New Cleats?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
UptWave91
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:21 am
UptWave91 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:40 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am LSU, Florida nad Michigan state are ugly and that is being polite..OU is nothing more than what they normally wear, crimson and white
so out of the 10 schools i mention you said one was a normal wear.
That was just the schools with pics, look at those links you asked for if you havent.
Ugly or not it was still done by schools with TRADITION and WINNING TRADITION at that.
Tennessee...is not that different than what they normally wear, they subbed dark gray for white...I only looked at the pics you posted, not all of the links...OU is not that different, no crappy color combo, just a few elongated lines......Hey, their choice, they wished to look like shit, more exlax to them
:lol: not that different. - where have you seen dark gray at on any tennessee jersey before that, they added a completely different color. Thanks Kinda Different.
But you asked for the links so take a look

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

UptWave91 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am LSU, Florida nad Michigan state are ugly and that is being polite..OU is nothing more than what they normally wear, crimson and white
That was just the schools with pics, look at those links you asked for if you havent.
Ugly or not it was still done by schools with TRADITION and WINNING TRADITION at that.
Tennessee...is not that different than what they normally wear, they subbed dark gray for white...I only looked at the pics you posted, not all of the links...OU is not that different, no crappy color combo, just a few elongated lines......Hey, their choice, they wished to look like shit, more exlax to them
:lol: not that different. - where have you seen dark gray at on any tennessee jersey before that, they added a completely different color. Thanks Kinda Different.
I may be mistaken but I think that grey and yellow uni was used last year in sum "meaningful" game last year.... no different then tulane using an all green with black numbers kinda thing or better yet, stayin with school colors all black with green/blue numbers, with a peacock color cordinated helmet...bet it would look outstanding
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
UptWave91
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 pm
UptWave91 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 pm
I may be mistaken but I think that grey and yellow uni was used last year in sum "meaningful" game last year.... no different then tulane using an all green with black numbers kinda thing or better yet, stayin with school colors all black with green/blue numbers, with a peacock color cordinated helmet...bet it would look outstanding
it wasnt, they stopped using those uniform 2 years ago, but the point is a traditional school like Tennessee has done it. i've given you multiple school, it happens.
McWave
High Tide

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:07 pm

I don't know about this... :?
Those things are hideous!!!! Unless the bowling team will be wearing them with matching shirts. I do not want to see those things anywhere. 🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

McWave wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:34 pmThose things are hideous!!!! Unless the bowling team will be wearing them with matching shirts. I do not want to see those things anywhere. 🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Citypark
Ripple

If one must use these horrible uniforms to please today's student athletes, the smart thing to do would pick a game or two for them and maintain a traditional uniform (and national mark) for all other games.

It is truly SAD to believe that a young equipment manager, who knowns little about Tulane or New Orleans' love of tradition, could supercede the wishes of the vast majority of loyal Green Wave fans and financial supporters.

Will Tulane athletic administrators, who are constantly asking for financial support from a very small fan base, ever learn the concept of "fan friendly"? That seems to be a lost art with Tulane sports. It shouldn't be a big deal to compromise on this significant issue to a large number of Green Wave fans.

As they say, "Only at Tulane."
UptWave91
Ripple

Citypark wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 pm If one must use these horrible uniforms to please today's student athletes, the smart thing to do would pick a game or two for them and maintain a traditional uniform (and national mark) for all other games.

It is truly SAD to believe that a young equipment manager, who knowns little about Tulane or New Orleans' love of tradition, could supercede the wishes of the vast majority of loyal Green Wave fans and financial supporters.

Will Tulane athletic administrators, who are constantly asking for financial support from a very small fan base, ever learn the concept of "fan friendly"? That seems to be a lost art with Tulane sports. It shouldn't be a big deal to compromise on this significant issue to a large number of Green Wave fans.

As they say, "Only at Tulane."
So i sent the picture of cleats to my buddy, he said those cleats were a custom pair a player had made last year.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The grand point to this whole thread is that except for Texas, Bama, USC and Penn St (and there could be a couple I’ve overlooked), the traditional powers have experimented with their unis, whether they are hideous or not. On any level, tradition is no reason to not do anything at Tulane.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Eaglewave
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:40 pm
McWave wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:34 pmThose things are hideous!!!! Unless the bowling team will be wearing them with matching shirts. I do not want to see those things anywhere. 🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

+2

Preach Pastor!
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

I hate them, but I am shocked that all of you Cartoon Character......I mean Angry Wave fans don’t like it. These shoes look just as goofy as our current logo. It matches!
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I like the cleats by themselves. Some things that look good up close don't show up when watching from the stands. Our tradition has been green jersey's and white pants with a white helmet at home and white jersey with green or white pants on the road. Helmet decals have changed. Yes the traditional powers have worn some different combos in the recent past but they are one off's. We are into wearing a different combo for every game. My position is stick to tradition except for that one off or if the team is performing at such a high level then give them more opportunities to wear the different combos.

As for the post saying one of the equipment managers is laughing at us is uncalled for. We are the fan base. The fact is we have applauded the work they've done on many levels. I have posted that if the rest of the athletic department performed at their levels we'd all be really happy. Shame on you for coming here and trying to get in our faces.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
UptWave91
Ripple

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 pm I like the cleats by themselves. Some things that look good up close don't show up when watching from the stands. Our tradition has been green jersey's and white pants with a white helmet at home and white jersey with green or white pants on the road. Helmet decals have changed. Yes the traditional powers have worn some different combos in the recent past but they are one off's. We are into wearing a different combo for every game. My position is stick to tradition except for that one off or if the team is performing at such a high level then give them more opportunities to wear the different combos.

As for the post saying one of the equipment managers is laughing at us is uncalled for. We are the fan base. The fact is we have applauded the work they've done on many levels. I have posted that if the rest of the athletic department performed at their levels we'd all be really happy. Shame on you for coming here and trying to get in our faces.
i agree with the first part. but its the landscape of college football, like everything else things changes

and hes laughing at the time wasted on things like this... it was a player who had cleats made yet it became this.
i'll be sure to pass along the compliment as well.
I wasnt getting in anyone face, i was simply pointing out what pretty much every school is doing. if every school has an indoor there is going to be someone saying we need one, what the difference of me saying we change our uniforms like everynoe else "Shrugs:" it has to happen to get recruits now outside of the top 4/5 schools in the nation. just look at our conference Houston, Memphis, UCF. the best 3 teams last few years and they do it. you have to do it to stay relevant and compete. no harm intended
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Appreciate the response but I believe most here disagree that we have to wear something different every game. Plus if they want to do it more than once a season let them earn it with winning performances.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

I agree with Winwave here. I hate changing uniforms like changing underwear. I am fine with changing things up for a special rivalry, significant night game, homecoming or a Bowl Game. Maybe twice in the year for one of those special games is ok. Changing every week seems like a search for attention. Let’s start busting some ass on a regular basis and make folks like our uniforms.
Ball Sumrall!
greenie78
Riptide

Tsunami wave helmets should be our regular helmets each game.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:00 am Tsunami wave helmets should be our regular helmets each game.
The black one was pretty good. The white one (Cure Bowl) was non-descript, you couldn’t recognize what was on the helmet. My personal favorite helmet logo is the big block “T”, easily recognizable from a mile away.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Over they years, many of us have criticized the failure of past Tulane administrators to recognize and react to new developments in the intercollegiate athletic world. Let’s not fall into the same bucket, even if it’s just unis. If the young athletes want flashy unis, so be it. Remember most of them have no Tulane tradition when they are being recruited.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 am
greenie78 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:00 am Tsunami wave helmets should be our regular helmets each game.
The black one was pretty good. The white one (Cure Bowl) was non-descript, you couldn’t recognize what was on the helmet. My personal favorite helmet logo is the big block “T”, easily recognizable from a mile away.
while watching the game, somone remarked it looked like some kid shot string cheese on the helmet
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:30 am Over they years, many of us have criticized the failure of past Tulane administrators to recognize and react to new developments in the intercollegiate athletic world. Let’s not fall into the same bucket, even if it’s just unis. If the young athletes want flashy unis, so be it. Remember most of them have no Tulane tradition when they are being recruited.
Agree. I don't mind the diff. Tulane unis we've seen as of late. I just think those cleats are FUGLY. :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wumbo Wave is cool but I'd put it in the special game category. The Angry Wave decal works just fine.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:46 am
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 am
while watching the game, somone remarked it looked like some kid shot string cheese on the helmet
That’s a really good description of what they looked like.