trying to stir up the pi$$ and vinegar. It is important that Cowen be exposed, not just for what he's done to athletics, but for what he's done to the University as a whole. Cowen is the single most insulated person in power I've ever seen. I have never witnessed anyone in a position of power so blatantly lie to and screw his constituents and remain overwhelmingly popular.

Do not drink the YOGWF kool aid. This forum is not responsible for the words or actions of anyone who is a member and is not a conduit for anything but the truth. If someone were to go out and do something underhanded to Cowen/Dickson, it would be their fault for thoroughly angering people, not the Internet for being an outlet for that anger (not that I am condoning any such thing).

Any public opportunity to draw attention to this failing on their part is worth taking advantage of.
sader24
Tsunami

Also, I don't think my comments about Bob Toledo's wife were sick, I don't know the woman and don't care about her, I care about Tulane Athletics. Not sure what's sick about that, I think it would be more sick on his part to bring his wife to an event where he knew people were going to be yelling at him as an attempt to get people to be more civil. I actually think Jonathan's perverted obsession with Rick Jones is way more sick than that.
wave to em
Surge

sader24 wrote:Also, I don't think my comments about Bob Toledo's wife were sick, I don't know the woman and don't care about her, I care about Tulane Athletics. Not sure what's sick about that, I think it would be more sick on his part to bring his wife to an event where he knew people were going to be yelling at him as an attempt to get people to be more civil. I actually think Jonathan's perverted obsession with Rick Jones is way more sick than that.
your right, we do need to fight fire with fire..... i understand the whole "civil" case, but if a guy keeps punching you repeatedly after numerous times of telling him to stop, there comes a point in time where you just need to knock the shit out of him to make him finally stop...............and thats what its like, we can tell RD and SC to "stop" all we want, but until we hit them back, they wont!
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
Bigschtick
Riptide

I doubt that anyone here will embarrass themselves or this forum and that includes sader. I am absolutely livid that Dickson has the unmitigated chutzpah to thumb his nose at what few fans remain and not get rid of Toledo now, not later. Is this man that stupid? This is the time to be making the changes if any. I am just about ready to give up on Tulane. What a sad excuse for a bunch of administrators. Yes, Toledo is in the middle of this mess but to say its not of his making, is, absurd. He is a lousy coach. He is quick to throw everyone but himself under the bus. I was one of his biggest supporters when he was hired. If he cared about the program and the kids, he would step aside now. Apparently, his ego is too big for that. What a miserable situation.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

"sometimes, one's thoughts, are best left unsaid"....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Waverising
Trickle

That was one of the main reasons that I registered from this forum, because of its frankness and civility about Tulane Athletics. If anyone does go to the show, we as fans need to show support not to any one particular agenda or view, but as all fans behind Athletics. This has been a tough time for everyone involved or invested in this program and it has been especially hard for the players. As a student and a good friend of many of the players, I saw firsthand how they were impacted this morning. While I have been reading this forum for a few months now and could see it coming, unfortunately many of the players refused to believe Toledo would leave. Let's show Dickson and the administration that the only reason we got frustrated was because we care deeply about our school and team. Roll Wave
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Welcome Waverising, and thanks for joining. We always have to keep in mind, it's not the players who have let us down. It WAS Toledo, and IS currently Dickson and Cowen.

We are always behind the players 100%
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Waverising
Trickle

That is true and I tell my friends that all the time. It's just that they equate attendance with support (which is true) but tie criticism of coaches to themselves (which isn't true). Watching Toldeo walk around Wilson everyday I felt as though he just wasn't emotioanlly invested to be at peak performance and didn't demand it either. We should do both.