Tulane Coaching Hostage Crisis: Day 48

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
threeputt
High Tide

another one of the cheerleader .. ROLL WAVE ROLL ...

After further review this is may not be HUDs wife .... Sorry for the mis labeled pic ...
Last edited by threeputt on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tmorg36
Ripple

I joined this board out of excitement for new opportunities as soon as Toledo was let go and had the opinion that we need to be real about who we are and who we can get to truly improve our program the right way. Every one wanted to jump on the RR/ML ban wagon to the point that when it didn't happen and lets be honest...it never was gonna happen...that now SC and RD are scared to death of the public backlash for not landing a big time sexy name that they don't know what to do and now to ken interviewees like Haywood who they never wanted to hire are leading candidates and no one is happy. I still say go back to square one, be realistic about who we are and go find the best FCS head coach you can find, pay him well, he will be thrilled to be here and let him go to work. No retread wants this job and current FBS coaches all think they can do better.....all just my opinion that has never changed, we'll see what happens now I guess.
Tulanegraduate
Ripple

Highwave wrote:
Tulanegraduate wrote:I went to dinner tonight content with the fact that Mike Haywood would be our next coach. I heard that CJ is no longer in the picture. Then I heard that Hudspeth was still a contender. I'm not happy with this. I know first hand that the guy is an A$$ of the Graham (Rice, Tulsa, Pittsburgh) caliber. Most of you who know me or have read my post know that I'm not much of a gossip. I check my sources before I type anything. I heard that he cheated on his wife with a cheerleader. Then he divorced her to marry the cheerleader. Is this really the type of man we want running our program? In all seriousness, he was a one hit wonder in Lafayette. That's it. Let's hope RD and SC make the right decision here an bring in Haywood. I'm a past player, an I'm telling you, he'll build this program.
Hilarious that you support a wife beater but dismiss a guy because he cheated on his wife. I live in Lafayette and he has done wonders here immediately. He recruited immediately, won immediately, and attendance skyrocketed immediately.

But we don't want Hudspeth, a guy who looks every bit the part of a young Rich Rod.

The guy's an a$$ clown. I agree. He's a young RR. That why I said he's "Graham like". But the guy has done all of that for Lafayette and you don't want him. HMMMM! And not to be rude, but what else is there to do in Lafayette besides go to a game? You're not competing with French Quarter, Saints, College / Pro basketball, Metairie, Uptown, etc. The only thing we have in common is we compete with LSU fans.
sslatten
Low Tide

Lighten up Francises. The sun will rise tomorrow, and, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!
But i fooled you all with my lies and deceipt because that is what i love to do. And you all thought it was the truth, with the exception of Show Me ;) ;). There is no committment, there is no extra money for coaxhes, assts and recruiting, there is no relaxation of academic and admittance standards, there is no plan for an OCS and we will hire a bum for a football coach. I get it now. Sorry, but i was duped too :oops: But now that i know it, it will sure save me the buttload of money i was donating towards the faux OCS.

But seriously; nevermind. I am swearing off all internet forums, including the dreaded and evil YOGWF. None of it is worth my time or effort. That's all folks!
Krewe of Ham & Eggs
High Tide

threeputt wrote:another one of the cheerleader .. ROLL WAVE ROLL ...

Not to go off topic but can I say "milf"?
TURVS71
Swell

Did I miss something? When did we turn into "E" news tv!!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Tulanegraduate
Ripple

tmorg36 wrote:I joined this board out of excitement for new opportunities as soon as Toledo was let go and had the opinion that we need to be real about who we are and who we can get to truly improve our program the right way. Every one wanted to jump on the RR/ML ban wagon to the point that when it didn't happen and lets be honest...it never was gonna happen...that now SC and RD are scared to death of the public backlash for not landing a big time sexy name that they don't know what to do and now to ken interviewees like Haywood who they never wanted to hire are leading candidates and no one is happy. I still say go back to square one, be realistic about who we are and go find the best FCS head coach you can find, pay him well, he will be thrilled to be here and let him go to work. No retread wants this job and current FBS coaches all think they can do better.....all just my opinion that has never changed, we'll see what happens now I guess.

The only other true choice we have is Monken. I'd be willing to wait. This was a done deal until Tammy opened her mouth and pissed of Gundy. I say we wait for him. If that bridge is burned, then go ahead an hire Haywood. They even went back to Bowden and he was "wishy washy". I do hear what you're saying. It's a tough job because of our sins of the past. But still.
baldboy
Low Tide

threeputt wrote:another one of the cheerleader .. ROLL WAVE ROLL ...

Yeah we have gone so negative , now we are debating battery(alleged) vs adultery(alleged) and fine job I might add! :) She's hot I'd spank her. Really guys and gals, I want a football coach, what him and his wife or boyfriend or whatever do I could give two shits as long as he know how to coach and doesn't molest children or cheerleaders.
Highwave
Low Tide

Tulanegraduate wrote:
Highwave wrote:
Tulanegraduate wrote:I went to dinner tonight content with the fact that Mike Haywood would be our next coach. I heard that CJ is no longer in the picture. Then I heard that Hudspeth was still a contender. I'm not happy with this. I know first hand that the guy is an A$$ of the Graham (Rice, Tulsa, Pittsburgh) caliber. Most of you who know me or have read my post know that I'm not much of a gossip. I check my sources before I type anything. I heard that he cheated on his wife with a cheerleader. Then he divorced her to marry the cheerleader. Is this really the type of man we want running our program? In all seriousness, he was a one hit wonder in Lafayette. That's it. Let's hope RD and SC make the right decision here an bring in Haywood. I'm a past player, an I'm telling you, he'll build this program.
Hilarious that you support a wife beater but dismiss a guy because he cheated on his wife. I live in Lafayette and he has done wonders here immediately. He recruited immediately, won immediately, and attendance skyrocketed immediately.

But we don't want Hudspeth, a guy who looks every bit the part of a young Rich Rod.

The guy's an a$$ clown. I agree. He's a young RR. That why I said he's "Graham like". But the guy has done all of that for Lafayette and you don't want him. HMMMM! And not to be rude, but what else is there to do in Lafayette besides go to a game? You're not competing with French Quarter, Saints, College / Pro basketball, Metairie, Uptown, etc. The only thing we have in common is we compete with LSU fans.
I would love for him to be the next head coach- I was being sarcastic. He is exactly what we need at this point with RR off the table, unless Leach takes the job.

Lafayette has a lot more to offer than you apparently know- maybe you should get out more.
TURVS71
Swell

sslatten wrote:Lighten up Francises. The sun will rise tomorrow, and, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!
But i fooled you all with my lies and deceipt because that is what i love to do. And you all thought it was the truth, with the exception of Show Me ;) ;). There is no committment, there is no extra money for coaxhes, assts and recruiting, there is no relaxation of academic and admittance standards, there is no plan for an OCS and we will hire a bum for a football coach. I get it now. Sorry, but i was duped too :oops: But now that i know it, it will sure save me the buttload of money i was donating towards the faux OCS.

But seriously; nevermind. I am swearing off all internet forums, including the dreaded and evil YOGWF. None of it is worth my time or effort. That's all folks!

You know, that response is an easy way to explain away what has NOT happened and indicates, to me, your disappointment in what you believed would happen. Nobody has said that you lied or concocted some fantasy story. I believe that you stated what you were told and believed. THAT is what bothers me. SOMETHING is wrong IF no one will touch this job. It does not take a genius to figure this out. We were only relying on what you said. It appears that IT is not going to happen. Don't be upset with us. You posted those high expectations and when they didn't materialize it was inevitable that people were going to react. It's just a fact of life and human nature......Yes the sun will come up and life will go on......but the athletic reputation of our Tulane university has obviously driven coaches in the other direction......SOMETHING IS WRONG SCOTT!
Wave71
Ripple

Tulanegraduate wrote:He's (Wave71) probably a Tammy Nunez and Mackel fan. Probably there fan club President.

Yep you right!! It is what it is!!! I hope they hire CJ or MH, maybe all 200 fans left will go to the games and watch them go 0-12. I can tell you who won't be there!!!!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Maybe we could let the coaching candidates know that we have "coeds looking for Sugar Daddy's" on campus! We'll give them first choice.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
TU23
High Tide

I don't care who our coach bangs as long as they are of age and it's consensual. Our players are adults and should be able to tell right from wrong. We need someone who will win games, period. Not a boyscout. Bobby Petrino is an asshole, but he's exactly what Arkansas needed. We need someone to perform CPR on our program by any means necessary.

The Stockholm Syndrome is setting in again on the other board. Someone was tagged as having the post of the day for saying he could get behind CJ because he would try hard. Our fans are excited about the bare minimum. In the next paragraph he admitted that the pro style offense would be a disaster and that we wouldn't get the necessary personnel to run it well. We are officially on our way back to accepting the bare minimum unless we hold RD and SC accountable.
DrBox
Riptide

Congratulations fellas. Running off the only insider who's been gracious enough to offer some actual information on this board. A man who's family saved TU football and who is one of our most generous donors.

It's one thing not to trust Cowen and Dickson until they deliver (I don't trust them until I see it either). But, man, are the insults and ad homenims necessary?
Yall engage in the precise thing that you complain about yogwf, just in a different way.

On a side note, I'll take an adulterer over a wife beater any day; especially when the wife beater had a 1-win season under his belt.
GreenieMeanie
Ripple

1ndabag wrote:
HSV wrote:Can't wait to see amateur spin machine announce either.
Me neither. The sad truth is that we had a huge head start in the hiring process and apparently a lot of money to spend and still come up with bupkis. I expect them to hit the minority angle hard, even centerpiecing it.
And those who disagree will be considered racist, although the choice may not be qualified or good for the program regardless of race, color, creed, etc., in order to justify their decision!
ExileWave
Surge

Oliver N. Blue wrote:
I am gonna write a book about this whole process when its all said and done. But I'm done for now folks, as i must run silent and deep. Good luck with the new coach!

From the other board and just posted by Scott Slatten. Does not sound good.....has Scott given up? Sounds like a deal is done and we ain't gonna love it.
tnelly15
Riptide

GreenieMeanie wrote:
1ndabag wrote:
HSV wrote:Can't wait to see amateur spin machine announce either.
Me neither. The sad truth is that we had a huge head start in the hiring process and apparently a lot of money to spend and still come up with bupkis. I expect them to hit the minority angle hard, even centerpiecing it.
And those who disagree will be considered racist, although the choice may not be qualified or good for the program regardless of race, color, creed, etc., in order to justify their decision!
Those who disagree will be considered racist? No the guy who said he wont support Tulane any longer if we hire a black guy is racist. Those who think CJ,MH,FW etc. arent the best options or are down right unqualified will be considered correct by most.
Tulanegraduate
Ripple

We mist have struck a nerve. Maybe he was a Hudspeth supporter.
tmorg36
Ripple

And btw two more things....when I say lets be real about who we are don't assume that is where we need to stay. And as far as Hudspeth goes I believe he is in his mid 40s and his wife graduated HS in 2003....just sayin...
TURVS71
Swell

DrBox wrote:Congratulations fellas. Running off the only insider who's been gracious enough to offer some actual information on this board. A man who's family saved TU football and who is one of our most generous donors.

It's one thing not to trust Cowen and Dickson until they deliver (I don't trust them until I see it either). But, man, are the insults and ad homenims necessary?
Yall engage in the precise thing that you complain about yogwf, just in a different way.

On a side note, I'll take an adulterer over a wife beater any day; especially when the wife beater had a 1-win season under his belt.
No one is running anybody off. This is a non-delete, tell it like it is board, UNLIKE that other board to which you refer. He knows that and you know that. I believe he posted the same thing OVER THERE too, that he was done. Also, if you will recall, his first post on this board was to blast us for the open letter. We let him have his say without fear of deletion. By the way, this is an excerpt from his original post:

I'm a big boy and can handle whatever you wanna dish out.
JTLiuzza
Swell

ExileWave wrote:Oliver N. Blue wrote:
I am gonna write a book about this whole process when its all said and done. But I'm done for now folks, as i must run silent and deep. Good luck with the new coach!

From the other board and just posted by Scott Slatten. Does not sound good.....has Scott given up? Sounds like a deal is done and we ain't gonna love it.
I don't know sslatten and wouldn't know who he was if I bumped into him. But he seems like an honest guy to me. I don't think he intentionally bs'd anybody. The tone of his initial presentation left a bit to be desired but that's no big deal. We're all guilty of that (I know I am). I think he reported his perception of things from his vantage point as someone who talks to higher ups. I also don't think he swallowed a bill of goods. I think his optimistic take on what was coming in this coaching search was exactly what the Tulane people he has access to legitimately believed because of substantial changes as far as monies, academic help, and all the rest.

I just think that he, and they, had no idea that we would be rebuffed by the kinds of coaches we were finally trying to land. It is a rude awakening for them that, despite opening the checkbook for a coach and assistants and making some institutional changes to facilitate winning, we come up effectively empty.

The perennial losing, the surreptitious attempt to kill D1 football in 2003 by the guy who still sits in the president's office, the "we are what we are," the decades of tolerating losing coupled with the last 13 years of absolutely embracing losing has taken it's toll. It's clear to me that sslatten and Tulane didn't see any of that coming.

Hopefully the cold water figuratively splashed in all their faces will finally convince them that wins and losses do indeed matter and the whole college football world is paying attention. And hopefully they don't lose what resolve they are reportedly said to have to correct the situation finally because there is no way Tulane is going to get out of the hole they've dug overnight.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
DrBox
Riptide

tmorg36 wrote:And btw two more things....when I say lets be real about who we are don't assume that is where we need to stay. And as far as Hudspeth goes I believe he is in his mid 40s and his wife graduated HS in 2003....just sayin...
So what - 20 year age difference. That's what I'm working on right now myself.
superwavefan
High Tide

Mr Superwavefan say "Ka-Douche! We won a game!"

Listen, Coach Toledo and his wife were Ozzie and Harriett....just sayin.

Also I heard the Heywood thing was about his baby momma trying to stay in a house he wanted to sell and her falsely accusing him. Urlacher and Will Smith got accused of altercations with their wives/babymommas and I don't see any bears fans or saints fans boycotting.
wavedat
Swell

DrBox wrote:Congratulations fellas. Running off the only insider who's been gracious enough to offer some actual information on this board. A man who's family saved TU football and who is one of our most generous donors.

He's taken his ball and gone home on the other site many times in the past. It's always the same routine. He talks down to everyone acting like he knows something. He's usually wrong. People like him,coach mac,etc. think they mean well but they still don't realize how they are used by the PTB. They are dupes. He's not an insider. Thinks he is but he isn't.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
waveclem
Surge

No one insulted the guy. Everyone is upset about what appears to not be happening (a splash hire). Personally, if you ask me I think the last little post he just made was alot like his first. Very condescending towards everyone here. And exactly what inside info did he provide us?? A bunch of stuff thats proving not to be true. Let him take his football home. So what.