RD ranked #8 on AD Hot Seat

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
torbida
Surge

has Toledo and rickdick listed on coaches and ads on hot seats. Those seats should've collapsed from heat flames last year but hey better late than never. :x :evil:

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Top 10 Athletic Directors Hot Seat

1. Gene Smith, Ohio State
2. Gene DeFilippo, Boston College
3. Pete Boone, Ole Miss
4. RC Johnson, Memphis
5. Mitch Barnhart, Kentucky
6. DeLoss Dodds, Texas
7. Brian Mackin, UAB
8. Rick Dickson, Tulane
9. Sandy Barbour, California
10. Dan Guerrero, UCLA
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
torbida
Surge

notice #9.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DeLoss Dodds on the "hot seat"...how da hell duz that happen, when he is really the Big 12 commish !!! and TV exec ?!?!?!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

torbida wrote:notice #9.
Wow two in there....
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
Wow two in there....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave to em
Surge

Mike stoops (Arizona head coach) just got fired a few minutes ago.....I guess u of A doesn't wanna be losers....good for them....
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wave to em wrote:Mike stoops (Arizona head coach) just got fired a few minutes ago.....I guess u of A doesn't wanna be losers....good for them....
They'll get a jump on hiring a good coach.
Tulane Class of 1981
Ray
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wow two in there....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gene Smith at Ohio State has got to be in first place by a Country Mile.
sader24
Tsunami

I wish Dickson was on the Hot Seat, but that would entail the possibility that Cowen would fire him. It's fairly obvious that Cowen is not worried about on field results and thus it would take some sort of scandal to end Dickson's tenure here unless the fanbase makes it untenable for him remain at the University.
Ray
Surge

sader24 wrote:I wish Dickson was on the Hot Seat, but that would entail the possibility that Cowen would fire him. It's fairly obvious that Cowen is not worried about on field results and thus it would take some sort of scandal to end Dickson's tenure here unless the fanbase makes it untenable for him remain at the University.
Dickson IS on the AD hot list. Ranked # 8.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Dickson should be ranked Number 1. Outsiders are not as familiar with his incompetency as us.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wavetime
Swell

I agree with the whole Toledo leaving topic. I'm also a believer that even if we win out and go 9 - 4, Toledo will still go. But Dickson? We all know his shortcomings, admin skills, marketing, scheduling, down turn of the programs etc. But he did play an integral part in 2003 and did find homes for our athletes in 2005. Now, calm down, I'm not saying that he should stay. I do think he should have been given a few years to make things better, and he has had more than a few years. I do think he should be gone. But, what does Cowen think? How is Dickson viewed by Cowen is my question. Does Dickson just get marching orders from Cowen and he's a puppet. Or does Cowen give Dickson rope and he's hung himself? Does Cowen trust Dickson enough to make us credible in athletics again given that fact that we just may get some budget increase to hire a coach? I think the only way he keeps his job is if we go to the Big 12, but that's me, not Cowen.
sader24
Tsunami

He's on a ESPN hot seat, that has nothing to do with whether or not Cowen would actually fire him. I can make a list too, it doesn't make it accurate.