Tulane Coaching Hostage Crisis: Day 48

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

baldboy wrote:Where is RD tonight? Anybody? You'll know a lot about RD if Tulane has a head coach in 24 hrs. This will mean he wasn't fooled by RR and had a plan immediately following this outcome. I mean did anyone in their heart of hearts really think this would turn out different? I hoped it would, but my rational side told me better. So one can only hope our AD knew this all along and prepared an immediate response.
If we don't have a coach by Wed, then I think maybe Mon or Tues at the latest.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
fracas
Ripple

maybe this whole RR affair will jolt the admins into offering Leach the position?
austxwave
High Tide

Has anyone ever seen an AD go to the home of the coach he is hiring...take a picture and then tweet the announcement?
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
GreenieMeanie wrote:And we didn't even get kissed!!!... we grieve/ we move on!...Time to focus on #2.

...The Pirate awaits.....
Robert you're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the new Avatar!
Thanks for the smile you just put on my face!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey, it's time to move on. Couldn't have ML checking out our site and seeing all those pics of RR now, could I?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Northshore Wave wrote:I keep hearing Haywood is our guy. He may end up winning and being a great coach here. I personally have no issue with Haywood, but given the present time in Tulane history I don't understand how you don't offer ML. Leach will win here immediately, triple our season tix, create excitement, and bring cred back to TU. High School recruits want to play in ML's system. I'm not an insider by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a couple sources that insist that Cowen is 110% against Mike Leach for some reason. Both of these "sources" have never been wrong about the inner workings of TU athletics. Past players are trying to reason with RD and insist on revisiting looking at ML. Again, I'm being told that if we offer we will get ML.
This is nuts. These fools need to understand that they don't have the liberty of passing on Leach if he would accept the job. If Haywood is hired after being promised a "splash hire" then that will create as many problems as it solves. Remember there was a lot of heat on Dickson before RR's name was announced and the few people paying attention were sold a splash hire.

Haywood and a 25K stadium is a disaster and I don't know if Cowen/Dickson are smart enough to understand that.
I haven't heard that Tulane is dead set on not hiring Leach, but my source who is very close to the program, indicated that he is not the #2 choice. This source has been 100% accurate throughout the process. Can't get my source to reveal the next likely pick, but willing to bet it's Haywood based on what I've heard. I'm still holding out faint hope that common sense will prevail and they offer ML the position. Time to grow a backbone Dickson. OFFER LEACH NOW!!!!
JTLiuzza
Swell

Also on that score, it's probably time to pull the InRodWeTrust page. It's still coming up when I come to this site.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
RobertM320
Green Wave

1ndabag wrote:Also on that score, it's probably time to pull the InRodWeTrust page. It's still coming up when I come to this site.
I was thinking the same. I think its time to put the letter back up.

Can we highlight this part? :arrow:
This is your responsibility as you have not taken the proper steps to hire the proper coach. In fact, you have a history of hiring incompetent coaches.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Northshore Wave
Ripple

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Northshore Wave wrote:I keep hearing Haywood is our guy. He may end up winning and being a great coach here. I personally have no issue with Haywood, but given the present time in Tulane history I don't understand how you don't offer ML. Leach will win here immediately, triple our season tix, create excitement, and bring cred back to TU. High School recruits want to play in ML's system. I'm not an insider by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a couple sources that insist that Cowen is 110% against Mike Leach for some reason. Both of these "sources" have never been wrong about the inner workings of TU athletics. Past players are trying to reason with RD and insist on revisiting looking at ML. Again, I'm being told that if we offer we will get ML.
This is nuts. These fools need to understand that they don't have the liberty of passing on Leach if he would accept the job. If Haywood is hired after being promised a "splash hire" then that will create as many problems as it solves. Remember there was a lot of heat on Dickson before RR's name was announced and the few people paying attention were sold a splash hire.

Haywood and a 25K stadium is a disaster and I don't know if Cowen/Dickson are smart enough to understand that.
I haven't heard that Tulane is dead set on not hiring Leach, but my source who is very close to the program, indicated that he is not the #2 choice. This source has been 100% accurate throughout the process. Can't get my source to reveal the next likely pick, but willing to bet it's Haywood based on what I've heard. I'm still holding out faint hope that common sense will prevail and they offer ML the position. Time to grow a backbone Dickson. OFFER LEACH NOW!!!!
Bottom Line is Tulane is not even going to offer ML. That is a horrible, horrible mistake!
TURVS71
Swell

1ndabag wrote:Also on that score, it's probably time to pull the InRodWeTrust page. It's still coming up when I come to this site.
The TECHNICAL side of the family is in Houston and out at dinner. He will take care of it! Afterall, THAT'S why I sent him Tulane!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
ExileWave
Surge

If Haywood is #2 ahead of Leach, things are worse than I dreamed. :roll: :roll:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ExileWave wrote:If Haywood is #2 ahead of Leach, things are worse than I dreamed. :roll: :roll:
I don't think. I was always told ML was #1A. But I didn't hear the SC veto part either. I heard Haywood was in the top 5, probably 3rd on the list.
Tulane Class of 1981
Highwave
Low Tide

Haywood wasnt in top 3 before Rich Rod declined and don't see why he would've risen to the top since.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Highwave wrote:Haywood wasnt in top 3 before Rich Rod declined and don't see why he would've risen to the top since.
Well then who was after RR & ML?
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
Highwave wrote:Haywood wasnt in top 3 before Rich Rod declined and don't see why he would've risen to the top since.
According to some sources, Lionel Washington. Now, don't you really wish you hadn't asked that question? :twisted:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here's your probable choices. Get your dartboard out.

Mike Haywood
Manny Diaz
Jeff Jagodzinski
Steed Lobotzke
Curtis Johnson
Lionel Washington
Tim Beckman
Dave Clawson
Pete Lembo

On Edit I forgot......
Tim Brewster
Last edited by tpstulane on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981
Nerky
Ripple

What about Ed Orgeron? I wish Ole Miss had given him one more year. He's a Louisiana guy that can recruit better than anyone. I'd think he'd bring the energy that the program needs, and you could get him on the cheap. I think with a solid OC & DC he'd do a great job; trying to be his own DC, when he had never been DC before, was his downfall at Ole Miss.
"Fortune favors the bold." - Vergil
TU23
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
According to some sources, Lionel Washington. Now, don't you really wish you hadn't asked that question? :twisted:
That would be a disaster. The only reason we interviewed him is because he is a Tulane graduate. He is completely unqualified to be a college head coach.
greenie78
Riptide

Nerky wrote:What about Ed Orgeron? I wish Ole Miss had given him one more year. He's a Louisiana guy that can recruit better than anyone. I'd think he'd bring the energy that the program needs, and you could get him on the cheap. I think with a solid OC & DC he'd do a great job; trying to be his own DC, when he had never been DC before, was his downfall at Ole Miss.
He's a great recruiter, but was a terrible head coach. Seems like another Frank Wilson or Larry Porter to me.
Northshore Wave
Ripple

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Lionel Washington is still being considered but Haywood is #1 now
ExileWave
Surge

tpstulane wrote:Here's your probable choices. Get your dartboard out.

Mike Haywood
Manny Diaz
Jeff Jagodzinski
Steed Lobotzke
Curtis Johnson
Lionel Washington
Tim Beckman
Dave Clawson
Pete Lembo
WOW- time to start drinking (again)!
Wavetime
Swell

Anybody know anything about Manny Diaz?

I am not sold on Heywood.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ExileWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Here's your probable choices. Get your dartboard out.

Mike Haywood
Manny Diaz
Jeff Jagodzinski
Steed Lobotzke
Curtis Johnson
Lionel Washington
Tim Beckman
Dave Clawson
Pete Lembo

Tim Brewster
WOW- time to start drinking (again)!
Scary I know., that's why RR & ML were safe picks.
Last edited by tpstulane on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981
baldboy
Low Tide

That list sucks ass. Haywood hire and I cancel all my season tickets in every sport. You don't go after RR, not even offer ML and hire Haywood. That would be the end of the program. Seriously, Haywood. This is a felony offense.
austxwave
High Tide

What happened to everyone "in the know" who said we would be very happy with the hire? Did they think we would hire RR or is there someone not on that list that would make me happy?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:Anybody know anything about Manny Diaz?

Texas DC and linebackers coach. He was also an assistant at Miss St, Middle Tennessee, NC State and Florida State.
Tulane Class of 1981