Stolen and Under Appreciated

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

ESPN wonders how we stole such an under appreciated winner : COACH HUNTER !

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm excited and all, but we still have games to play...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:12 pm ESPN wonders how we stole such an under appreciated winner : COACH HUNTER !
Please post a link to what you are referring to. I've googled ESPN Coach Ron Hunter and get nothing from any time more recent than late March. Make your post meaningful by giving us a chance to understand what motivated you to start the thread. Thank you.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

ESPN has taken the story down....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:37 pm ESPN has taken the story down....
hence, the "stolen" part
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:19 pm I'm excited and all, but we still have games to play...
Good point. Despite the excitement, I suspect our opponents will still show up and play the games.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
nawlinspete
Riptide

Story back up at NCAAM....

" Ranking college basketball's underappreciated coaches "
Wave755
Tsunami

Here is the link for the article. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ed-coaches

Ron Hunter is no. 8 on the 3rd list, - Coaches who are underappreciated because they're coaching at schools that lack national brands (The Bob McKillop category).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:53 pm Here is the link for the article. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ed-coaches

Ron Hunter is no. 8 on the 3rd list, - Coaches who are underappreciated because they're coaching at schools that lack national brands (The Bob McKillop category).
Thanks for the link.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:34 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:53 pm Here is the link for the article. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ed-coaches

Thanks for the link.
:thumbup:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks to both N'awlinspete and Wave755. It's a good read, but definitely just filler during the dog (or should I say Dawg since I'm in Georgia) days of summer.

Golfnut, you'd love where I am for four days. Lake Oconee, GA. Hoping to get out on the golf course tomorrow afternoon (after the boss, who messed up my invite to this afternoons golf outing, leaves for Texas.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks to both N'awlinspete and Wave755. It's a good read, but definitely just filler during the dog (or should I say Dawg since I'm in Georgia) days of summer.

Golfnut, you'd love where I am for four days. Lake Oconee, GA. Hoping to get out on the golf course tomorrow afternoon (after the boss, who messed up my invite to this afternoons golf outing, leaves for Texas.)
I use to play in an event in Gainsville Ga at Lake Lanier...there was as spot on the lake called Cocktail Cove with some lovely young topless ladies on the boats watching the tournament...I may have to return !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !