New Team

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
galvezwave
Swell

Really looking forward to this fall.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

It really is crazy. We legit have a completely different/new team.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:50 pm It really is crazy. We legit have a completely different/new team.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

He knew what was needed as stated here during the season- athleticism and shooters. Good that he was familiar with our former team from playing us.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

thats a pretty exciting clip !
WavyHoops
High Tide

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It will be interesting to see how competitive Coach Hunter can make this group. What do people think, is this team talented enough to make a run at .500 in the AAC? I'm willing to give Ron Hunter a few years, but he did tell us he was taking Tulane to the post-season in year 1.

I love his bravado, and won't hold him to his promise. But I'm psyched to see a well coached team on the floor for our Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 pm
I love the effort in the dive for the ball. But isn't the right call there traveling, and our opponent gets the ball? He slides and rolls quite a few feet. Just me?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We're all excited about the potential but it's way too early to say whether they'll make the post season or not. Some are coming from smaller schools, Some not so great stats. They all do appear athletic which is critical to his system and to us competing at this level. I din't think anyone is holding him to making the NCAA tournament next year. We know he needs time. But because of his persona I also don't think anyone is writing it off as impossible. At least he's making it fun to follow.
WavyHoops
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm It will be interesting to see how competitive Coach Hunter can make this group. What do people think, is this team talented enough to make a run at .500 in the AAC? I'm willing to give Ron Hunter a few years, but he did tell us he was taking Tulane to the post-season in year 1.

I love his bravado, and won't hold him to his promise. But I'm psyched to see a well coached team on the floor for our Wave!
I think .500 in conference would be a remarkable achievement in year one. We were 3-15 in 17/18 with two future NBA players.

What I'm really interested in at the moment is the non-conference schedule. Wonder when that comes out.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:29 pm We're all excited about the potential but it's way too early to say whether they'll make the post season or not. Some are coming from smaller schools, Some not so great stats. They all do appear athletic which is critical to his system and to us competing at this level. I din't think anyone is holding him to making the NCAA tournament next year. We know he needs time. But because of his persona I also don't think anyone is writing it off as impossible. At least he's making it fun to follow.
Agreed,
galvezwave
Swell

I kind of look at it like Fritz’s first year . First year cleaning up a dumpster fire , just not being embarrassing is good goal. Anything above that is gravy.
RobertM320
Green Wave

This from Coach Hunter and GreenWave MBB today.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
WavyHoops
High Tide

Love the Big O shout.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Looking forward to this.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:19 pm This from Coach Hunter and GreenWave MBB today.

Thanks for the clip.

Met the Big O and Tark the Shark when Tulane hosted a HS All American game as part of the Final Four in 1982. Tark said he'd never bring UNLV to play in Fogelman, it was too much of a home court advantage.

You have to love Coach Hunter for his enthusiasm. He may be a dreamer, but we all have to chase the dream. Easy to say as I head back to sleep!
VanceWGreen
Ripple

The excitement is understandable, but some caution is in order. At the .53 , in response to “What should the fans be excited about for this season”, Coach Hunter said “winning.” I heard nothing about leading these young men through the travails of life, graduation rates, or even tillage and floriculture. This is where we miss Mr. Dickson, who always led Tulane from the proper perspective and could temper too much focus on superficial verities such as won-loss records.
Wave755
Tsunami

VanceWGreen wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 am The excitement is understandable, but some caution is in order. At the .53 , in response to “What should the fans be excited about for this season”, Coach Hunter said “winning.” I heard nothing about leading these young men through the travails of life, graduation rates, or even tillage and floriculture. This is where we miss Mr. Dickson, who always led Tulane from the proper perspective and could temper too much focus on superficial verities such as won-loss records.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

VanceWGreen wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 am The excitement is understandable, but some caution is in order. At the .53 , in response to “What should the fans be excited about for this season”, Coach Hunter said “winning.” I heard nothing about leading these young men through the travails of life, graduation rates, or even tillage and floriculture. This is where we miss Mr. Dickson, who always led Tulane from the proper perspective and could temper too much focus on superficial verities such as won-loss records.
Welcome back Vance!
Definitely a candidate for Post of the Year! :lol: :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I love this :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

And, of course, VanceWGreen, by "Mr. Dickson" you mean, "Tricky Dick" Rick Dickson of the infamous Cow/Dick Clan? :lolgreen: :lolgreen: :lolgreen:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 pm Divine Plan:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 298d6.html

WINNING! Love it.
Great interview. In addition to being (hopefully) solid basketball players, these grad transfers are men, not boys. This team will look very different this year.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Zion Williamson is going to kill our walk up and impulse ticket sales. We are not a basketball town and basketball interest is very limited .

We had better hope we are not at home the same nights the Pels are . we will be totally empty those nights .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .