Tulane Coaching Hostage Crisis: Day 48

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Robert1969
Riptide

A commenter at Nola.com suggested Lionel Washington. I don't know what you guys think but I haven't seen anything out of him that impresses me. But I figured that I might as well throw the name out there.

DrBox
Riptide

Robert1969 wrote:A commenter at Nola.com suggested Lionel Washington. I don't know what you guys think but I haven't seen anything out of him that impresses me. But I figured that I might as well throw the name out there.
Absolutely not. 10 years ago, maybe even 5, he would have been an interesting choice. His career has sunk and he's now coaching in a sub-NFL pro league.
Robert1969
Riptide

DrBox wrote:
Robert1969 wrote: Absolutely not. 10 years ago, maybe even 5, he would have been an interesting choice. His career has sunk and he's now coaching in a sub-NFL pro league.
Yeh, that's my feeling too. But I figured I had to throw it out.
wave to em
Surge

JDTulane wrote:I agree. No Frank Wilson.

Leach, RR, God, or bust.
i agree, has to be one of these three
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
Pepper
Swell

Jason Phillips-OC @ Houston
Phillip Montgomery-OC @ Baylor
Chad Morris-OC @ Clemson
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
threeputt
High Tide

Greg Debeljak will be interviewed so I am told .. not sure how true this is and how I feel about this ...
Wavetime
Swell

DrBox
Riptide

That is an honest list of fairly low-cost hires (some will cost more). It is interesting. Certainly better than the crap the local media puts out which basically patronizes Tulane.

There will be some mild local pressure for TU to hire Frank Wilson. Hiring him would be a joke and we won't do it.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wavetime; Thanks for that link and list of names! There are some interesting and exciting potential candidates out there other than the constant mention of RR and Leech, neither of whom would come here.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kaare Johnson reporting that Rich Rod has said he'd be interested if contacted about the Tulane job.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Interesting indeed, Wavetime. A well thought out list in a short time span, and it shows an understanding of the constraints we are probably working under.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DrBox
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:Wavetime; Thanks for that link and list of names! There are some interesting and exciting potential candidates out there other than the constant mention of RR and Leech, neither of whom would come here.
I think RR would come here (he's not going to get an upper level offer), and ML might come here (he's not getting an upper level offer either, although he could get a Tex Tech level offer).
Those names are really 3rd tier names. Well though out, but 3rd tier, nonetheless.
galvezwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Kaare Johnson reporting that Rich Rod has said he'd be interested if contacted about the Tulane job.
There's 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes and kaaree making s**t up. He has no credibility.
JTLiuzza
Swell

galvezwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Kaare Johnson reporting that Rich Rod has said he'd be interested if contacted about the Tulane job.
There's 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes and kaaree making s**t up. He has no credibility.
I agree. If he's ever right you can bet it was blind luck.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote:
+1
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

F. Mackel keeps pushing his friend Frank Wilson. Said that Tulane probably wouldn't be able to pay enough to get RR or ML of which he called "dream" candidates.
Tulane Class of 1981
JTLiuzza
Swell

List of candidates from the sportsnola.site with a brief run down of each:

http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/tulane ... g-job.html
Wavetime
Swell

Full disclosure, I am not a fan of Fletcher Mackel. He is pumping Frank Wilson on the air and on his blog. For the first ever I went to is blog and the entire front page is Wilson. Now, I don't know Wilson, but Mackel has been no fan of Tulane. FM is using every ounce of his power to get Wilson hired, there has to be a connection. Kinda pisses me off to tell you the truth.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:Full disclosure, I am not a fan of Fletcher Mackel. He is pumping Frank Wilson on the air and on his blog. For the first ever I went to is blog and the entire front page is Wilson. Now, I don't know Wilson, but Mackel has been no fan of Tulane. FM is using every ounce of his power to get Wilson hired, there has to be a connection. Kinda pisses me off to tell you the truth.
The connection is NORD, Mackel and Wison are connected through City Park with that.
Last edited by tpstulane on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981
JTLiuzza
Swell

Wavetime wrote:Full disclosure, I am not a fan of Fletcher Mackel.
Me neither. I wouldn't worry about that goofball. He has about as much influence over this decision as I do.
Robert1969
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:F. Mackel keeps pushing his friend Frank Wilson. Said that Tulane probably wouldn't be able to pay enough to get RR or ML of which he called "dream" candidates.
Yeh, he asked on twitter where would Tulane get the money for RR. So, I sent him a list of Tulane alumni who are billionaires.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
Wavetime wrote:Full disclosure, I am not a fan of Fletcher Mackel. He is pumping Frank Wilson on the air and on his blog. For the first ever I went to is blog and the entire front page is Wilson. Now, I don't know Wilson, but Mackel has been no fan of Tulane. FM is using every ounce of his power to get Wilson hired, there has to be a connection. Kinda pisses me off to tell you the truth.
The connection is NORD, Mackel and Wison are connected through City Park with that.
Wasn't Fletcher's dad the golf pro at City Park like forever?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Robert1969
Riptide

BTW, where is Fletcher Mackel's blog so we can all got to it and post our disapproval of his suggestion for Wilson. We need to make sure that he can't successfully campaign for him.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Robert1969 wrote:BTW, where is Fletcher Mackel's blog so we can all got to it and post our disapproval of his suggestion for Wilson. We need to make sure that he can't successfully campaign for him.
I think its on WDSU's website. Its called Offsides with Fletcher Mackel. And I like your idea.
threeputt
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Wasn't Fletcher's dad the golf pro at City Park like forever?

Yes he was ... Died of a heart attack on 9/11/01.